Land SE of PS/Altair (Modified: Environmental Concerns Broadly)

eyephone said:
A lot of mud slinging and I?m not involved? :)

Where have you been, man?

But there wasn't mud (yet). Maybe from that YF guy, I mean mountaineer.

Again, Mety: same childish behavior. Try to discredit WHOEVER disagrees with your unrivaled views on these forums by portraying me as an "agent of 5P". The mentality you're using is like extremist forums elsewhere on the web. If god forbid someone tries to shed light on how "skewed" some of the members' "views" are here, and if god forbid they have a point that's valid and there remains no defense, try to label them as "agents" or "reps".

I'm a normal human being, have ABSOLUTELY no connection to any housing company, work an 8-5 service job in healthcare, and could care less what you write about who I am.

It took 5 posts over 24 hours to get you all to say "value village" is the wrong term here when you're talking about 1+ million dollar homes. That summarizes my entire point. Your views are exaggerated and skewed and serve NO PURPOSE that's doing anyone any favors. It is merely amusing to you, and you obviously repeat it because it's amusing. Keep on being amused.

mountaineer said:
Again, Mety: same childish behavior. Try to discredit WHOEVER disagrees with your unrivaled views on these forums by portraying me as an "agent of 5P". The mentality you're using is like extremist forums elsewhere on the web. If god forbid someone tries to shed light on how "skewed" some of the members' "views" are here, and if god forbid they have a point that's valid and there remains no defense, try to label them as "agents" or "reps".

I'm a normal human being, have ABSOLUTELY no connection to any housing company, work an 8-5 service job in healthcare, and could care less what you write about who I am.

It took 5 posts over 24 hours to get you all to say "value village" is the wrong term here when you're talking about 1+ million dollar homes. That summarizes my entire point. Your views are exaggerated and skewed and serve NO PURPOSE that's doing anyone any favors. It is merely amusing to you, and you obviously repeat it because it's amusing. Keep on being amused.

OK. Then any reason why you're attacking OH, EW, NP, LA, and all those TIC villages specifically? Any negatives on PS or GP you want to share in the same amount of negativity you did on those other villages? And when did ever I talk crap on PS? I don't think I ever did. Maybe it's you who took it that way.

Thanks for clarifying you're not from 5P. I believe you're a normal human being with 8-5 healthcare job. You certainly revealed a lot about you with these 5 posts and spending inordinate amount of time here also. Welcome aboard.

Yeah again, the childish mentality at play here.

Now attack the messenger who defied your logic.

I think ALL OF IRVINE is a phenomenal place to live. Remember how I wrote how fortunate we all are to live here, anywhere, for the reasons I cited.

Each village has its deficiencies. To pile up on PS for no clear reason other than to amuse yourself is the issue here. One by one, your reasons (which are clearly repeated again and again in your posts in this thread) are invalid when you try to apply the same reasoning to the other villages.

The SKEWED views projected here are the issue. There is gang mentality here against some villages, and for some villages, and it is repeated over and over again. "The only hazard would be the toll road in PS". Like literally, did the poster think before typing that up? Or does someone truly have to write out the distance from each "premium" village to MAJOR highways and BLVDs in Irvine, in order for you to back off and concede maybe it was an exaggeration.

That's the point. Not to bash other villages. They're all great. The whole damn place is a paradise. An expensive one but paradise. All sorts of sacrifices go into living in Irvine. I can clearly think of MUCH better things to do with 1.5 million dollars than to pay for a house in Irvine. Some of us are not fed by a silver spoon. Some of us work hard for the opportunity to live here. And to amuse yourself by spreading falseness regarding one neighborhood, you're not doing anyone a favor.

This gang mentality in these forums is the issue. I hope you'll find another hobby. And don't compare myself to you or your forum peers. I have like 6 posts to my name. You all have 1000-10,000 posts to your name. Clearly, there is a distinction here.

mountaineer said:
Yeah again, the childish mentality at play here.

