Mobile Nations - Android, iOS, BlackBerry, Windows Phone, WebOS, etc...

I think that Vietnam leak has been refuted... that phone is actually the Galaxy M.

We'll see in a few weeks... May 3rd = Galaxy S III (not even sure if they will use that name) Day.

And the Trifecta of Google Goodness is complete for today...

google-play-store.png

The stage is stet for the Google Tablet  <-  enter stage left...

Strange topic but I have been thinking a lot of my own mortality recently.  The wife regularly writes letters the kid; for someday, old enough; he would read them and get a kick out of it.  But of course I never really caught onto the idea.  Sure I have a few letters here and there, but I never made it a habit.  Then one day recently while driving home; I figure I make a video for the kid instead.  So sitting in traffic, I pointed the camera forward, and just spoke into the earphone.  It came out quite nice, even dialing down the quality; since I wanted to get the files down to size.  A 10 minute video close to 720p only came to 110 Megs; with 480p, it should even be less.  As with any picture I take, the video automatically uploads to my Google account as soon as I get home.

Google has funny policies with regards to what happens to your Google accounts when you pass away.  Apparently is a huge pain to have the account transferred legally to another person; but that got me wondering if I were to suddenly drop dead; how will my love ones even begin to decode my digital life.

As you know, practically my entire life exists on my Google account.  Bank accounts, passwords, policies, just to name a few things; but also things like informal wills, pictures, videos and diaries all exist online.

I imagine my son one day, logging in, and discovering a treasure trove of good music, well crafted emails, business deals, projects, child-hood pictures and of course my videos address specifically to him; and just feel that I am totally still with him.  He can pick any random day back in 2012 and see all the things that I searched for online, and where I went to lunch that day.  He should be able to see what I bought that day, what was on my agenda and the people that I interacted with.

So, I?m in the process of making a READ ME FIRST document; that should give my wife instruction on how to crack my Google Account, and get access to all the valuable information she would need in the case I?m not here.  It?ll have to go something like this.  She would have to know my pattern unlock for the Nexie; there she can find the Google Authenticator, 2-step verification code, then have access to G-mail.  There she can search the endless ?notes-to-self? on account information, passwords and instructions.

So the key is still my unlocking pattern on the phone...

So if my wife or son is reading this? if you got the link to this thread, my unlocking pattern on the phone is this...

%5BUNSET%5D

Luv U always...

Great post RC... just hope that I don't find your phone.

And as much as you want to hate... Apple beats forecasts AGAIN. Not only did they sell more iPhones than anticipated... they DOUBLED sales over last year. For a phone that was only a "spec bump"? Amazing.

And we still haven't seen the iPhone 5 yet. Buy AAPL now! Sammy's S3 better get here soon because once Apple drops its new iPhone on the masses... Sammy is gonna get Appled.

This article sums up why I don't think Apple is going away any time soon:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57421843-37/no-apple-wont-go-the-sony-route/?tag=nl.e703

I think it's time to Apple to wake up...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ldq2tNLRDwA[/youtube]

BTW, Apple Fan are just freaks... freaks with Cash..

Man offers to legally change name for a ticket to Apple?s WWDChttp://www.bgr.com/2012/04/26/man-offers-to-legally-change-name-for-a-ticket-to-apples-wwdc/

In addition to the name-change and $1,600, the man offered a number of perks. As he and any potential taker will share a name once the transaction is complete, the eager developer has agreed to perform jury duty, handle tasks at the department of motor vehicles and perform up to 40 hours of court-ordered community service in place of the ticket holder. He also offered a $500 bonus if the ticket holder?s first name is Jebodiah.

apple-wwdc-12.jpg

What a long a** week... good to finally be at the end of this one...

This has got to be the coolest GN ROM, my Friday is made...

This Galaxy Nexus Tablet/Phone Hybrid ROM Makes Me All Hot And Botheredhttp://phandroid.com/2012/04/27/thi...one-hybrid-rom-makes-me-all-hot-and-bothered/

hybrid_0t5bma.png

hybrid_3tvby9ufbl4.png

Really digging the Maps around London, the Open GL Big Ben & Westminster Abby...[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOFsYp7AtUs&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Can I say it again, Happy Friday... - I'm sure Google can calculate the amount of Productivity Lost in the exact dollar amount with every Easter Egg they release...http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Zerg+Rush
zerg-1335530544.jpg

I have been on my feet for about 24 out of the last 48 hours... and the week is just getting going, a brief morning of rest then set-up for another three days of shows.  Oh, but how I love working on my feet with my robot; that feeling that I can get just as much done walking around as sitting at my desk just never gets old.

I wanted to Flash 4.0.4, since my bootloader is unlocked last night, but I was just so darn tired... Come to daddy... just in time...

nexus-update-again3-487x650-1335910586.jpg

What do you guys think of Blackberry 10?
blackberry-10-call.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEPYYo0-gfc&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

I need one of this right about now...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2pj8FHxzFvI[/youtube]

RIM is moving way too slow. They've had QNX for over 2 years now.

Latest reports show they are continuing to lose market share to Android and iOS.

I don't think there is enough room for 4 mobile OS ecosystems... so RIM may join WebOS in the should-woulda-coulda category.

