March Madness

[quote author="tenmagnet" date=1237336760]I?m getting an error when trying to join.

Here are my picks

Louisville, Memphis, Pitt and OK.

Memphis over OK</blockquote>

I have Memphis going all the way as well.

We have 7 people in so far. Come on everyone! You have to sign up before the tip-off of the opening game on Thursday, 2 days to go! Yes, we do need to talk about a friendly wager. It doesn't seem like most here appreciate bragging rights only. So what will it be?

[quote author="tmare" date=1237339411]We have 7 people in so far. Come on everyone! You have to sign up before the tip-off of the opening game on Thursday, 2 days to go! Yes, we do need to talk about a friendly wager. It doesn't seem like most here appreciate bragging rights only. So what will it be?</blockquote>

Rock on!! and by the way, thanks for setting this up tmare!!

Suggested prizes:

1st: A Bromantic Dinner for two with Vic at Panda Express

2nd: Coffee with Vic (He pays)

3rd: A night on the town with Prof

4th: Two nights on the town with Prof

Alright, I am in. I have Louisville going all the way. I love Memphis, and I have rooted for them for years, but they have always let me down and I am used to them choking. Maybe this year will be different, since I have them getting knocked off. Does anyone remember what year it was that they blew it on free throws about 4 years ago or so? Free throws!? I had a 90% plus free throw percentage in high school. You just can't miss free throws, free throws win games. Yeah... I'm a bitter Memphis'er.

[quote author="PeterUK" date=1237383828]Rock on!! and by the way, thanks for setting this up tmare!!

Suggested prizes:

1st: A Bromantic Dinner for two with Vic at Panda Express <strong>(Vic pays)</strong>

2nd: Coffee with Vic <strong>(He pays)</strong>

3rd: A night on the town with Prof <strong>(Vic pays)</strong>

4th: Two nights on the town with Prof <strong>(Skek pays unless he gets 4th, then Vic pays, but if Skek is paying... you go big, and $100 minimum on the bottle of the wine. Gotta spread the wealth IHB style.)</strong></blockquote>

I fixed it for you Petah.

Except... 4th sounds way better than 1st now, especially if Skek is paying. I think we need to swap 4th and 1st.

[quote author="skek" date=1237423289]OK, my proposal for a side bet: the winner gets to select an avatar (family-friendly) that the last place finisher has to use for, say, a week? What do you think? Who doesn't want to force graph or vic or ten to use a big "I HEART PANDA" avatar for a week?</blockquote>

But that would be like winning first prize for Vic...

:lol:

[quote author="skek" date=1237423289]OK, my proposal for a side bet: the winner gets to select an avatar (family-friendly) that the last place finisher has to use for, say, a week? What do you think? Who doesn't want to force graph or vic or ten to use a big "I HEART PANDA" avatar for a week?</blockquote>

I've got a better proposal for you, skek:

If your bracket outscores mine, I'll cover dinner for you and your S.O. at <strong><a href="http://www.scottsseafood.com/southcoast/home.html">Scott's</a></strong>.

If my bracket ends up on top, you have to field all of my messages from IPO, and his incessant snickering at price drop after price drop in Irvine, for a day.

In the event of a tie, winner will be decided Dance Dance Revolution-style at Dave & Buster's.

[quote author="24inIrvine" date=1237425560]We will be able to see once the tourny starts. Don't want people copying!

Who is Crookville ballaz?</blockquote>

That?s not me.

Wouldn?t let me use my normal/beloved handle so I entered under a different one.

Take a guess which one.

We have 10 participants now, 9 knowns and 1 unknown. All who have posted here are accounted for so I don't know who the extra person is. Anyone?

I think I'm gonna switch mine up just so half of us aren't all banking up on Memphis.

It could just be a lurker Tmare who will register himself after the Tourny :)

edit: nevermind, the unknown is BV I believe.

LOL...

If I win, WankerUK buys coffee for a year, and CrackerCakes changes his Avatar to I *heart* Panda. :p

[quote author="PeterUK" date=1237423787][quote author="skek" date=1237423289]OK, my proposal for a side bet: the winner gets to select an avatar (family-friendly) that the last place finisher has to use for, say, a week? What do you think? Who doesn't want to force graph or vic or ten to use a big "I HEART PANDA" avatar for a week?</blockquote>

But that would be like winning first prize for Vic...

:lol:</blockquote>

Back