Irvine Company acting as Big Brother

eyephone said:
Kings said:
Happiness said:
fortune11 said:
eyephone said:
?Update 7/11/18 12:15PM: When reached for comment, The Irvine Company's chief communications officer Scott Starkey provided this statement on its behalf:

"Irvine Company is a customer of Vigilant Solutions. Vigilant employs ALPR technology at our three Orange County regional shopping centers. Vigilant is required by contract, and have assured us, that ALPR data collected at these locations is only shared with local police departments as part of their efforts to keep the local community safe."

Starkey also provided a statement from Irvine Police Department spokesperson Kim Mohr, which stated that IPD uses data legally collected by ALPR setups for its own investigations and never shares the information.?
https://www.engadget.com/2018/07/10/california-mall-scan-license-plate-database-ice-/

Interesting. Bugs me a lot that these guys don?t post signs stating this . if the goal is to really deter criminals , signs like that (similar to adt Home security yard signs ) would serve the purpose . Why do it sneakily and behind our backs ?

Doesn't California have a law that requires business to post a notice that they are recording video of you? Why wouldn't this apply to recording your license plate? How many thousands of people go to those centers every day? Ambulance chasers ? start your engines!

they probably do have a sign...it's just posted in small print near the other signs posted in small print for things like cancer from car emissions, no liability for car damage, etc.

I went there for lunch and I didn?t see the sign in the parking structure regarding the recording.

you should sue for invasion of privacy  ;)

Back