Now attack the messenger who defied your logic.

I think ALL OF IRVINE is a phenomenal place to live. Remember how I wrote how fortunate we all are to live here, anywhere, for the reasons I cited.

Each village has its deficiencies. To pile up on PS for no clear reason other than to amuse yourself is the issue here. One by one, your reasons (which are clearly repeated again and again in your posts in this thread) are invalid when you try to apply the same reasoning to the other villages.

The SKEWED views projected here are the issue. There is gang mentality here against some villages, and for some villages, and it is repeated over and over again. "The only hazard would be the toll road in PS". Like literally, did the poster think before typing that up? Or does someone truly have to write out the distance from each "premium" village to MAJOR highways and BLVDs in Irvine, in order for you to back off and concede maybe you were exaggerating.

That's the point. Not to bash other villages. They're all great. The whole damn place is a paradise. An expensive one but paradise.

This gang mentality in these forums is the issue.

Who wrote "The only hazard would be the toll road in PS"?

I didn't write that, but even if anyone did, I don't see it as an "attack" or "damage" to the village. But that's me. You're different. So I can't do anything about it.

You keep saying I'm childish. Maybe I am and sorry if that bothers you. Maybe I am much younger than you? LOL

Anyways, I think PS is a great place to buy (as I've been saying that even though mountaineer says I kept attacking PS or some sort) and I apologize if I did anything to bring the housing value. I still think 3,4-story condos are not great buys.

Hope you're not mad anymore, mountaineer.

mountaineer said:
This gang mentality in these forums is the issue. I hope you'll find another hobby. And don't compare myself to you or your forum peers. I have like 6 posts to my name. You all have 1000-10,000 posts to your name. Clearly, there is a distinction here.

What about someone who has 1000-10,000 "x" or "." as his posts? Do you think he's spending inordinate time here?

Not mad. I'm in my 30s.

My post is not meant to be toward you, but the people that like to bash PS in general. Criticizing for a good reason is completely acceptable. To create fear of "health hazard" that you simply cannot prove or disprove if you're the prospective buyer, completely destroys a neighborhood for these buyers and creates a lot of anxiety, where in reality, these "hazards" are unfounded and if true, pale in comparison to choices we make on a daily basis with our food consumption, obesity, sedentary lifestyle, smoking, etc.

I think some of that value village moniker was given to PS due in part to TIC's treatment of it.  Delayed schools.  Massive changes in the master plan.  Broken promises.  The PS of today is very different than the PS of 10 years ago, but sometimes memories outlast the changes.

Mety said:
mountaineer said:

What about someone who has 1000-10,000 "x" or "." as his posts? Do you think he's spending inordinate time here?

All I got to say. If feelings get hurt, go cry to mommy.
It?s not my fault that many people say the same thing.  ;)

While someone might think PS's been receiving some unfair amount of hatred or false rumors, I think all Irvine villages have been receiving some kind of negativity throughout history. Starting from the infamous TCE toxic plume to the asphalt odor, countless poisonous information about the city have been posted and shared. Are those all really "hazardous" in our lives? We can't prove it. The pesticides from QH was accused of causing brain cancer to children so the usage was stopped in that area. But was it really the pesticides that brought such horrible issues there? We can't know 100%. We can only assume and try to improve day by day. We know smoking causes lung cancer and other side affects, but not every smoker gets such illnesses. Some heavy smokers are very healthy until they pass away.

However, I don't think knowing what's in the area hurts especially if you're planning to buy a home, paying your hard earned money. Freeways, a landfill, a concert arena, an asphalt factory, power lines and etc. are all things we need to check and know before buying a property. Some people live very healthy with freeways right next to their homes and some people die early even if they did all those healthy exercises and activities. Knowing about the asphalt and roundup pesticide discussions were the reason the newly joined TI member, mountaineer decided not to buy in OH. Such knowledge help us to make the big decision. Finding out about them after you buy would be far worse anyways.

