NBA 19-20

irvinehomeowner said:
@IC:

Did you real ALL the writers and bloggers... listen to NBA Radio or even local stations... it's not Warrior love everywhere except in your own mind. :)

Your idea of "fun" is relative. What's fun to you may not be the same for others... like me and Cares. Physical basketball is fun for many people... I'm sure Detroit and Knicks citizens will disagree with your notion of fun.

Did you watch The Last Dance? There are still Jordan fans today who think the 90s Bulls were more fun than the Warriors. Same with Showtime and Shaq/Kobe Lakerists.

Just admit the bias... c'mon... it's okay. Lakers are not even my favorite team but I can see the "fun". And Harden is actually one of my favorite players... so I think he's effective AND fun. I didn't like him before because of that same narrow bias about him always trying to get fouled but once you look at the nuances of what he does, you can appreciate his talent.

Again...fun is about entertainment.  You can have nostaglia and warm feelings but it's not "fun" as in watching them play. 

Harden is very effectively and skilled but he is incredibly boring to watch.

Cares said:
By the way, great video I saw about Harden. He's literally transforming the NBA and is off the charts. He's a generational talent that probably will create rule book changes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp47GeO6k6Q

Transforming NBA how?  Warriors eliminated the concept of positions, matchups, and traditional bigs. 

Again..this is not my fandom bias...it's an objective fact. 
https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-golden-state-warriors-have-revolutionized-basketball-1459956975
https://www.sbnation.com/2019/6/14/18678643/golden-state-warriors-nba-finals-2019-legacy-future
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...t-as-much-as-warriors-teammate-stephen-curry/
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba...warriors-3-pointer/1cjje4rjv1apa1djxq4urf8bim
https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/w...changed-nba-still-underrated-dan-patrick-says

Just like Jerry West changed the NBA with the Showtime Lakers in the 1980s...he has changed the NBA again with the Steph Warriors.

See... that's your bias.

You think entertaining at the pocket parks and community areas is more fun that in your own backyard... that's why you like small lots.

Many others think it's more fun and entertaining to host parties in their own yard... thus they like big lots.

Harden is very entertaining to me... and many others... your posts are full of bias and you don't even know it.

Irvinecommuter said:
Transforming NBA how?

I literally posted a video to explain my comment and you're asking me how? Watch the video.

Anyways I think it's super exciting from a purist perspective to see 1v1 ISOs. Fans are excited over it which is why when you see 2 superstars going 1v1 the entire arena stands up to cheer. Harden is probably the best ISO player in the league.

Irvinecommuter said:
Athleticism is great and that is why watching like Lebron and MJ is great...but there is a whole different level of fun when you watch a guy like Steph dribble around and launch 3s at will. 

The fact you don't recognize the bias in this statement now makes more sense of how you base your opinions. :)

Lillard is a career 43.7% shooter..37.3% from 3s...career eFG of 51.6.  Averaging 6.5 assists a game.

Curry is a career 47.6% shooter...43.5% from 3s (8.2 a/g)...career eFG of 58.1...averaging 6.6 assists a game. 

Why are you bringing stats into this? I thought we were talking about fun. There are many players better than Steph if we are going to compare overall stats... he's not even a top 3 pick in any fantasy league.

irvinehomeowner said:
See... that's your bias.

You think entertaining at the pocket parks and community areas is more fun that in your own backyard... that's why you like small lots.

Many others think it's more fun and entertaining to host parties in their own yard... thus they like big lots.

Harden is very entertaining to me... and many others... your posts are full of bias and you don't even know it.

Everyone has biases...me included.  But again...there are plenty of NBA writers, former players, and GMs who agree regarding the entertainment factor of the Warriors and how they fundamentally changed the NBA.

Cares said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Transforming NBA how?

I literally posted a video to explain my comment and you're asking me how? Watch the video.

Anyways I think it's super exciting from a purist perspective to see 1v1 ISOs. Fans are excited over it which is why when you see 2 superstars going 1v1 the entire arena stands up to cheer. Harden is probably the best ISO player in the league.

Yes...a purist would but basketball is a team game.  Watching ISO ball is incredibly boring for many.

irvinehomeowner said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Athleticism is great and that is why watching like Lebron and MJ is great...but there is a whole different level of fun when you watch a guy like Steph dribble around and launch 3s at will. 

The fact you don't recognize the bias in this statement now makes more sense of how you base your opinions. :)

Lillard is a career 43.7% shooter..37.3% from 3s...career eFG of 51.6.  Averaging 6.5 assists a game.

Curry is a career 47.6% shooter...43.5% from 3s (8.2 a/g)...career eFG of 58.1...averaging 6.6 assists a game. 

