NBA 19-20

AW said:
A guy who graduated from northwestern and MIT MBA, gm for a nba team, co-chairperson of MIT sports analytics conference is ?misinformed?...

It's it funny how some athletes with little to education start thinking that they are smart than everyone else in the room just people they have athletic skills that has earned them a lot of money. 

USCTrojanCPA said:
AW said:
A guy who graduated from northwestern and MIT MBA, gm for a nba team, co-chairperson of MIT sports analytics conference is ?misinformed?...

It's it funny how some athletes with little to education start thinking that they are smart than everyone else in the room just people they have athletic skills that has earned them a lot of money.

When you are surrounded by 'yes' men, it's hard to develop an informed perspective because nobody is there to challenge you.  I've seen this with business leaders on more than one occasion.  One of the beauties of this forum, and others, is that we do get to challenge each other with differing perspectives.  I'm probably more informed about the politics of China vs HK due to the posts I've read on TI.  Maybe Lebron should create an account.

Lots of movement.

Not sure what the Clippers were doing other than trying to prevent the Lakers from getting Morris. They might waive IT2 and maybe pick up Collison.

Drummond and DLo were weird trades to me... esp Drummond.

Iggy went to South Beach instead of LA which is strange.

Lakers are still good without any trades.

Interesting All-Star weekend.

Skills challenge needs to be replaced, maybe some 3-on-3 action with the WNBA players mixed in.

Dunk contest... I think Aaron Gordon was better.

At least the Sunday game was competitive... I like how they all wore 24 and 2.

So who thinks they'll restart the 2019/2020 NBA season?  I think if they don't do it by June, it won't happen.

LeBron must be losing $ and his expenses aren?t going down.

Don?t worry Mr. James, #wereallinthistogether

I?d like to see the season played out. This was one of the most interesting years with all the players reshuffled.

There is a sim on NBA2K that played the rest of the season and are in the 2nd round of playoffs:
https://nba.2k.com/en-US/news/2ksim/

dims

Hating on LeBron?
That guy must be a clip fan.

The waterboy thinks he is right but I don?t know. I just know he made a big deal about measure B, and guess what he was wrong. ;)

It would be weird but I like the proposal of having all the teams in one location and play out their season and playoffs in several empty stadiums.

Maybe by the time the East/West Finals and the Finals come, it will be safe enough to have fans then.

irvinehomeowner said:
It would be weird but I like the proposal of having all the teams in one location and play out their season and playoffs in several empty stadiums.

Maybe by the time the East/West Finals and the Finals come, it will be safe enough to have fans then.

I don't think we'll see fans in any stadiums or arenas this year if they do open things up for sporting events (NBA, NHL, Baseball, Football, etc).

aquabliss said:
LeBron also said he would never play in an empty stadium.  We%u2019ll see if that holds true.

LeBron said that and retracted his statement like the next day. LeBron cares about the fans. LeBron is amazing on the court, and off the court. LeBron James helped open a public school in Akron for at-risk kids.

I just remembered Trump attacked LeBron on Twitter.

Tweeted by Trump:
Lebron James was just interviewed by the dumbest man on television, Don Lemon. He made Lebron look smart, which isn%u2019t easy to do. I like Mike!
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/20/lebron-james-fires-back-at-president-trump-after-insult.html

So I guess this is why he is hating on James. What a shame!

if ticket prices come down accordingly, arenas will most certainly be sold out.  small market teams might struggle, but imagine going to a lakers game for $20.  this is a chance for some people, who would have never been able to normally afford to go, to finally see the team they've been cheering on their whole life.

This is going to be interesting. I really like the new calendar for 20-21 season, or really the 2021 season since it?s starts on Christmas. That will give us basketball through August and then football starts in September. Good sports year round.

qwerty said:
This is going to be interesting. I really like the new calendar for 20-21 season, or really the 2021 season since it?s starts on Christmas. That will give us basketball through August and then football starts in September. Good sports year round.

Unless we have a seasonal lockdown. :)

College football is going to be interesting. If they allow college football to play it will clearly show that the colleges only care about the money produced by college football and not about the students themselves. At that point they should just get rid of the ncaa. We already know all they care about is the money but playing college football will just lift the veil.

Back