There is no perfect place on this earth and Irvine is far from perfect. Even with all these fearful rumors, Irvine has been outperforming other cities in terms of ROI and the living experiences. While I think bashing on other villages is something we should be careful to speak of, I believe sharing and knowing what's around are something we should keep doing so here. I personally have learned much information on this forum and helped me decide to buy a home we live in.

In other words - PS is a great place to live. Go buy there if you found a home you love. (No, I don't live in PS)

Mety said:
While someone might think PS's been receiving some unfair amount of hatred or false rumors, I think all Irvine villages have been receiving some kind of negativity throughout history. Starting from the infamous TCE toxic plume to the asphalt odor, countless poisonous information about the city have been posted and shared. Are those all really "hazardous" in our lives? We can't prove it. The pesticides from QH was accused of causing brain cancer to children so the usage was stopped in that area. But was it really the pesticides that brought such horrible issues there? We can't know 100%. We can only assume and try to improve day by day. We know smoking causes lung cancer and other side affects, but not every smoker gets such illnesses. Some heavy smokers are very healthy until they pass away.

However, I don't think knowing what's in the area hurts especially if you're planning to buy a home, paying your hard earned money. Freeways, a landfill, a concert arena, an asphalt factory, power lines and etc. are all things we need to check and know before buying a property. Some people live very healthy with freeways right next to their homes and some people die early even if they did all those healthy exercises and activities. Knowing about the asphalt and roundup pesticide discussions were the reason the newly joined TI member, mountaineer decided not to buy in OH. Such knowledge help us to make the big decision. Finding out about them after you buy would be far worse anyways.

There is no perfect place on this earth and Irvine is far from perfect. Even with all these fearful rumors, Irvine has been outperforming other cities in terms of ROI and the living experiences. While I think bashing on other villages is something we should be careful to speak of, I believe sharing and knowing what's around are something we should keep doing so here. I personally have learned much information on this forum and helped me decide to buy a home we live in.

In other words - PS is a great place to live. Go buy there if you found a home you love.

In other words, PS is nice, but not doesn?t pass your checklist. I think that?s fair to say.

eyephone said:
Mety said:

In other words - PS is a great place to live. Go buy there if you found a home you love.

In other words, PS is nice, but not doesn?t pass your checklist. I think that?s fair to say.

Thus I added "(No, I don't live in PS)." But it wasn't because of the toll roads or the landfill. We just couldn't find the floor plan we liked at our budget.

Yes. Good to be wholesome and fair when talking about these "hazards" and not to pile it all up against PS or other certain neighborhood in the future, when the same "hazards" apply to other villages, even more significantly. As I mentioned, landfill is an issue for most of northeast Irvine. Freeways, that's an issue for the entire SoCal. Or if the area is NOT near a freeway, then you have another "issue" on your hand with it being "far from all freeways". It's an art to try to be fair, and just because you decided against PS, does not mean it should be bashed to oblivion.

It takes ONE TWEET to scare a whole nation of a certain ethnicity. Repeated posts about PS's "hazards" certainly scare away a lot of people. Who would want brain cancer for their child? And how can you possibly recover from such perceived notion on a neighborhood if you're a prospective buyer? I would have bought in OH had it been more fairly valued, and had an actual floorplan that had decent sized rooms not the size of closets at our price range (below 1.3) as I saw its shortcomings nothing short of PS or EW or GP, in different ways for each. Each of us have an equation to solve and it's hard as it is, we don't need unfounded "hazards" to add to the equation when the same hazards apply to all villages one way or another.

Just because a person here didn't happen to buy in any certain neighborhood, it does not give them the right to CREATE a sense of unfounded HEALTH HAZARDS for other villages based on non-factual claims. I'm glad for people pointing out the potential issues for each neighborhood, so we're all aware of what we're getting into. So for that, thank you!

IMHO, if TIC builds a Portola Springs Town Center, PS home prices will go skyrocket high. But I think they're doing some political play with GP so that 5P will build one. >:D

Back