March Madness

tmare_IHB

Anyone interested in a modified IHB March Madness just for fun contest? I love everything about this tournament and I'd like to hear some suggestions about how we might do some type of competition here over the next few weeks. I might be the only person who's that into it, so I'm just testing the waters here.

We have to decide quickly how to handle this (the play-in game is tomorrow). I was thinking about a round by round competition. Everyone chooses their first round picks (get a bracket or we post one, they are everywhere). We could skip the play in game for points. Point values would be the same as everyone's work pools (I'll post the point values if there's enough interest). After the first round we'll know how many points everyone has, then they choose the next round regardless of wins or losses in the first round. We need a few more people, anyone else up for it?

On the other hand, we could also have everyone PM or e-mail their bracket sheet to me and we'll do a traditional competition. I'll handle it from there and just post results while we discuss games. Again, anyone else? We have two.

[quote author="24inIrvine" date=1237292899]or just set up a league on say yahoo and you pick your bracket and they keep score for you

http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/</blockquote>

I'm not actually sophisticated enough for that, but I guess I'd figure it out if anyone else is in.

64 teams tournament, first team to win 6 games wins the tournament and national title for best college team in the country. Let me think of an example in cycling... nevermind :p

Count me in. As long as the rules state that no matter what happens, even if he wins... Vic still has to pay for coffee.

[quote author="vicstah" date=1237295334]64 teams tournament, first team to win 6 games wins the tournament and national title for best college team in the country. Let me think of an example in cycling... nevermind :p</blockquote>

Thanks for the explanation Vic...now is this Basketball or what?

I went to see something called Pc-10 at the Staples last Saturday, does that have anything to do with it? Oh, and I think USC won but I didn't stay til the end ....

[quote author="graphrix" date=1237301847]Count me in. As long as the rules state that no matter what happens, even if he wins... Vic still has to pay for coffee.</blockquote>

That's a given graph, plus, he has to take you to Panda Express for lunch if I win...Rumor has it that's his new fave Restaurant..

:coolsmile:

[quote author="PeterUK" date=1237305403][quote author="graphrix" date=1237301847]Count me in. As long as the rules state that no matter what happens, even if he wins... Vic still has to pay for coffee.</blockquote>

That's a given graph, plus, he has to take you to Panda Express for lunch if I win...Rumor has it that's his new fave Restaurant..

:coolsmile:</blockquote>

Rumor has it, you failed to get the .jpg of him at his favorite restaurant. Come on! I hear you have a great shot of the honk for a BJ balloon. I thought you Brits were more crafty than that. It should have been so easy.

I'll check yahoo fantasy sports when I get home from work today. I've never actually participated in one of those things so I won't know what I'm doing as far as setting it up, but I'll give it a shot and report back later this afternoon (unless someone wants to check it out today). In the meantime, everyone who wants to participate need to get their picks ready.

I set this up quickly, no time to do the rest, the password is Irvinehousingblog. Set up your brackets now I think it should work. I'll check back later. I entered my bracket this morning. Everyone else, do the same!

<a href="http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/group/149599">IHB fantasy march madness competition</a>

[quote author="tmare" date=1237323921]I set this up quickly, no time to do the rest, the password is Irvinehousingblog. Set up your brackets now I think it should work. I'll check back later. I entered my bracket this morning. Everyone else, do the same!

<a href="http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/group/149599">IHB fantasy march madness competition</a></blockquote>

A couple things:

1) Make sure you're logged into Yahoo! so you can get to the group

2) You will have to log into the group, use the group # for the ID (149599), and the password is irvinehousingblog

3) Create your brackets after that

LOL. You guys are great.

[quote author="graphrix" date=1237308526][quote author="PeterUK" date=1237305403][quote author="graphrix" date=1237301847]Count me in. As long as the rules state that no matter what happens, even if he wins... Vic still has to pay for coffee.</blockquote>

:coolsmile:</blockquote>

Rumor has it, you failed to get the .jpg of him at his favorite restaurant. Come on! I hear you have a great shot of the honk for a BJ balloon. I thought you Brits were more crafty than that. It should have been so easy.</blockquote>

Back