Lambert Ranch in Irvine

What is there to fall in love with ??????????? The land plan is less than mediocre, no view, no breeze, and no way.
Are you seeing something that we all don't we?
Are you Test's twin?
socalquest said:
Patrick J. Star said:
The Motor Court Company said:
SocalQuest and Test both have their agendas..one is promoting Laguna Altruism and the other is promoting Tustin "I cannot eat the fruits grown in my backyard" Legacy.

SoCalQuest never responded to my request for a truth or dare yesterday (and the post deletion fairy has since struck) --- But my truth question was:

"Are you a robot under the control of the Laguna Altura sales team"?

I am NOT a robot for TIC. I am a serious potential buyer for a Cortona home, although hesitant to put a deposit on one now because of the freeway location and the fact that there are so many available lots still unsold. I am in love with the community though.

socalquest said:
I am NOT a robot for TIC. I am a serious potential buyer for a Cortona home, although hesitant to put a deposit on one now because of the freeway location and the fact that there are so many available lots still unsold. I am in love with the community though.
I thought the FCBs bought up all the unsold lots in Cortona.

If The New Home Company is smart... they'll start putting ????? all over their website to build that SEO.

irvinehomeowner said:
socalquest said:
I thought the FCBs bought up all the unsold lots in Cortona.

The FCB may have bought some of the Cortona homes currently being built on Modena Road, but all the unsold lots, VERY unlikely!

If you take a look at the pix posted on Facebook below, you'll see that the wood used to support the 2nd floor is not solid wood.  It's comprised of particle board like material.  10 years ago, builders were still using a solid piece of wood for floor support.  I wonder if this new material compromises the structural strength of the 2nd floor.  I'm sure it was tested and all, but it doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling knowing particle board is supporting the entire weight of the floor.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=262898807100734&set=pu.222002141190401&type=1&theater

let's not scare everyone away, now...    for as much as socal loves laguna altura, there are 3x the number of people who will trash the place.  last i checked this is not a trash tic forum, but a place to talk about irvine real estate...  sure, they offer no value proposition, recycle plans, shrink home sizes and will lead to the overcrowding of irvine, but what's not to like?

i forgot to mention... there's another forum if you want to trash irvine..  ocr...  and it's interesting... i feel a presence from ocr among us...

Only idiots go into car dealership telling the sale man how wonderful the car in the showroom is and he just had to have one....

trip said:
If you take a look at the pix posted on Facebook below, you'll see that the wood used to support the 2nd floor is not solid wood.  It's comprised of particle board like material.  10 years ago, builders were still using a solid piece of wood for floor support.  I wonder if this new material compromises the structural strength of the 2nd floor.  I'm sure it was tested and all, but it doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling knowing particle board is supporting the entire weight of the floor.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=262898807100734&set=pu.222002141190401&type=1&theater

i am more interested in how all these people got to take a special tour of the site...i guess these are all the first phase buyers who get dibs on choice lots...

trip said:

I thought this web article was helpful regarding your concerns for engineered wood i-joints:http://www.oneprojectcloser.com/floor-joists-solid-lumber-i-joists-and-open-web-floor-trusses/

"Joists are horizontal supports that span from wall to wall, wall to beam, or beam to beam. Several popular options include solid lumber, LVL, wood I-beams, steel joists and open web floor trusses. Let?s examine three of these materials.

Solid Lumber Joists

Traditional solid lumber joists are still very common. They were the default for some time, but in the early ?90s builders started using engineered products more and more. Initial costs for solid lumber joists are (usually) cheaper than engineered solutions but this benefit is cancelled out by the costs associated with limited span distances and increased framing members.

Span distances depend on several factors including wood species, board size, spacing and acceptable deflection. If you?d like to learn more, try out this handy calculator that lets you enter all the necessary details.

From an environmental perspective, solid lumber joists are expensive. These joists are contiguous boards created from old growth trees- a supply which is quickly being exhausted. Using younger trees often results in warped or bowed wood.

One major advantage is that solid sawn joists will last longer during a fire. This is important when you or a fireman is depending on them to hold weight.

spray-foam-does-not-need-a-vapor-barrier.jpg

Sistered solid wood joists

I-Beam Joists

Wood I-joists (sometimes called TJI?s) resemble steel I-beams. They are composed of a top and bottom flange (usually a 2?4) with a piece of plywood or OSB fixed perpendicular in between.