Good morning all, off to a relaxed start...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=soJjNdUc0QA[/youtube]

It's just one of those days, where I need a mental-emotional reset...  The past is the past, and it's a brand new day; there are tons of things to look forward to, tons of things to do and tons of things to put behind...

It's one of those days where nothing major has happened, but you just somehow intuitively know another chapter of your life has just came to a close, and you're already into the first sentence of a new page...

I like to revisit an old video from October that is very fitting for this occasion and smack the Reset Button,, NOW

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM9RO-GAKjE[/youtube]

I'm sooo behind in the android news... missed an entire week of CTIA and still processing all the Galaxy SIII news...

But this certainly caught my attention this morning...  I love small, under powered devices...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yJFsC08IZoQ[/youtube]

My first car was an 89 Honda Prelude; I bought the car with my entire savings in my senior year in high school.  I loved that car; the first stage to anything that I love is the ?babying? stage.  Where the thing gets lightly, gently used; even though the car was used, I didn?t dare rev the engine above 4,000 rpm and didn?t go above 55mph.  I cleaned the car meticulously and besides running around town, the car would basically be up on the pedestal on the drive way.

The next stages are the ?use? to ?heavy use? stages; this is the fun stage.  This is the stage where the car was put to its full potential on a daily basis.  I would get a huge grin everyday when I would red-line the engine at least once in my daily maneuverings.  I still maintained the car well into the fourth, fifth year of ownership; but it would go into seasons of messiness and disrepair.  This is also the season where I did modification to the car to make it more mine; also give it extra boosts to performance, look and styling.  The distinct memories I had were enjoying long road trips, taking it to autocrosses, and just hearing the engine sing to redline on a daily basis was a joy into itself.  It was my version of coffee in my 20s.

The last stages are inevitably the ?killing? and the ?death? stages.  As the years passed, as other secondary vehicles come and go, the Honda, became increasing stubborn.  Don?t get me wrong, the car is just as fun and reliable as the first day; but life-stages require a more ?serious? vehicle and those long drives are just getting painful.  The car has passed so many tests and trials and is still kicking and screaming for me to get in and punch the pedal to the metal.  It is passed the point where the sentimental value is greater than the actual value of the vehicle and selling it would be pointless.  So I keep the car, it sits mostly.  And in a rather twisted, bizarre way; I then actively try to kill the car; missed oil changes, repairs that go neglected and general ?abuse? and neglect towards the vehicle.  And to my surprise, it takes it all in; and NEVER complains one bit.  Until one day, some major component breaks down; or most times, the car or thing simply wins and I end up scrapping it, parting it, or selling it for what it?s worth to some deserving person.  In the end, the car leaves an unique impression that is never really duplicated again.

The Desire is currently being put through the paces in the heavy use stage.  I get a lot of enjoyment out of the G-Nex with mostly work but the Desire is where the real fun is.  The thing is almost never asleep; it has tasks almost 24-hours a day, and the screen and speakers are almost always playing something.  Eventually, the Nexie will leave the tail end of its babying stage and be rooted and also put through the torturous stages of heavy use, but not yet.  The Desire still has a LOT of life to give, and I?m enjoying EVERY last drop of it.

htcdesirehed033020102.jpg

I?ve been meaning to write this all year; and I'm finally in a position where I?m confident enough to talk about it.  I wanted to follow up on the life hacker article yesterday about the cloud; and how this is the year where I finally made it all the way into the cloud.
http://lifehacker.com/5911022/what-cool-things-can-i-do-with-all-this-free-cloud-storage-space

A few people I know just use one or two cloud storage services for all of their needs; but like the article I like the idea of keeping things separate for different purposes.

Gmail/Calendar still for password storage, quick reminder notes, to-do and tasks lists

Evernote for quick and dirty grocery lists, notes to self and TI posts.

I like Dropbox for just work documents - I literally do not have any work documents on local storage at work; I can work from anywhere.

Google Drive for just personal documents..

Flickr for misc pictures  -

The wife likes Shutterfly for her pictures, mainly she can order prints and make photo/scrap books.

10+ gigs of pictures and videos on Picassa ? a good weekend project would be to upload the remaining 10+ gigs of pictures and videos of life before cloud storage to Picassa; another project would be to scan personal and extended family pictures to Picassa?

I have 16+ gigs of music and podcasts on Google Music

63+ gigs of movies up on Bitcasa ? I just finish this week; Bitcasa gives you unlimited storage and is free; they don?t have an Android app interface, but the web interface is just as good.  Movies stream just as if it is on local storage, on 4G of course.

Those of you with 3G iPhones won?t really understand this? do you remember the first cell phone call you have EVER made?  I do, I was in high school, on the weekend, in the car-driving around with some friends on the freeway.  My friend handed me his new Motorola brick phone, that cost $800.  I called my dad to tell him where we were going for the day, and a switch went on in my brain, connecting two things that never connected before; driving and talking on the phone.  The entire world literally opened up; I have the same feeling knowing EVERYTHING I care and hold dear follow me around wherever I go (in my pocket)? it?s a great feeling.

BTW... if you need a Bitcasa invite, please PM me... have a good Weekend...!

Screen+Shot+2011-12-02+at+12.44.40+PM.png

bitcasa-darkknight.jpg

Drive-capacity.png

Back