KB Home Genoa at OH

talkirvine said:
qwerty said:
Perhaps I wasn?t paying to much attention but the are essentially all the same floor plan. Our house is 3000 sq ft and have the same number of rooms, even a formal dining room. Not sure why it?s so hard to get a little more creative with floor plans. With some innovation perhaps people would be willing to buy these. At upwards of 500/sq ft I can?t see these selling well at all

These floor plans are well selected which have been tested by the market. It is just too costly to test the market with new floor plans.

Too costly to make it a 3-car garage? At this price point, how are these homes only 2-car garage homes?

irvinehomeowner said:
talkirvine said:
qwerty said:
Perhaps I wasn?t paying to much attention but the are essentially all the same floor plan. Our house is 3000 sq ft and have the same number of rooms, even a formal dining room. Not sure why it?s so hard to get a little more creative with floor plans. With some innovation perhaps people would be willing to buy these. At upwards of 500/sq ft I can?t see these selling well at all

These floor plans are well selected which have been tested by the market. It is just too costly to test the market with new floor plans.

Too costly to make it a 3-car garage? At this price point, how are these homes only 2-car garage homes?

Solution: car port 

J/k

eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
talkirvine said:
qwerty said:

J/k

AKA: California Garage. :)

irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
talkirvine said:
qwerty said:

J/k

AKA: California Garage. :)

There will be a $50k upgrade cost for that sir.  haha

was there today.  terrible exteriors.  truly uninspired floorplans.  felt like a 2200 sq ft condo, but stretched out to 4000 sq ft.  provides no more usability (4 bed, tiny loft, one big room downstairs) than a condo.  TINY backyards. 

i don't see who is going to buy these.

dethman said:
was there today.  terrible exteriors.  truly uninspired floorplans.  felt like a 2200 sq ft condo, but stretched out to 4000 sq ft.  provides no more usability (4 bed, tiny loft, one big room downstairs) than a condo.  TINY backyards. 

i don't see who is going to buy these.

So would you say Varenna and Padova are better priced for what they offer?

I have a Home that is now 4 years old.  Recently we saw watermark on the ceiling right below the upstairs toilet.  Builder said that it is out of warranty but helped and opened up the ceiling and says damage is due to the leaking of toilet from underneath (there is no evidence of leakage on the floor).  I have now hired a plumber and have him reset the toilet.  The plumber said that the toilet was never set properly to begin with.  Any advise as to if I need to check anything prior to closing the ceiling back?  Also any advice as to how to monitor for future leaks?

It sucks that even luxury homes comes only with a limited warranty.

Irvine Turtle said:
I have a Home that is now 4 years old.  Recently we saw watermark on the ceiling right below the upstairs toilet.  Builder said that it is out of warranty but helped and opened up the ceiling and says damage is due to the leaking of toilet from underneath (there is no evidence of leakage on the floor).  I have now hired a plumber and have him reset the toilet.  The plumber said that the toilet was never set properly to begin with.  Any advise as to if I need to check anything prior to closing the ceiling back?  Also any advice as to how to monitor for future leaks?

This sucks. If you can prove that the toilet seat never taken out prior to the yellow ring appearance on the ceiling, then the builder is responsible for the damages. It could have been leaking prior to the 1 year expire warranty, and they (builder) is responsible for the remedies and costs.

I would pursue the legal route and they don't want their name floating around as a bad builder.

BTW, who is the builder?

Compressed-Village said:
Irvine Turtle said:

This sucks. If you can prove that the toilet seat never taken out prior to the yellow ring appearance on the ceiling, then the builder is responsible for the damages. It could have been leaking prior to the 1 year expire warranty, and they (builder) is responsible for the remedies and costs.

I would pursue the legal route and they don't want their name floating around as a bad builder.

BTW, who is the builder?

KB

Irvine Turtle said:
Compressed-Village said:
Irvine Turtle said:

BTW, who is the builder?

KB Homes, Vicenza development in OH

Irvine Turtle said:

This happened to me 3 years after COE. Builder was Brookfield and they covered the cost of the entire thing. Toilet was set improperly in our powder room.

bones said:
This happened to me 3 years after COE. Builder was Brookfield and they covered the cost of the entire thing. Toilet was set improperly in our powder room.

I have repeatedly asked the builder.

Could you share what kind of repairs they did?  Currently I have had the plumber reset the toilet and if I just close up the ceiling I am worried I will be trapping moisture and sewage smell.  Did they do anykind of clean up to the beams or did you have to remove the tiles adjacent to the toilet  to check whether the floor board was affected?
  Any recommendations for contractors who can check and close the ceiling properly?

Irvine Turtle said:
bones said:

Could you share what kind of repairs they did?  Currently I have had the plumber reset the toilet and if I just close up the ceiling I am worried I will be trapping moisture and sewage smell.  Did they do anykind of clean up to the beams or did you have to remove the tiles adjacent to the toilet  to check whether the floor board was affected?
  Any recommendations for contractors who can check and close the ceiling properly?

This was my downstairs toilet so they ripped out any flooring that was wet, dried everything out with fans and put down new flooring.  A mold remediation company was involved as well as a plumber and a contractor to do the flooring. If the toilet was incorrectly installed, the builder should be on the hook for the repairs.

bones said:
Irvine Turtle said:
bones said:

This was my downstairs toilet so they ripped out any flooring that was wet, dried everything out with fans and put down new flooring.  A mold remediation company was involved as well as a plumber and a contractor to do the flooring. If the toilet was incorrectly installed, the builder should be on the hook for the repairs.
Thanks

Back