Lambert Ranch in Irvine

If a portion of the MR is factored in the selling price then you can deduct that for tax benefit where as MR and HOA are money down the toilet.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Props to the New Home Company doing something unexpected like this.  It'll be interesting how much they increase the prices of the home, but if they keep it to less than $50k it'll be a win for the potential home buyers.

irvinehomeshopper said:
If a portion of the MR is factored in the selling price then you can deduct that for tax benefit where as MR and HOA are money down the toilet.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Props to the New Home Company doing something unexpected like this.  It'll be interesting how much they increase the prices of the home, but if they keep it to less than $50k it'll be a win for the potential home buyers.
Very good point, I'm very curious to see the pricing.  Any inside info that you'd like to share around the campfire?  ;)

socalquest said:
Terran said:
You still have the same negatives as the rest of PS, being close proximity to an active land fill, jail, toll road and wild fires.  So on top of this you're paying millions? Why would anybody buy these homes when they can spend the same money at QH and TR?

Only a stupid person would buy near a Landfill. Hey honey, i love the smell of garbage while having BBQ!
So all those people that bought over in Newport Coast which is even closer to a landfill than Portola Springs are stupid too?

Of the three communities referenced in the article, homes range from 2,730 to 4,876 square feet.
I?m curious about the pricing as well particularly for the larger ones in the ?Grove? section.

Laguna Altura has serious competition now! With NO Mello Roos at Lambert Ranch, prospective single family home buyers at Laguna Altura should think twice about buying there and living off freeways!

Now what are the chances TIC getting rid of Mello Roos at Laguna Altura as a selling point?

I don't get what all the talk about landfill smell is about. I lived on the corner of Portola Pkwy & Portola Springs Rd. for 3 years and never noticed a thing. Maybe it's only the residents on the north side of Portola Parkway that detect something - I don't know but I don't see how it could make that much of a difference if the smell is obvious. I've been out there at all times of the day and have a sensitive nose. I'd be the first to complain - but... nothing.

socalquest said:
Laguna Altura has serious competition now! With NO Mello Roos at Lambert Ranch, prospective single family home buyers at Laguna Altura should think twice about buying there and living off freeways!

Now what are the chances TIC getting rid of Mello Roos at Laguna Altura as a selling point?

i dont think TIC will abandon MR. It is just too profitable.  The new home company is clearly going to make a profit without charging MR and at comparable sales price to TIC, which just goes to show you how much $ucking money TIC makes off each of these houses, this is something we all speculated but now is confirmed.  TIC will just shut it down and stop building until Lambert ranch sells out and they become the only game in town again.

SoCal78 said:
I don't get what all the talk about landfill smell is about. I lived on the corner of Portola Pkwy & Portola Springs Rd. for 3 years and never noticed a thing. Maybe it's only the residents on the north side of Portola Parkway that detect something - I don't know but I don't see how it could make that much of a difference if the smell is obvious. I've been out there at all times of the day and have a sensitive nose. I'd be the first to complain - but... nothing.

that is because SocalQuest/Test is just trolling - ive been to PS plenty of times and not once have i smelled the landfill.  Just like Trojan said, newport coast (or whatever its called) is actually built on a landfill.

qwerty said:
SoCal78 said:

that is because SocalQuest/Test is just trolling - ive been to PS plenty of times and not once have i smelled the landfill.  Just like Trojan said, newport coast (or whatever its called) is actually built on a landfill.

SocalQuest and Test both have their agendas..one is promoting Laguna Altruism and the other is promoting Tustin "I cannot eat the fruits grown in my backyard" Legacy.

Stonegate is 2 miles away from the landfill; Northwood Pointe is 3 miles away, same distance as Woodbury.

I swore not to spill the beans.

USCTrojanCPA said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

USCTrojanCPA said:
Very good point, I'm very curious to see the pricing.  Any inside info that you'd like to share around the campfire?  ;)

The Motor Court Company said:
qwerty said:
SoCal78 said:

SocalQuest and Test both have their agendas..one is promoting Laguna Altruism and the other is promoting Tustin "I cannot eat the fruits grown in my backyard" Legacy.

