Most embarassing...

[quote author="SoOCOwner" date=1229647867][quote author="biscuitninja" date=1229647668][quote author="Trooper" date=1229615719]I had my gun do that once. Like a fool, I had just tucked it in my waistband (was off duty) without the holster. I bent down to pick something up .... and when I stood up it slipped down my pant leg and landed on the pavement. Good thing no one was around....that would have been hard to explain. :shut:</blockquote>

At least you didn't have an ND. So why no holster?

-bix</blockquote>

Sorry to change directions here, but do you know of a good indoor shooting range in South OC? We have been to On-Target, but was wondering if there was an alternative.</blockquote>

There is the OC Indoor Shooting range and then Firing Line. Both are ok, but On target allows rifles, so i use it to sight in my little toy.

Anyways good luck... no BACK ON TOPIC!

-bix

I didn't speak English, I didn't understand the culture so I wasn't cool enough to hang out with. I tried so hard though to fit in and to have friends...

A few years later, I adjusted. Tried to dress, look, speak, act like my fellow Americans. I eventually got invited to sleepovers and other activities and felt like I fit in and had friends. (this was in grade school might I add)

There was one problem though...sleepovers. I made an excuse each time and avoided them like a plague. But the more of them I skipped the less I became part of the group. I had to make a choice and eventually attend. I did.

Next step...when everybody does go to sleep...force yourself not to fall-asleep. Plan didn't work out, I fell asleep...and there was a big mess that looked like a giant yellow circle. Hahaha

Well I was the joke of the school for sometime and was probably the worst time of my life.

Today, same guys still tease me about it every chance they get...but they also became my best friends and we laugh about it today.

EDIT: My only regret is that I didn't take out my buddy sleeping next to me. If I could go back...he would be toast.

[quote author="Trooper" date=1229615719]I had my gun do that once. Like a fool, I had just tucked it in my waistband (was off duty) without the holster. I bent down to pick something up .... and when I stood up it slipped down my pant leg and landed on the pavement. Good thing no one was around....that would have been hard to explain. :shut:</blockquote>

I defended a claim against a certain maker of cheap handguns that, thankfully, has gone out of business. The claim involved a guy who put the gun in the elastic waistband of his sweat pants and then he decided to push his car (needless to say, this was in the 909). When he bent over to push his car, the gun fell down his pant leg and hit the ground, went off, and grazed his thigh (missed the family jewels by less than 1"). The guy was awarded only a small claim, despite the fact my client's product was crap (properly designed guns are not supposed to go off when dropped from waist level), because the court found he was contributorily negligent for putting a loaded gun in his sweat pants waistband (i.e. court found no reasonable person would do such a thing).

[quote author="blackvault_cm" date=1229651784]I didn't speak English, I didn't understand the culture so I wasn't cool enough to hang out with. I tried so hard though to fit in and to have friends...

A few years later, I adjusted. Tried to dress, look, speak, act like my fellow Americans. I eventually got invited to sleepovers and other activities and felt like I fit in and had friends. (this was in grade school might I add)

There was one problem though...sleepovers. I made an excuse each time and avoided them like a plague. But the more of them I skipped the less I became part of the group. I had to make a choice and eventually attend. I did.

Next step...when everybody does go to sleep...force yourself not to fall-asleep. Plan didn't work out, I fell asleep...and there was a big mess that looked like a giant yellow circle. Hahaha

Well I was the joke of the school for sometime and was probably the worst time of my life.

Today, same guys still tease me about it every chance they get...but they also became my best friends and we laugh about it today.

EDIT: My only regret is that I didn't take out my buddy sleeping next to me. If I could go back...he would be toast.</blockquote>

Sarga alsonadrag? Nice.

[quote author="blackvault_cm" date=1229655760][quote author="IrvineRealtor" date=1229653101]

Sarga alsonadrag? Nice.</blockquote>

You speak hungarian?</blockquote>

I'm an exceptional realtor; and by that I mean that I am illiterate in several languages.

<em>In Hungarian I only know enough to get myself in trouble.</em>

[quote author="skek" date=1229657005][quote author="IrvineRealtor" date=1229656762][quote author="blackvault_cm" date=1229655760][quote author="IrvineRealtor" date=1229653101]

I'm an exceptional realtor; and by that I mean that I am illiterate in several languages.

<em>In Hungarian I only know enough to get myself in trouble.</em></blockquote>

It's too long to post, but remind me to tell the two of you a story about ol' skekker trying to communicate in a Hungarian post office. High score on the unintentional comedy scale.

</blockquote>

Any interest in an off-color joke with the same theme?

