Lakers News

Rumor was Joe Tsai didn't want to trade Kyrie to his preferred destination.

Also, one source said that the Nets also wanted the all the Lakers' young players, such as Austin Reaves and Max Christie and pick swaps, in addition to Westbrook and two first round picks that the Lakers offered.

If you feel like the Lakers front office is literally not doing anything in regards to this trade, then you don't know what you're talking about. The Nets wanted to surround KD with players who can play right now rather than getting future picks.
Well what I do know is Lebron is frustrated with the front office.

Lebron wanted AD, and they got AD. Lebron wanted WB, and they got WB. But during the process they lost a lot of draft capitals and solid rotation players and had to fill up the roster with minimum players or reclamation projects. The package they traded for WB could've easily gotten Kyrie. Lakers do have a good scouting department and always find some diamonds in the rough; but time is not on Lebron's side.
Only way they could've gotten Kyrie with their package is Nets are going into full re-build mode; based on the package they chose clearly they don't want to be in full re-build yet, unless KD asks for trade which it is almost a certainty sooner or later.

LeGM is always frustrated with the front office, but he got himself to blame for wanting Russ in the first place. The Lakers could have got Buddy Hield (and possibly DeRozen as well) while keeping one of the shooters they sent to Wizards for Russ. AND they probably could have re-signed Caruso. But no, LeGM wanted Russ.

Lebron wanted AD, and they got AD. Lebron wanted WB, and they got WB. But during the process they lost a lot of draft capitals and solid rotation players and had to fill up the roster with minimum players or reclamation projects. The package they traded for WB could've easily gotten Kyrie. Lakers do have a good scouting department and always find some diamonds in the rough; but time is not on Lebron's side.
Only way they could've gotten Kyrie with their package is Nets are going into full re-build mode; based on the package they chose clearly they don't want to be in full re-build yet, unless KD asks for trade which it is almost a certainty sooner or later.
See, you get it. The funny thing is that KD will most likely ask for a trade, which means getting future 1st round picks for full re-build would have been better.

See, you get it. The funny thing is that KD will most likely ask for a trade, which means getting future 1st round picks for full re-build would have been better.
The Nets know that for any KD trade they probably will get 50 center on the dollar; they are trying to see if they can make some noise this year and perhaps there is some slight chance KD will not ask for trade. But without a bona-fide second star, they will not go far. So it is wishful thinking plus the other reason the owner wanted to stick it to Kyrie and player empowerment as you said.
For any potential KD trade, there is no team out there can still be a contender after trading for KD for a package the Nets FO would accept, except Golden State, which is lol.
For Boston I would not trade Jalen Brown unless he cannot co-exist with Tatum and wants to be the No 1 option.
If KD asks for a trade, and has a short list, if I am the Lakers I will offer everything and any thing outside of Lebron and AD, just for the lol factor.

Boston would never trade with the Lakers...that rivalry goes back before my time. Hopefully we get get GTJ and FVV and get off of Westbrook...I think getting off Westbrook and more guards will help Ham play bigger, putting Beverly on BI didn't work, why not try Hachimura. They can get better with a couple of Lonnie, Beverly, and/or Westbrook trades, we got too many guards and not enough wings.

Boston would never trade with the Lakers...that rivalry goes back before my time. Hopefully we get get GTJ and FVV and get off of Westbrook...I think getting off Westbrook and more guards will help Ham play bigger, putting Beverly on BI didn't work, why not try Hachimura. They can get better with a couple of Lonnie, Beverly, and/or Westbrook trades, we got too many guards and not enough wings.
The problem is that the sellers, like Toronto and Utah, both have top notch GMs so not only they are hard to gain upper hand in a trade, you have to pay the additional Laker's tax.

The problem is that the sellers, like Toronto and Utah, both have top notch GMs so not only they are hard to gain upper hand in a trade, you have to pay the additional Laker's tax.
The Lakers would probably need to part with both 1st round picks if trading Russ for FVV + other players to make salary match.

Still pissed at Pelinka for giving in to LeGM and AD in getting Russ instead of Buddy Hield. But then again, Lakers FO was probably drooling over 3 SUPERSTARS, also.

1 old superstar (although very good), 1 injury prone superstar (also very good), 1 bad star (I never considered Westbrick a good team player).

LeBron breaks the all time scoring record in a horrible loss with no defense or AD showing up. I hope they make a trade b/c what they have isn't working.

wasn't that guy the one that snitched on nick young? :ROFLMAO:
Indeed.

Wow. Seems like Joe Tsai really hated Kyrie and didn't want to send him to the Lakers.

The excuse for sending Kyrie to Dallas was for to surround KD with players to win now. Then they traded KD (and TJ Warren) to the Suns for Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson and Jae Crowder plus four 1st round picks, which most likely will be worth less than the two 1st round picks from the Lakers.

It's okay... Kyrie is a head case the Lakers don't need.

Just hoping the Clips don't try to pick up Westbrick if Utah buys out his contract.

It's okay... Kyrie is a head case the Lakers don't need.

Just hoping the Clips don't try to pick up Westbrick if Utah buys out his contract.
KD lacks leadership but LBJ does not. He was able to get the best out of Kyrie despite disagreements between the two. I would argue Kyrie was at his best w/LBJ. Since he left LBJ, he has gone downhill. Not in terms of talent, but in terms of how he conducts himself on/off the court. It's quite sad to see such a great talent go to waste.

If Kyrie was a Laker, I'm sure LBJ would have figured it out w/Kyrie.

Honestly, Lakers got 2 solid rotational players plus a perfect 3rd option in DLO, and cost less in draft capital (1 less 1st round pick, and the one traded is lightly protected), and get to keep Christie/Reeves. I think it is a better deal at the end because a big 3 of Lebron, AD and Kyrie, one of them have to take a backseat (See Love/Bosh), and Kyrie is a head case he may not play 100% or can become a huge distraction.

Nets however, should've taken the Clippers deal for more picks/younger talent for Kyrie.

Suns are probably the team to beat in the West now...the West is now pretty stacked, in no particular order

Warriors - Draymond, Curry, Klay
Nuggets - MPJ, Murray, Jokic
Suns - Booker, Ayton, KD, CP3 to a lesser extent, feel like he's dropped off this year
Pelicans - Zion, BI, CJ
Clippers - PG13, Kawhi with depth
Mavs - Luka, Kyrie
Lakers - AD, Lebron, D'Lo?
Timberwolves - Ant, Kat, Gobert, Conley
Grizzlies and Kings playing well, well the Grizzlies were playing well until the Lakers broke their win streak, but still currently #2 in the West

If Kyrie was a Laker, I'm sure LBJ would have figured it out w/Kyrie.
The Kyrie in Cleveland is not the same Kyrie today... as you can see by his departure from Cleveland, his time in Boston and his time in NY.

Look at Westie... still doesn't tow the line... so I don't think Kyrie would either because they were already on the outs in their last season in Cleveland.

Dlo is a better fit because he will defer, can shoot and doesn't need to have the ball.... and the Lakers got a shooter in Malik.

Now they just have to trade AD while he's not injured. :)

Back