Stonegate is 2 miles away from the landfill; Northwood Pointe is 3 miles away, same distance as Woodbury.
http://articles.latimes.com/1998/dec/02/local/me-49841

I'm not sure any homes are actually built on TOP of the landfill though. 

But really, does the existence of a closed landfill near million dollar homes in one area legitimize living near a larger, active landfill for less money?? 

The difference between a closed landfill and an active landfill is huge. A closed landfill meant no trucks and no daily reminder that you are living in Mumbai. A closed landfill meant the location is buried by TIC's magical trees where as an active landfill TIC can't do anything about it. The smell will be there until 2050. The Newport Coast landfill now only has to deal with internal methane gas combustion and localized land settlement due to trash decomposition and gravity compaction.

USCTrojanCPA said:
socalquest said:
Terran said:
You still have the same negatives as the rest of PS, being close proximity to an active land fill, jail, toll road and wild fires.  So on top of this you're paying millions? Why would anybody buy these homes when they can spend the same money at QH and TR?

Only a stupid person would buy near a Landfill. Hey honey, i love the smell of garbage while having BBQ!
So all those people that bought over in Newport Coast which is even closer to a landfill than Portola Springs are stupid too?

qwerty said:
SoCal78 said:

I think the side effect at Northwood makes the middle age women horny.

Not sure if this true, but older landfills were less regulated and may actually have more adverse heath effects.

irvinehomeshopper said:
The difference between a closed landfill and an active landfill is huge. A closed landfill meant no trucks and no daily reminder that you are living in Mumbai. A closed landfill meant the location is buried by TIC's magical trees where as an active landfill TIC can't do anything about it. The smell will be there until 2050. The Newport Coast landfill now only has to deal with internal methane gas combustion and localized land settlement due to trash decomposition and gravity compaction.

USCTrojanCPA said:
socalquest said:
Terran said:

irvinehomeshopper said:

USCTrojanCPA said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

USCTrojanCPA said:

what do you do that gives you this inside info? 

Stereotypist, indie butt kisser and TMZ Invine.

rkp said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

USCTrojanCPA said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

USCTrojanCPA said:

what do you do that gives you this inside info? 

Some gas particles are odorless. that's why I found it funny for people who live close to freeways, to come out and say they cannot hear the road noise so everything must be OK. Study (with scientific instruments) shows that you may have to be 1.5 miles away to be safe. Same thing can be applied to landfill emissions.

Landfill can also pollute ground water. But I assume Irvine Ranch Water District is monitoring the water supply and there must be some checks near the landfill...

SoCal78 said:

Some gas particles are odorless. that's why I found it funny for people who live close to freeways, to come out and say they cannot hear the road noise so everything must be OK. Study (with scientific instruments) shows that you may have to be 1.5 miles away to be safe. Same thing can be applied to landfill emissions.
SoCal78 said:

Ah, I see.  So the plan is for the trolls on the board to yap on and on about "the smell" in Portola Springs until enough people point out that there isn't one.  Then, the backup plan is to yap on about the "oderless gas particles."  Give me a break. 

Also, nobody seems to mention that the prevailing winds for the vast majority of the year are out of the west, so if anybody should be scared of the "odorless gas particles" it would be all the people living just inland of that Newport Coast landfill, like Turtle Rock.  I'm sure Turtle Rock prices will plummet if somebody breaks the news.

Patrick J. Star said:

SoCalQuest never responded to my request for a truth or dare yesterday (and the post deletion fairy has since struck) --- But my truth question was:

"Are you a robot under the control of the Laguna Altura sales team"?

I am NOT a robot for TIC. I am a serious potential buyer for a Cortona home, although hesitant to put a deposit on one now because of the freeway location and the fact that there are so many available lots still unsold. I am in love with the community though.

Back