La Cresta at Woodbury

The lots they are building on are the biggest in that quadrant of Woodbury.  Since San Marino sold with a base of around 1 Million these home will likely go for significantly more (the "mid-$1 millions could range from 1.4-1.6).  However, though the lots look bigger, the distance between each home looks the same as smaller homes in the same area.

I for one am grateful that Brookfield is building a traditional SFR instead of more motorcourts. 

Why cant one of you guys find the floor plans?  I remember there was a guy that dug up all the info and pictures of a builder before they released them.

Dont they have this info on the Irvine Planner's website or something?  Dont they have to submit plans to get permits?

I just want to see lol

thedude111222 said:
IP doesn't have any floorplans that big, unless they just use the little corner extender tool on their computers and supersize the Toscana floorplans.  Plust the OP said Brookfield.  Honestly, though if it were 4000sqft on a 6500sqft lot, they'd sell out pretty quickly.  Woodbury is a better location, more central than the middle of Portola Springs.  True Irvine High isn't quite Northwood, but there is a easy work around if you've got the cash...buy a small condo in a northwood or uni zoned area and use it as your permanent address

For families with younger kids, they will probably end up at the planned Great Park High School.  Who knows how that one will match up when it first opens - could end up better than NW.

Warclaws said:
Why cant one of you guys find the floor plans?  I remember there was a guy that dug up all the info and pictures of a builder before they released them.

Dont they have this info on the Irvine Planner's website or something?  Dont they have to submit plans to get permits?

I just want to see lol

La Cresta floorplans are now available:
http://www.villagesofirvine.com/Villages-and-Neighborhoods/Woodbury/Residence/La-Cresta

To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed.  They all have a "prep kitchen"?  I can just hear my wife calling me "Sous Chef" now...

I just viewed all the La Cresta floor plans out of curiosity. Something that stood out is that the locations of the pantries are really messed up. You can't have anything on the stove and go to a different area of the house (Plan 2) to grab ingredients around the bend and behind the wall (Plan 1 but especially Plan 3). Looks like they are designed for a family sustaining themselves on Stouffer's TV-dinners (Plan 3). Otherwise your pot is boiling over while your head is stuck in the closet in another room, you're none the wiser, searching for that 14.5 oz can of petite diced tomatoes that you thought you had but can't find.

What's "enclosed kitchen"?
A meth lab for Irvine drug cartel?
Two kitchens are not enough that somebody need to have a third one?
Master foyer on Plan 2 can be interesting or waste of space.
Hidden shower and dry off area inside master bath for Plan 3 are nice.

I guess Brookfield doesn't believe in feng shui.  Toilet over entry for both Plan 1 & 2.

Irvine_Dreamer said:
What's "enclosed kitchen"?
A meth lab for Irvine drug cartel?
Two kitchens are not enough that somebody need to have a third one?

3rd kitchen??? Where? I can't find it.

header.jpg

Four words: extremely low income housing (aka housing for quattroporte)

test said:
header.jpg

Four words: extremely low income housing (aka housing for quattroporte)

Your comment reminded me of another quote....

?Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it.? ? George Bernard Shaw

Phase 1 Pricing
Plan 1: $1,358,000 - $1,399,830
Plan 2: $1,424,500 - $1,437,200
Plan 3: $1,513,800 - $1,524,300

These homes are nice, but they share the same road with The Arbor.  That means you might run into quattroporte.

It's all relative, you're making 'The Arbor' sound like SE LA or something like that.

As I  recall 'The Arbor' is targeted for 30%-60% of the median area income. So that's still ~28K to ~56K / family. Yeah low for Irvine standards but we're not exactly talking skid row level poverty rift-rafts.

Woodbury is pretty nice and that location is next to one of the pool/playground/bbq areas.

If you really want to be all surrounded by high-brow neighbors then head to Newport, HB, Beverly, or Manhattan. Having a diverse community is not an entirely a bad thing.

test said:
Phase 1 Pricing
Plan 1: $1,358,000 - $1,399,830
Plan 2: $1,424,500 - $1,437,200
Plan 3: $1,513,800 - $1,524,300

These homes are nice, but they share the same road with The Arbor.  That means you might run into quattroporte.

Gotcha, the Arbor is low income. I had to look that up.http://lihtc.findthedata.org/m/l/31677/The-Arbor-at-Woodbury

So maybe, people buying at la cresta should get the alarm pre wire upgrade. There is 89 to 90 low income units at the Arbor.

What's up with that fake coffered ceiling.
Why can't they just raise the ceiling and put up a proper coffered ceiling?
For god's sake, you're charging 1.5 million dollars.
That's lame.

Back