The biggest benefit I-joists bring are the long span distances you can achieve. A TJI 16? deep and spaced 16? o.c. can span about 26 feet! The second biggest perk is how little I-joists flex, and if you?ve ever installed ceramic tile, you know how important that can be. They also have a higher load carrying capacity than comparable solid joists, and the materials used result in less twisting, shrinking or bowing. If you see a home with an open layout, odds are the builders used TJI?s.

It?s important to follow manufacturers guidelines when notching or cutting a hole for things like utilities. Cut-outs should have rounded corners to reduce stress and should only be done in the plywood or OSB. Many I-joists are pre-scored or have knockouts to make things easier.

The only downside I can see to TJI?s is that plywood and OSB can pose a small health concern because of off-gassing from the adhesive, and this doesn?t bother me at all. Lots of household products can fall into this category like radon produced by granite countertops. I?m no expert, but I seriously doubt that eliminating I-joists will improve indoor air quality very much.

NailingTJI.jpg

Open Web Floor Trusses

Open web floor trusses are constructed with 2 x 4?s on top and bottom with a sort of ?web? in between secured with metal plates. The open space is ideal for running wires, pipes and utilities. I have these in my home, and I use the space for extra storage as you can see in the picture.

These trusses are generally ordered ahead of time and cannot be modified on site (although modifiable trusses do exist). Web trusses are manufactured to eliminate twisting, shrinking, or bowing. They also utilizes less wood than solid joists. Score one for the environment.

The only reason I like TJI?s more is that web trusses will flex more, and I?ve really come to value a floor with limited deflexion."
img_5773.JPG

TJI joist is cheap and reliable. it is dimensionally stable and won't warp, twist or cup like lumber. The number one reason for squeaky floor is due to warp floor joist. Lumbers are harvested from premature trees. Old growth lumbers are very expensive and hard to find.

Has the conclusion already been made that irvinehomeshopper is not BK?????? I really feel this has to be BK.

irvinehomeshopper said:
TJI joist is cheap and reliable. it is dimensionally stable and won't warp, twist or cup like lumber. The number one reason for squeaky floor is due to warp floor joist. Lumbers are harvested from premature trees. Old growth lumbers are very expensive and hard to find.

test said:
No mello roos

"Aliso Viejo-based The New Home Co, says there will be no Mello Roos taxes ? common for many new home communities ? at their new 169-home project at Lambert Ranch in north Irvine."
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/taxes-341380-roos-mello.html

Wow, now that's what I'm talking about! This is how you should sell new homes in Irvine. Thank you New Home for stepping up your game. Now let's see the prices and floor plans.

Anyone else think TIC or 5 Points Developers will match it? I am doubtful.

iacrenter said:
test said:
No mello roos

"Aliso Viejo-based The New Home Co, says there will be no Mello Roos taxes ? common for many new home communities ? at their new 169-home project at Lambert Ranch in north Irvine."
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/taxes-341380-roos-mello.html

Wow, now that's what I'm talking about! This is how you should sell new homes in Irvine. Thank you New Home for stepping up your game. Now let's see the prices and floor plans.

Anyone else think TIC or 5 Points Developers will match it? I am doubtful.

I think it's too small a development to have any major effect.  If the Great Park builder(s) were able to do it, that might stir things up.  TIC isn't going to let some 169-home development next door stop them from fleecing the consumer in every way possible.

The New Home Company will kick TIC's behind with product innovation. The price point will be much higher than TICs cheap boxes. TIC's business model will not be affected by Lambert Ranch at all. Unless a builder decides to compete in the entry level arena otherwise TIC will continue to pump out sardines but with a driveway to mask the fishy smell out of the cans.

Since the builder paid off the 30 years of MR bonds I got to think the sales price will be increased to compensate the expenditure. My guess is around $345/ sf for a better spec level houses and the extra land that come with the home. Anything higher than that will challenge absorption and TNHC will not take the risk absorbing the carrying cost of the land unless the Lambert family is a partner in the deal.

Overcoming the environmental negatives is the key. The guard gate is a very good idea to deter a felon escapee when other PS homes are near by for hiding in the garage just like the last felon found hiding in a Lake Forest garage.

Back