[quote author="IrvineRealtor" date=1229656762][quote author="blackvault_cm" date=1229655760][quote author="IrvineRealtor" date=1229653101]

Ahh. Reason I ask, is because there aren't many hungarians out there. My mom is hungarian and dad croatian. So I learned both growing up.

[quote author="skek" date=1229657005][quote author="IrvineRealtor" date=1229656762][quote author="blackvault_cm" date=1229655760][quote author="IrvineRealtor" date=1229653101]

It's too long to post, but remind me to tell the two of you a story about ol' skekker trying to communicate in a Hungarian post office. High score on the unintentional comedy scale.

It is a known and historical fact that the Hungarian language came into existence when a truck carrying a load of Scrabble tiles crashed and spilled its cargo out onto the street. (J/k!)</blockquote>

Haha. No joke man. The language definately abuses vowels to the extreme, especially the o's and u's. The rest of words do look like a bunch of scrabble tiles put together. It sounds very unique than most.

[quote author="blackvault_cm" date=1229657941][quote author="IrvineRealtor" date=1229656762][quote author="blackvault_cm" date=1229655760][quote author="IrvineRealtor" date=1229653101]

Ahh. Reason I ask, is because there aren't many hungarians out there. My mom is hungarian and dad croatian. So I learned both growing up.</blockquote>

Interesting - Mrs. Deuce is Croatian. I only recognize some of her choice words in Slav. :zip:

Regarding Ungarn - Before the Berlin Wall fell I was fortunate to travel to Eastern Europe and spent time in Pest. I had another opportunity after graduating college that allowed me to travel throughout Europe again for two years (and get paid for it!) and see some differences. Where you have previously posted about abject poverty, I am absolutely certain you know what you are speaking of. I am just as certain that you are equipped to handle whatever the economy will throw at us, having been tested before. You are lucky in that sense.

I'll add, In the midst of seeing some of those most impoverished there, even when I was younger, I did notice that there was not a lack of happiness. Just a lack of "extra stuff." I also volunteered a few times building homes in "The Brick Village" just outside of Tijuana when I was younger and recognized the same thing.

There is a lesson there that I'm trying to instill in my little ones, which can be difficult here in OC. But not impossible.

Thank you again for your posts bv, and "ishtan voo-soo-may." (unsure of the spelling, but saying that will certainly start a bar fight!)

[quote author="skek" date=1229658945]<blockquote>It is a known and historical fact that the Hungarian language came into existence when a truck carrying a load of Scrabble tiles crashed and spilled its cargo out onto the street. (J/k!)

<blockquote>Haha. No joke man. The language definately abuses vowels to the extreme, especially the o's and u's. The rest of words do look like a bunch of scrabble tiles put together. It sounds very unique than most.</blockquote></blockquote>

We spent some time in Budapest and the surrounding countryside. Very beautiful, and Budapest is a great city -- as are most cities emerging from communism and discovering freedom. Hungarians are a proud people with a rich cultural history, much of it shrouded in mythology. But in all seriousness, if I recall correctly, at its roots, Hungarian bears almost no resemblance to any surrounding language. There are some structural similarities to Finnish, and some vocabulary similarities to Turkish, but no one really knows where the language, or the early Magyars, came from. I found that fascinating.

/history lesson

So, let's hear the joke, WINEX.</blockquote>

A man was on his first business trip to Japan, and he decided to check out the local whore house.

He walked in and was assigned a young girl with a body that got him "up" immediately.

As soon as they reached the room, he started ripping her clothes off and going to town.

Moaning and grunting, the girl was screaming in Japanese, "Wasukima! Wasukima!" He was sure that she was praising him for his good job, so he kept going harder than ever.

Later, he went golfing with his boss and a few clients.

As the clients were Japanese, he decided to impress them with his new knowledge of their language. When one of them got a hole in one, he raised his arms and shouted, "Wasukima!"

All of the men looked at him quizzically, and one of them asked, "Why are you shouting 'wrong hole'?"

[quote author="IrvineRealtor" date=1229662499]

Interesting - Mrs. Deuce is Croatian. I only recognize some of her choice words in Slav. :zip:

Regarding Ungarn - Before the Berlin Wall fell I was fortunate to travel to Eastern Europe and spent time in Pest. I had another opportunity after graduating college that allowed me to travel throughout Europe again for two years (and get paid for it!) and see some differences. Where you have previously posted about abject poverty, I am absolutely certain you know what you are speaking of. I am just as certain that you are equipped to handle whatever the economy will throw at us, having been tested before. You are lucky in that sense.

