Lambert Ranch in Irvine

Kind of raises an interesting question:  Would buying back the bonds on near future TIC devs, in lieu of dropping the price as much, continue the charade of "irvine doesn't go down (or at least not as much)"?

A friend of mine registered for Lambert Ranch.  She asked the sale manager what the HOA will be for LB and was told that it is $298/month.  She was pretty sure on buying a house at LB until she heard about the high HOA.  I think for Irvine SFR, beside Quail Hill and Turtle Ridge, there isn't any community with such high HOA, especially in North Irvine.  As nice as North Park is, with 5 pools, 3 guarded gate entries, 3 tennis courts, nightly security patrols, pocket parks, etc, it's only around $160/month for HOA.  Granted LB has only 169 residences compare to the higher density of NP, but given the remote location, I think the HOA is too high. 

What do all think about this HOA fee at LB?  Is it high or just right?  What level of amenity would justify $300/month HOA?

trip said:
A friend of mine registered for Lambert Ranch.  She asked the sale manager what the HOA will be for LB and was told that it is $298/month.  She was pretty sure on buying a house at LB until she heard about the high HOA.  I think for Irvine SFR, beside Quail Hill and Turtle Ridge, there isn't any community with such high HOA, especially in North Irvine.  As nice as North Park is, with 5 pools, 3 guarded gate entries, 3 tennis courts, nightly security patrols, pocket parks, etc, it's only around $160/month for HOA.  Granted LB has only 169 residences compare to the higher density of NP, but given the remote location, I think the HOA is too high. 

What do all think about this HOA fee at LB?  Is it high or just right?  What level of amenity would justify $300/month HOA?
That $300 is a total of two HOAs...the main Portola HOA of about $140/mo plus the LBR HOA of about $160/mo. 

Not bringing my suitcase to LB due to all the campfires in the area.  Probably out of my price range anyways.  Does the $300/month include maid service?  Or rainy day fund due to Indian burial ground/Poltergeist activity?  Or a strict no escaped prisoners allowed on said property HOA rule?  Or future funding for medical bills due to amplified contamination combo of 133/landfill?  I'll probably show up for the opening ceremonies, but in the end will think this is the boonies at the left turn lane at Sand Canyon heading into Irvine proper.

Thanks IHS

I'll hold off judgement until I see the design and what the price will be.  Looking on the map, Lambert Ranch is more Foothill Ranch than Irvine.  Maybe potential buyers should look at moving East for about 2 miles, pay to use the toll road to get to Irvine, and save tons of money.

Reactions: rkp
USCTrojanCPA said:
trip said:

That $300 is a total of two HOAs...the main Portola HOA of about $140/mo plus the LBR HOA of about $160/mo. 

That would be very interesting if true. But why would TIC allow Lambert Ranch to join the master HOA for their competing village?

By comparison for pricing if you look at the Trailwood homes in the NWPointe guard gated area--they pay $135 (pays for guard gates, pool, tot lot) + $40 (master hoa).

homer_simpson said:
WoodburyDad said:
Anyone going to the Lambert Ranch private preview event they?re holding on March 24th & 25th?

I have a feeling my wife and I are going...  ???

Exactly.
My wife will probably want to list the house after the tour  :-*
Not sure which time or date yet, because they?ve specified no children allowed onsite.
If we do the early one, we can head over to Genghis Khan after for lunch.

WoodburyDad said:
homer_simpson said:
WoodburyDad said:
Anyone going to the Lambert Ranch private preview event they?re holding on March 24th & 25th?

I have a feeling my wife and I are going...  ???

Exactly.
My wife will probably want to list the house after the tour  :-*
Not sure which time or date yet, because they?ve specified no children allowed onsite.
If we do the early one, we can head over to Genghis Khan after for lunch.

I like the way you think!!! ;)

No kids allowed?  What, they're going to serve alcohol?  You have to sign up on the list for the preview?  Did you guys have to get pre approved? 

WoodburyDad said:

I will be there to register clients who had already expressed interest.
I'll be the only sap in a tie. Say hello if you get a chance.

-IR2

IrvineRealtor said:
WoodburyDad said:

I will be there to register clients who had already expressed interest.
I'll be the only sap in a tie. Say hello if you get a chance.

-IR2

I guess we'll be the only ones dressed up  ;)

Back