Irvine's 5th High School

in addition to that.....

The neighborhoods outside the radius (4.5 mi) have to be provided with the school bus transportation. The kids from the neighborhoods inside the circle will have to get to school on their own.

He will never go back because the communists will arrest him without cause. This is the very reason why government officials sent their wife and children abroad.

Tyler Durden said:
With Bo Gua Gua's parents both imprisoned for life, i guess he will actually have to use his degrees to make his own way (unless he somehow has rights to the family fortune before it is seized).

As far OH is concerned, those West of Culver will go to Beckman HS (TUSD) and those East will be IUSD. I highly doubt IUSD would assign these new homes with closest proximity to NW HS to the GP HS. They are more likely to reassign homes at their boundary edge while allowing current students to continue in the school.

iacrenter said:
As far OH is concerned, those West of Culver will go to Beckman HS (TUSD) and those East will be IUSD. I highly doubt IUSD would assign these new homes with closest proximity to NW HS to the GP HS. They are more likely to reassign homes at their boundary edge while allowing current students to continue in the school.
Agree.  This makes the most sense.

iacrenter said:
Changing school district borders is a little bit complicated, however it's not impossible. Currently, IUSD doesn't have any plans (publicly announced) do make any changes.

Again, a biased article from IUSD that has its own interest in Site A, completely ignoring all the opposite views. The Facility Study session was a joke, the presentation was strongly pro-A without a real analysis made.

So bottom line: 

Next to jail or over superfund site.

I pick superfund site.  Jail is visible and will be a permanent state/county run visible reminder.  So the farm program suffers at the new HS, who cares.  Woodbridge HS is over a pollution site and is fine as is.  Just tell the kids to not eat dirt or any plants/fruits that grows out of it and to drink Santa Ana sourced tap water. 

ps9 said:
So bottom line: 

Next to jail or over superfund site. I pick superfund site.  Jail is visible and will be a permanent state/county run visible reminder.  So the farm program suffers at the new HS, who cares.  Woodbridge HS is over a pollution site and is fine as is.  Just tell the kids to not eat dirt or any plants/fruits that grows out of it and to drink Santa Ana sourced tap water.
Even worse, Site A is just between the jail and  the toxic landfill (in fact on the border of the landfill), which (according to the article) requires a periodic inspection. So, guess what happens if this inspection finds a leak? Right, the school will be closed immediately, $260M will be wasted at a brisk of an eye. On the top of it, any escape from the jail will put the school on lockdown, etc.
Unfortunately, the Board of Education is completely deaf on the subject and stubbornly endorsing Site A

I understand why Five Points wants to build the school there. It's no-brainer. The house price by the mid-security jail will be significantly lower, unless you have a bunch of other perks (like a school) to offset it. However, I really don't get why IUSD is even more stubborn on the site A. I am not saying or implying anything... I just don't understand it.

adventurous said:
ps9 said:
So bottom line: 

Next to jail or over superfund site. I pick superfund site.  Jail is visible and will be a permanent state/county run visible reminder.  So the farm program suffers at the new HS, who cares.  Woodbridge HS is over a pollution site and is fine as is.  Just tell the kids to not eat dirt or any plants/fruits that grows out of it and to drink Santa Ana sourced tap water.
Even worse, Site A is just between the jail and  the toxic landfill (in fact on the border of the landfill), which (according to the article) requires a periodic inspection. So, guess what happens if this inspection finds a leak? Right, the school will be closed immediately, $260M will be wasted at a brisk of an eye. On the top of it, any escape from the jail will put the school on lockdown, etc.
Unfortunately, the Board of Education is completely deaf on the subject and stubbornly endorsing Site A

you guys need to stop with the escape from the jail bullshit. no person that escapes is going go to the high school!!  and even if they did, the junior/seniors should be able to take care of business and take the guy down.

qwerty said:
you guys need to stop with the escape from the jail bullshit. no person that escapes is going go to the high school!!
Musick Jail is going to house level 3 inmates (highest level for non-public inmate... literally, murderers, rapists, etc) for short term stay and level 2 for long stay, literally called as "bad guys" by the official from the Sheriff's Office.  Who knows what's on their mind, when they find their way out.
qwerty said:
  and even if they did, the junior/seniors should be able to take care of business and take the guy down.
I wish you bumped into this guy on his way to escape. I hope you'll live. I wouldn't bet my money on it, tho

Have you seen irvine kids?  They're not the ruffians you see in Tustin.  What will they use as a weapon to defend themselves from an escaped convict?  Their SAT prep books?  Or their 5 page resumes full of extracurricular activities?  Maybe beating them senseless with wind instruments :)

adventurous said:
qwerty said:
you guys need to stop with the escape from the jail bullshit. no person that escapes is going go to the high school!!
Musick Jail is going to house level 3 inmates (highest level for non-public inmate... literally, murderers, rapists, etc) for short term stay. Who knows what's on their mind, when they find their way out.
qwerty said:
  and even if they did, the junior/seniors should be able to take care of business and take the guy down.
I wish you bump into this guy on his way to escape. I hope you'll live. Well, I wouldn't bet my money on it, tho

unlike you, i lift weights so i can actually take care of myself if i had to.  qwerter dont like violence, but qwerter will do what he has to do. now you on the other hand would probably get analized by the convict.

ps9 said:
Have you seen irvine kids?  They're not the ruffians you see in Tustin.  What will they use as a weapon to defend themselves from an escaped convict?  Their SAT prep books?  Or their 5 page resumes full of extracurricular activities?  Maybe beating them senseless with wind instruments :)
Yeah... a skinny Irvine kid against 6+ ft. 250lb bubba... Do you think a violin can be used as a self-defense weapon?

qwerty said:
unlike you, i lift weights so i can actually take care of myself if i had to.  qwerter dont like violence, but qwerter will do what he has to do. now you on the other hand would probably get analized by the convict.
Keep lifting weights... It's good for your health. It's useless against a regular street fighter, tho... However, good for your BMI. You literally don't understand what level 3 inmates (killers, robbers, real gangsters with 20-30 year sentence) are capable of when they lose free.

Back