I'll add, In the midst of seeing some of those most impoverished there, even when I was younger, I did notice that there was not a lack of happiness. Just a lack of "extra stuff." I also volunteered a few times building homes in "The Brick Village" just outside of Tijuana when I was younger and recognized the same thing.

There is a lesson there that I'm trying to instill in my little ones, which can be difficult here in OC. But not impossible.

Thank you again for your posts bv, and "ishtan voo-soo-may." (unsure of the spelling, but saying that will certainly start a bar fight!)</blockquote>

I thank you for your kind words. You mentioned something that I haven't discussed before, "lack of happiness". You are right, many families in Europe simply worry about basic needs of life. Because they know they don't have the opportunity to chase big homes, cars and gadgets, they spend ALOT of time together. It is very common in my culture as is throughout Europe for a relative or a close friend to simply stop by at will, walk in your home, and sit down to eat dinner with you.

So you are dead on, people in general aren't unhappy, and most cases I think they are happier. Most of my great memories come from the past where our whole families would always eat dinner together, play cards or chess. Very simple life, but very rewarding as well.

This is perhaps why America is more successful than other countries in a sense that they are more competitive. Competition and goals to succeed financialy pushes America to invent new products. While other countries are satisfied with simply drinking coffee with their neighbors.

Sigh...anyway, so easy to get off topic. Back to embarrassing moments.

PS: WTB a spell-checker.

[quote author="blackvault_cm" date=1229664099]

This is perhaps why America is more successful than other countries in a sense that they are more competitive. Competition and goals to succeed financialy pushes America to invent new products. While other countries are satisfied with simply drinking coffee with their neighbors.

</blockquote>

That?s right BV, just focus on the prize.

Be the quick acting, trigger happy financial cowboy that?s going to make me plenty of money.

Leave the rest up to me; I?ll make sure we throw the Croatian CIA off your trail.

[quote author="High Gravity" date=1229652760][quote author="Trooper" date=1229615719]I had my gun do that once. Like a fool, I had just tucked it in my waistband (was off duty) without the holster. I bent down to pick something up .... and when I stood up it slipped down my pant leg and landed on the pavement....</blockquote>

I defended a claim against a certain maker of cheap handguns that, thankfully, has gone out of business. The claim involved a guy who put the gun in the elastic waistband of his sweat pants and then he decided to push his car....</blockquote>

Wow, I thought Plaxico was the exception, but it is starting to look otherwise.

I've only told this story to my boyfriend after 3 years of dating. Too embrassed about it.

When I was in college, I went out with couple of my friends to a club at night. On our way back, I was riding in the back of the car and realized that my period was here. So I was trying to sit on the edge of the seat and too embrassed to say anything. The next morning, I got a call from one of those girls and asked me why I didn't inform them about my situation the night before. They were trying to wipe off the marks I left on the back seats at night and sent the car for detailing. I seriously did not know that I left marks. I aplogized and gave them the money for car detailing, then we stopped hanging out together. I'm still embrassed about it.

[quote author="T!m" date=1229665404][quote author="High Gravity" date=1229652760][quote author="Trooper" date=1229615719]I had my gun do that once. Like a fool, I had just tucked it in my waistband (was off duty) without the holster. I bent down to pick something up .... and when I stood up it slipped down my pant leg and landed on the pavement....</blockquote>

I defended a claim against a certain maker of cheap handguns that, thankfully, has gone out of business. The claim involved a guy who put the gun in the elastic waistband of his sweat pants and then he decided to push his car....</blockquote>

Wow, I thought Plaxico was the exception, but it is starting to look otherwise.</blockquote>

No, there are ALOT of people who do it. Just having a ND (neglegent discharge) AND and illegal carry AND shooting yourself... IN PUBLIC. While being a very public figure... well that's just kinda crazy.

I won't claim i've not had any issues... have you?

-bix

[quote author="biscuitninja" date=1229666465]

</blockquote>

I'm not sure I understand the question. I can claim I have not had issues with guns falling out of my pants. And, I've never shot myself. Is that what you are asking? Or is this a cue for Ten to make a comment about guns, pants, and shooting? :bug:

[quote author="T!m" date=1229670081][quote author="biscuitninja" date=1229666465]

</blockquote>

I'm not sure I understand the question. I can claim I have not had issues with guns falling out of my pants. And, I've never shot myself. Is that what you are asking? Or is this a cue for Ten to make a comment about guns, pants, and shooting? :bug:</blockquote>

Ohh just any mistakes with firearms. I've made a few, no self shooting or carry mishaps.... thank god.

-bix

Back