It's official. We are in a recession.

Awesome video! NERD - Sooner or Later

<object width="325" height="250"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/youtube" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="325" height="250"></embed></object>

As usual... <a href="http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2008/12/it-all-comes-crashing-down/">stolen from Barry</a>.

[quote author="PANDA" date=1228364183][quote author="WINEX" date=1228362946][quote author="ipoplaya" date=1228359839][quote author="WINEX" date=1228348171][quote author="ipoplaya" date=1228294247][quote author="effenheimer" date=1228293970]In theory, elite IT candidates are falling from trees right now. Storage Admins are working for $12/hr and break-fix can be had for minimum wage! :lol:</blockquote>

Unfortunately elite IT job reqs aren't flowing any longer from companies. Our candidate database is indeed swelling while the jobs database is shrinking every day. We just had another high-end perm opportunity for a big OC employer go busto due to budget constraints. That is the 2nd one in as many months...</blockquote>

What markets (i.e. segment of the IT industry) do you work in? Though I am not looking, I still get contacted by numerous recruiters every day.</blockquote>

40% of our business is Oracle, Peoplesoft, and JDE consulting/consultants/projects. The remaining 60% is all IT staffing/recruiting, from CIO/VP level on down to desktop support jockeys. We work primarily in four metros, SoCal, Charlotte, Phoenix, and Denver.</blockquote>

Thanks. I can understand the ERP business taking a hit. With the time and money commitments involved, the current uncertainty in the economy has to take a toll. Plus with the rise of Software as a Service companies like Netsuite and CRM, the idea of engaging in multi-year multi-million dollar software implementations is less attractive.

But that's not the area I work in.

I do specialized applications that are targeted to a specialized market niche. So far recruiters are still actively trying to get me to jump.</blockquote>

You probably worked with many good friends of mine. They all hated it but for engineering grads in the late 80s and 90s consulting paid the big $$.

Netsuite ROCKS! Full blown all in one Accounting/WEB/ERP application to take care of the little guys like me. I remember implementing SAP and Peoplesoft working for Accenture ten years ago. I hated by job with a passion.</blockquote>

Back