Irvine's 5th High School

adventurous said:
qwerty said:
unlike you, i lift weights so i can actually take care of myself if i had to.  qwerter dont like violence, but qwerter will do what he has to do. now you on the other hand would probably get analized by the convict.
Keep lifting weights... It's good for your health. It's useless against a regular street fighter, tho... However, good for your BMI. You literally don't understand what level 3 inmate (with 20-30 year sentence) are capable of when they lose free.

thanks for the health tip.

Been giving a lot of fat finger thank you's lately, iPad air loads the pages a split second faster than what I'm used to

test said:
Mayor Steven S. Choi said last night the district decided to go with site A.
'

I am closely watching it. The Board of Education hasn't  had the final vote yet.  Yes, they are strongly supporting the Site A for whatever reason and rejecting to take into account any opposite opinion. The residents of Woodbury and Stonegate are not very active, however when they realize the consequences, the current members of  the Board of Education will have hard time during the next re-election.

ps9 said:
I will eventually :) (plus it didn't make sense, I don't want site A)
Contact the Board of Education and give them your opinion. Unless they get a strong community opposition, they will pursue with the Site A.

Which villages will eventually feed into this 5th HS if ever -- Woodbury, Stonegate, Great Park and Portola Springs ? 

Yes, according to the currently proposed zoning (which might change). Also, a half of Great Park homes which are in IUSD (which won't be changed) The other half will to go to Saddleback Unified. All new condos between I-5 and Trabuco along Sand Canyon are also zoned to 5th High, no matter which site it will be built on.

adventurous said:
Yes, according to the currently proposed zoning (which might change). Also, a half of Great Park homes which are in IUSD (which won't be changed) The other half will to go to Saddleback Unified. All new condos between I-5 and Trabuco along Sand Canyon are also zoned to 5th High, no matter which site it will be built on.

Way more than half of the Great Park neighborhoods will be zoned to IUSD....probably closer to 75% according to the maps earlier in this thread. Include PS/LR and CV...I could see Woodbury and SG staying in their current zoned districts. Isn't NHS supposed to undergo expansion as well? 

thedude111222 said:
Way more than half of the Great Park neighborhoods will be zoned to IUSD....probably closer to 75% according to the maps earlier in this thread.
You don't take into consideration the second agreement (yet pending) between Five Points and Irvine. Five Points wants to build extra 4.5K homes on the Great Park land, which appears to be the in Saddleback Unified. Currently, IUSD is not considering to negotiate the change of the school zoning with SUSD

thedude111222 said:
Include PS/LR and CV...I could see Woodbury and SG staying in their current zoned districts.
The current school zoning plan, announced by IUSD,  is to re-route Woodbury and Stonegate to the new school. Nothing is set in stone yet, but the plans have been already anounced
thedude111222 said:
Isn't NHS supposed to undergo expansion as well?
The ultimate goal is to keep the number of students under 2,200 threshold. According to the projected enrollment, some of NHS zoned communities will be re-zoned to the 5th High in order to keep NHS under 2,200

adventurous said:
The ultimate goal is to keep the number of students under 2,200 threshold.

They will need to build 7 high schools to do that.

2prv0p5.jpg

According to their enrollment projection for 2016, the 5th High School will bring the number of students down to 2,200 per school.

Northwood: 2932 students
University: 2867 students
Woodbridge: 2674 students
Irvine: 2556 students
Total: 11029 students, which is 2205.8 per school. Looks a bit fishy, when the projected number hits the previously set threshold so close. Makes me feel the projected data were properly augmented to support IUSD "critical timeline" statement, but, like I said before, I do not imply anything. I simply provide my citizen's opinion on the publically available information-->http://newsflash.iusd.org/

It's final.

Based on the CEQA Findings of Fact and Statement of Overriding Considerations (Exhibit A & B of Res. No. 13-14-20), staff concludes that the benefits of the project outweigh the one (1) unmitigated impact and justifies project approval.

The SEIR must be certified prior to approving the High School.  No. 5 (Site A) Project.  As part of the adoption of the resolution, the Board approves the project described in the Final EIR as the High School No. 5 (Site A) Project.

unfortunately...

the Governing Board (Board) of the Irvine Unified School District (District or IUSD) desires to develop a comprehensive High School, located at the southeast corner of Irvine Boulevard and future ?B? Street, east of Sand Canyon and Highway 133 and west of Alton and Bake Parkway, in the City of Irvine, within Orange County (Site).

adventurous said:
unfortunately...

the Governing Board (Board) of the Irvine Unified School District (District or IUSD) desires to develop a comprehensive High School, located at the southeast corner of Irvine Boulevard and future ?B? Street, east of Sand Canyon and Highway 133 and west of Alton and Bake Parkway, in the City of Irvine, within Orange County (Site).

is this the site that was supported vigorously by Agran on the council?

Back