LA Fitness - Woodbury

"$149 to join and $29 a month. If I join we share the $149 which is nice but each pay the $29."

Wendy thanks for the info, I'll have to stop by and check it out.

Sure wished I kept my 24 hour fitness $9/month all clubs going..but I've heard good things about LA fitness.

Probably better than the local gym here where someone finishes running and doesn't have common courtesy to bring a towel and cleanup after himself.

<p>CK-</p>

<p>They gave some free passes to me too while I was at Jalapenos the other day... Have you tried the sushi restaurant in Woodbury? I had lunch there friday... was really good and the best sushi chef there is "Ike"... make sure you ask for him.... he's awesome!</p>

<p> </p>

<p>GITOC

</p>

GITOC - ah, so funny -- I had one foot in the door of the sushi place (Maki I think) last night, and then the daughter railroaded us into Panera Bread at the last second because she wanted grilled cheese! Thanks for the heads up -- we will def check it out!

any suggestions on the best sushi place in Irvine? I know Taiko is always busy...I went there couple times, I was never impressed...they have the worst spicy tuna handroll...

Irvine123, you might try Tommy's Sushi (It's not in Irvine, but pretty close). The decor/ambience is pretty hole-in-the-wall-ish, which I suppose is a bad combination with seafood/sushi, but so far, I have not been disappointed with the freshness and quality of the food. Peek at the back of the sushi order list for some non-typical rolls. 1051 Main St, Tustin (x street Newport Ave).

We have 2 Gyms where I live, they're really nice...if anyone wants the Key let me know ;-) I never use it, I do all my exercise on the bike

By the way, isn't part of the idea for single people going to a Gym to meet others ?

Peter - are you referring to my being happy the gym was empty? Sure, it'd be fantastic to meet new friends or potential dates at the gym, but I've been working out in gyms for 15 years, and I have never, ever met anyone. So, given historical performance, a gym packed full of people doesn't mean I'll meet someone, it just means my workout won't be as good! Of course, past performance is no guarantee...:)

Peter, the only people I ever see at the gym looking to meet anyone are the Buff Boys and the Gym Kittens. The Regular Joes and Janes look very focused on their workouts.

irvinesinglemom and eff...never take any notice of what I say ;-)

It seems such a shame that their are so many good, genuine single People around that can't find someone they would be happy with, those that are looking that is...

I went to join the Gym for spinning classes but apparently they only do specific times plus you have to get there early to get a Bike...

But back to dating etc, there seem to be some very nice, friendly single peeps on this Forum....

just sayin'

Speaking of spin classes, with the days getting shorter I think it might be time to shop for <a target="_blank" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyEeXdrnhLg">rollers</a>. Any advice, Peter?

Rollers?? yes, if you can stay on them...I use the Cyclops fluid Trainer ( never buy a magnetic one they're too noisy)...you can borrow mine and see how you like it, I have some DVD's too with killer work-outs...phew!!

niko niko is the sushi place in woodbury. the sushi is decent. this is a korean-owned chain as opposed to japanese-owned. having said all that, i've been several times and always have a blast there. staff and ambiance is fun and friendly. try the monstrous, creative rolls -- hungry roll and ninja roll are very good.

The new Woodbury East area will have a fitness center included in the association fee. It has olympic size pool, basketball courts, etc. No wonder it's $400/month.

I joined today for $50 and $29.99 a month. My boyfriend and I shared the$50 fee so go with a friend. I can only used one club. I live in Woodbury so it makes sense.

Back