List of Contractors and Vendors

Any recommendations on somebody who can refinish a wood garage door.  After 5 years of sun/rain, the paint is peeling off and the wood is warped on few corners.  Needs refinishing and repaint of the garage door wood panels.  Thanks in advance.

Any recommendation for appliance store that has good and careful installation team?  I ordered a dishwasher from home depot(it is the ONLY store that has the one I like that is available for delivery in 3 weeks!) but I believe they subcontract their installation to 3rd party company and I've heard all sorts of horror stories on how bad the installation team from home depot.  What I care the most is how careful they are during installation, ie, not scratching your cabinets or damage the wood floor when pulling in and out the dish washer, etc...  Any insight will be greatly appreciate!

Yup, I ordered washer dryer & dishwasher from Home Depot, and they've subcontracted it out to 2 guys that did such a terrible install I told them to take ALL the appliances back. I couldn't recoup the full cost for the damages they've caused either, because that got subcontracted out to some place else that kept insisting on lowballing the cost of repairs.

Lowe's apparently subcontract out as well, so what I ended up doing was separating the purchase from the installation. I bought the appliances from Lowes and asked the delivery guys to just place them in the garage. Then I used a company called Precision Appliance Installation to do the installs.  They're pretty careful though not as careful as I would prefer so you'll want to monitor and guide the process, but they're a hell lot better than the Home Depot subcontractors.

Oh, and I believe Lowes has a better appliance return policy than Home Depot. I recommend comparing just in case you need to return the appliances after the delivery for whatever reason

What I?ve learned with installation teams is to communicate your expectations on how the install is going to go. You can?t be concerned with how you think they will perceive you. If you have wood floors, how will they protect them, etc.

You can not just assume that they will be careful. If they fuck something up it is a pain to fix.

I've always had good experience with BestBuy both with a built in fridge and 2 pairs of washer dryer with second floor install.

Sherman said:
Yup, I ordered washer dryer & dishwasher from Home Depot, and they've subcontracted it out to 2 guys that did such a terrible install I told them to take ALL the appliances back. I couldn't recoup the full cost for the damages they've caused either, because that got subcontracted out to some place else that kept insisting on lowballing the cost of repairs.

Lowe's apparently subcontract out as well, so what I ended up doing was separating the purchase from the installation. I bought the appliances from Lowes and asked the delivery guys to just place them in the garage. Then I used a company called Precision Appliance Installation to do the installs.  They're pretty careful though not as careful as I would prefer so you'll want to monitor and guide the process, but they're a hell lot better than the Home Depot subcontractors.

Oh, and I believe Lowes has a better appliance return policy than Home Depot. I recommend comparing just in case you need to return the appliances after the delivery for whatever reason
Thanks for the insight.  That's a good suggestion.

I ended up cancelling the installation from Home Depot and only have them deliver to my place and hire this company Installation Pros(https://www.yelp.com/biz/installation-pros-rancho-cucamonga-4) for the installation.  They will come next week to install one day after the delivery.  There is a shortage on the particular dish washer from Bosch 800 series I am looking for so there isn't any appliance store that will deliver within reasonable time frame so i will keep the order but have it install with someone who has visible reviews on yelp.

curious george said:
Looking for recommendations for a window repair service, wasn't able to find one in the list.

If it's the glass, it should still be under warranty.  Look in between the panes near the corners for a printed manufacturer number.

It's not the glass, rather the window itself, one is very hard to close (bring it all the way down), the 2nd seems to be something off in the rail (again does not close all the way down).

looking to get some form of hot water recirculation in my place - at my shower it takes 4-5 minutes to get hot water, and I just can't honestly look at that as acceptable anymore.  I saw there were under sink options that could recirculate the water, any recommendation for someone do to the work?

Back