Let's Ball It Up!

SoCal78 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
  but all old like me.

How old are you? I'm guessing late 40's, early 50's.

If you won't state your exact age, give us a range within 5 years.

Are you:

A) 30-35
B) 35-40
C) 40-45
D) 45-50
E) 50-55
F) 55+

I know you are not so ancient that you're having trouble reading this. So, I expect you to make a selection.

More like Z - Prehistoric..... OoOoO BURN!!!!

irvinehomeowner said:
I don't think Target carries IHO-sized shorts... which is why I go to Sport Authority.

And like 26inIrvine says... the $25 off $100 coupon that sometimes comes out is very handy... that's when I buy 2 pairs of shoes from SA.

@Homer: No money here... you're the one hitting 3s from beyond NBA distance. You'll never get a "free" shot from me again :) .

I may not be able to play this Saturday, but if I can, there is a covered court we play at when it rains... you guys will like it... pure FCB ballers there... but all old like me.

Where is this covered court you speak of?  :-\

26inirvine said:
WoodburyDad said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Sports Authority... their Champion brand shorts are usually on sale or clearance and www.shoptheirvinecompany.com has a mobile coupon for $10 off of $50.

Do you know if the coupon can be used for other apparel?
Dick?s had a similar coupon but would not honor it for Under Armour workout gear.
It was only good for selected items and brands
  I have used Sports Authority multiple times, never had a problem when I brought things that were on the fine print.  They even let me do 2 consecutive orders back to back of $100 each so that I could use 25 off two times (I brought two coupons, so not sure if that mattered).

I don't really shop at Dick's cause i like Sports Authority better overall, but I did use them about a month ago when they had compression shorts 25% off.  I was a little nervous cause the $10 off coupon on them said can't be used for Nike Pro Combat, but they let it run through.  I think it varies from store to store how strict they are.

The only reason I go to Dick?s is because they seem to carry more and have a better selection of Under Armour than Sports Authority.

homer_simpson said:
More like Z - Prehistoric..... OoOoO BURN!!!!
Just because you look like you're still in high school.... ZING!!!

I'll PM the covered court info to you guys... some places I don't want to get too crowded... and now I'm really scared that SoCal has converted into trace's stalker mode. :D

irvinehomeowner said:
WoodburyDad said:
Do you know if the coupon can be used for other apparel?
Dick?s had a similar coupon but would not honor it for Under Armour workout gear.
It was only good for selected items and brands
As far as I know... there are no exclusions... the fine print reads:
No cash value. No cash back. No rain checks. Coupon not valid on prior, online or S.A. Elite Sports Authority purchases, gift cards, licenses or event tickets. Offer good on in-stock merchandise only. Must present coupon at time of purchase to redeem. Cannot be combined with any other offer, Cash Card, coupon or Employee or Friends & Family discount. Coupon may not be reproduced. One coupon per customer, per purchase. Certain exclusions apply. Valid at The Market Place location only.
Here's the link to it:
http://www.shoptheirvinecompany.com/coupons/getcoupon.aspx?ids=6380

If you bring it up in a phone browser, they will accept it (TIC embraces technology... if not driveways and 3-car garages)... I've done it at least 4 times.

Thanks for the coupon, IHO!  Now I'm going shopping! ;D

I vote that SoCal78 joins us for one of the TI-basketball games (3-on-3?).  She can do pilates afterwards.  :D
Anyone second that???

Baller4Life said:
I vote that SoCal78 joins us for one of the TI-basketball games (3-on-3?).  She can do pilates afterwards.  :D
Anyone second that???
The pilates or the basketball?

The pilates looks much harder... I can barely bend any of my joints.

SoCal78 said:
26inirvine said:
they had compression shorts 25% off.

What are compression shorts? Is that like Spanx for men? I didn't think you all cared about having a sleek silhouette.

Makes playing sports feel much more comfortable and consistent.

163413206_2b53824632.jpg

Its those without the pads.

Hey guys, looks like we're gonna have to set it to Venado Middle School for this rainy weekend :( for whoever wants to ball it up...

homer_simpson said:
LA Fitness :)

LA Fitness in Woodbury works well for me.
We can get a lift in before playing.
Although the court is busy on Saturday mornings, probably more so if the weather?s bad. 

irvinehomeowner said:
Real ballers don't need gym memberships!  :p

It's all about cement/blacktop and the outdoor elements!
ditto! but hey guys, do you think LA Fitness will allow guests into the gym?  i currently don't have a membership anywhere.... ???

oh I wouldn't be going to the LA fitness, don't have a pass.  Just the 24 hour fitness right down the street from Venado to work out.  They don't have a bball court at that 24 hour and the one at the marketplace is closed for some Group X mumbo-jumbo

And I can't speak for LA fitness, but 24 hour fitness usually has like a week long guest pass.  But you still have to spend 30 minutes or so talking to the sales person, filling out forms and liability stuff, and take the tour.

Back