Why are you bringing stats into this? I thought we were talking about fun. There are many players better than Steph if we are going to compare overall stats... he's not even a top 3 pick in any fantasy league.

See...I can separate bias/opinion from facts.

The first comment was opinion/bias...my own.  Just talking about why Steph is beloved by many because they can identify with him.

The second is fact...Steph is a better and more consistent player than Lilllard...stats prove it.  Lillard is a great player but Steph is better.

Adding to that point:

Made 3s: 30-35 Feet (Since 2014-15)
SHOOTER 3PM 3PA 3P%
Stephen Curry 45 94 47.9
Damian Lillard 33 110 30.0
LeBron James 15 42 35.7
Trae Young 13 32 40.6
Eric Gordon 13 41 31.7
Source: NBA Advanced Stats

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25771897/steph-curry-unleashing-impossible-range

Irvinecommuter said:
Watching ISO ball is incredibly boring for many.

Wow. I give up.

Who are these "many" that you are citing? Sorry... I've taken away your NBA fan card... wait... your basketball in general fan card too.

ISO ball is actually part of team play... it creates opportunities and mismatches. When Covid "miraculously disappers"... I'll show you someday... it will be "fun" for me. :)

Irvinecommuter said:
The second is fact...Steph is a better and more consistent player than Lilllard...stats prove it.  Lillard is a great player but Steph is better.

Steph has had a better team than Lillard every single season of their careers.

You're linking irrelevant cherry picked stats. If you want to talk individual skill, isolation stats are more relevant:https://stats.nba.com/players/isolation/

Look at 18-19 season and where Steph is on the list for creating his own shot versus the rest of the NBA. Facts prove that Steph has always had a better team and offensive action to help his game.

irvinehomeowner said:
Irvinecommuter said:

Wow. I give up.

Who are these "many" that you are citing? Sorry... I've taken away your NBA fan card... wait... your basketball in general fan card too.

ISO ball is actually part of team play... it creates opportunities and mismatches. When Covid "miraculously disappers"... I'll show you someday... it will be "fun" for me. :)

Again...you confuse effectiveness with fun.

Oh by the way..how is Harden working out in the playoffs when he doesn't get the calls?  Oh right...

Cares said:
Irvinecommuter said:

Steph has had a better team than Lillard every single season of their careers.

You're linking irrelevant cherry picked stats. If you want to talk individual skill, isolation stats are more relevant:https://stats.nba.com/players/isolation/

Look where Steph is on the list for creating his own shot versus the rest of the NBA. Facts prove that Steph has always had a better team and offensive action to help his game.

Why would Steph play in ISO?  Steph plays in a team offense...

Steph creates an incredible amount of gravity that creates numerous opportunities for his teammates.
https://clutchpoints.com/why-stephen-curry-gravity-more-important-to-warriors-than-his-scoring/
https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/6yirnk/stephen_currys_gravity_is_absolutely_insane/
https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/c68j4o/lillard_vs_curry_gravity/

Irvinecommuter said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Irvinecommuter said:

Wow. I give up.

Oh by the way..how is Harden working out in the playoffs when he doesn't get the calls?  Oh right...

What you mean? Rockets up 2-0? Harden still shooting 9 FTs a game and averaging 29 PPG.

Cares said:
Irvinecommuter said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Irvinecommuter said:

Wow. I give up.

What you mean? Rockets up 2-0? Harden still shooting 9 FTs a game and averaging 29 PPG.

Round 1 my friend...round 1.

Irvinecommuter said:
Cares said:
Irvinecommuter said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Irvinecommuter said:

Wow. I give up.

Round 1 my friend...round 1.

So again, what did you even mean by your comment? Just wanted to say something for the sake of writing something?

Irvinecommuter said:
The first comment was opinion/bias...my own.  Just talking about why Steph is beloved by many because they can identify with him.

I hate defending qwerty ( :) ) but he did say "overtaken" which does mean "recency" and thus career stats don't really prove anything. I think Steph is an overall better player than Dame too... but Dame did make some highlight shots this season (including sending PG13 home last year's playoffs)... what has Steph done this year... oh wait... injury and didn't make the bubble. Out of sight... out of mind.

Irvinecommuter said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Irvinecommuter said:

Wow. I give up.

Ever see Harden drive and the defense collapses and he behind the back passes to a teammate for any easy bucket? Or juke steps a player and then sidesteps and puts it in their eye (which is what you like from Steph). That's effective AND fun.

Sure... past history has shown he struggles in the playoffs... but I thought we were talking about fun. You keep flipping back and forth between different things.

Back