La Cresta at Woodbury

OCgasman

Heard that Brookfield Homes will build 4000+ sq ft homes adjacent to the San Marino development in Woodbury.  Interesting if true, since there isn't a large parcel of land in that area.  Is there a market for these huge homes in Woodbury?  I wonder what the lot sizes will be...4000 sq ft home on a 6000 sq ft lot? 

I stopped questioning whether there was a market for anything in Irvine a long time ago.  To quote an all time great movie, "If you build it, they will come."  But that size isn't completely unheard of in Woodbury...Juliet's Balcony is already that size and I think does well whenever one comes for resale, and Mille Fleurs is just a bit smaller.  I'd imagine similar lot sizes to Juliet's Balcony (6100-6500, i think).  Plus, once you start reaching the prices that these homes will almost certainly draw (I'd have to guess starting $1.4mil), you can't push around buyers to into buying homes with small yard setbacks or short driveways like they can with the rest of us.

That said, where exactly is this? Is there room adjacent to San Marino?  What are the streets these homes would be on? 

I am in the market for San Marino, but the prices seem to high. and I am curious what other housing developments have to offer...  Especially when those houses are on TINY lots.

Warclaws said:
I am in the market for San Marino, but the prices seem to high. and I am curious what other housing developments have to offer...  Especially when those houses are on TINY lots.
If it's Irvine Pacific housing developments it'll be smaller lots, copied floor plans, and higher prices.

IP doesn't have any floorplans that big, unless they just use the little corner extender tool on their computers and supersize the Toscana floorplans.  Plust the OP said Brookfield.  Honestly, though if it were 4000sqft on a 6500sqft lot, they'd sell out pretty quickly.  Woodbury is a better location, more central than the middle of Portola Springs.  True Irvine High isn't quite Northwood, but there is a easy work around if you've got the cash...buy a small condo in a northwood or uni zoned area and use it as your permanent address

I am not sure about the corner extender tool, but I am sure the enlarge button on their copiers are broken after heavy usage.

thedude111222 said:
IP doesn't have any floorplans that big, unless they just use the little corner extender tool on their computers and supersize the Toscana floorplans.  Plust the OP said Brookfield.  Honestly, though if it were 4000sqft on a 6500sqft lot, they'd sell out pretty quickly.  Woodbury is a better location, more central than the middle of Portola Springs.  True Irvine High isn't quite Northwood, but there is a easy work around if you've got the cash...buy a small condo in a northwood or uni zoned area and use it as your permanent address

hard to say...what model are you looking at? what are the lot sizes and current prices at san marino? any particular reason you like San Marino over Toscana? What about Lambert Ranch? Or even resale?

Has anyone heard anything about this lately?  I can't find anywhere any information on the possibility of this or a timeline. 

They broke ground in woodbury on 3 new models.  From what I know it has to be brookfield homes.  Anyone know where I can find floor plan drawings?

Hi everyone, we just moved to Irvine and reading this board was a HUGE source of help in our building/buying process so I thought I'd share some info of my own.  The new development is 'La Cresta' by Brookfield and they just launched a webpage with some information.  No floorplans but a bit of information and ballpark pricing:
http://brookfieldsocal.com/la-cresta-at-woodbury/

We live nearby and I see the progress on these daily - they're absolutely HUGE and the models are going up at lightning speed!

Hope this helps!  :)

NewGirl said:
Hi everyone, we just moved to Irvine and reading this board was a HUGE source of help in our building/buying process so I thought I'd share some info of my own.  The new development is 'La Cresta' by Brookfield and they just launched a webpage with some information.  No floorplans but a bit of information and ballpark pricing:
http://brookfieldsocal.com/la-cresta-at-woodbury/

We live nearby and I see the progress on these daily - they're absolutely HUGE and the models are going up at lightning speed!

Hope this helps!  :)

Let's see how these compare with Lambert Ranch's Grove Plans and resale at Juliet Balcony in Woodbury--should be interesting. Market seems ripe to bring in luxury/large $1.5M homes.

Wow, starting at mid $1MM.  Seems super pricey for Woodbury.  Great timing by Brookfield with LR almost built out.  Prices are nuts these days. 

Back