Looking for high end landscape/pool contractor

Compressed-Village said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
I have decided to engage Studio H as my landscape architect for my landscaping project.

Excellent. Price?

$13,275 based upon my budget of up to $175k.  That includes construction management (aka periodic progress inspections of the landscaper's work).

eyephone said:
Take that $13k and buy stocks in the down market.

I'm already invested in the market.  I haven't given my home the love that it's needed and I want to turn it into an inviting place for me and my guests.

USCTrojanCPA said:
eyephone said:

I'm already invested in the market.  I haven't given my home the love that it's needed and I want to turn it into an inviting place for me and my guests.

Can we have an update on how your project turned out? I'm considering landscaping options and am curious how your experience with Studio H was.

JadedOne said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
eyephone said:

Can we have an update on how your project turned out? I'm considering landscaping options and am curious how your experience with Studio H was.

Also curious about this as well!

Revisiting this thread.  Any thoughts on whether or not a 24 feet setback is enough to put in a pool?  I'm guessing it will be 10 feet wide which I'm not sure will feel cramped.  Yard size is 75 ft wide we can put in a 30+ feet easily.

scubasteve said:
Revisiting this thread.  Any thoughts on whether or not a 24 feet setback is enough to put in a pool?  I'm guessing it will be 10 feet wide which I'm not sure will feel cramped.  Yard size is 75 ft wide we can put in a 30+ feet easily.

It'll be tight, your pool will only be like 10-11 wide because you need at least a 3 foot setback from the back wall and you'll want enough space to entertain outside.  Moving my retaining wall back in my Tustin Ranch home would have given me 28.5 feet from the wall to the door and the pool would have been level with the retaining wall and I was looking at a 13 feet wide pool which would leave me 15 feet for entertaining. 

I think you'll be fine. The pool in Cetara plan 2 model I believe is about 12 ft wide, length is longer but its a decent sized pool. I think setback is about 26ft in that model as well so its def do able

scubasteve said:

Thanks for the info on the pool size from Cetara Plan2.

The thing with the plan 2 is it's 26 feet from the outdoor living but actually 40 feet from the house since you can use the outdoor living portion as a hangout area outside.

Hoping to see if a designer can make it look nice....

Attachments

• Cetara2.png
    Cetara2.png
    133.8 KB · Views: 85
scubasteve said:
Thanks for the info on the pool size from Cetara Plan2.

The thing with the plan 2 is it's 26 feet from the outdoor living but actually 40 feet from the house since you can use the outdoor living portion as a hangout area outside.

Hoping to see if a designer can make it look nice....

This pool is 16x30. There is 3 feet to the fence. The lot is 65 feet wide. Not sure how far from the patio it is. Maybe you can get an idea from the pool dimensions.

Attachments

• pool 1.jpg
    pool 1.jpg
    433.2 KB · Views: 116
  • pool 2.jpg
    pool 2.jpg
    416.8 KB · Views: 100
Back