KB Home Genoa at OH

Irvine Turtle said:
Irvine Turtle said:
Compressed-Village said:
Irvine Turtle said:
I have a Home that is now 4 years old.  Recently we saw watermark on the ceiling right below the upstairs toilet.  Builder said that it is out of warranty but helped and opened up the ceiling and says damage is due to the leaking of toilet from underneath (there is no evidence of leakage on the floor).  I have now hired a plumber and have him reset the toilet.  The plumber said that the toilet was never set properly to begin with.  Any advise as to if I need to check anything prior to closing the ceiling back?  Also any advice as to how to monitor for future leaks?

It sucks that even luxury homes comes only with a limited warranty.

This sucks. If you can prove that the toilet seat never taken out prior to the yellow ring appearance on the ceiling, then the builder is responsible for the damages. It could have been leaking prior to the 1 year expire warranty, and they (builder) is responsible for the remedies and costs.

I would pursue the legal route and they don't want their name floating around as a bad builder.

BTW, who is the builder?

KB Homes, Vicenza development in OH

Buyers remorse??  You didn't check out KB's reputation before you purchased?

Hey guys, I want to get some opinions on transformer in front of the house.  Is it safe?  Will it have an effect on resale value ? 

Back