Irvine Company acting as Big Brother

irvinehomeowner said:
Kings said:
da hawaiian kitchen has the best friend chicken

How did I not know about this place? They just opened a Newport location... need to visit... too bad they only have thighs but I love Hawaiian food so I'll check it out.

See how they compare to Da Luau, Nalu's, L&L, Aloha etc.

this place knocks all of those out of the park.  the crispiness and flavor in the chicken is truly on another level.  get the chicken cutlet plate lunch.

Kings said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Kings said:

How did I not know about this place? They just opened a Newport location... need to visit... too bad they only have thighs but I love Hawaiian food so I'll check it out.

this place knocks all of those out of the park.  the crispiness and flavor in the chicken is truly on another level.  get the chicken cutlet plate lunch.

Shoot. Gotta check it out then.

Mety said:
Kings said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Kings said:

Shoot. Shoots!!! Gotta check it out then. I'm gonna charge em brah!

Pidgin-fixed.

irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:
Kings said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Kings said:

Pidgin-fixed.

Is this supposed to be funny?

Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:
Kings said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Kings said:

Pidgin-fixed.

And you say I'm too serious.

Chill out brah... no need fo stress.

irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:
Kings said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Kings said:

Pidgin-fixed.

And you say I'm too serious.

Chill out brah... no need fo stress.

Stress is bad for you. We cool, brah.

Fashion Island, Spectrum and Marketplace

they say they're not selling info to data companies. yeah right

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-irvine-company-license-plates-20180711-story.html

Loco_local said:
Fashion Island, Spectrum and Marketplace

they say they're not selling info to data companies. yeah right

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-irvine-company-license-plates-20180711-story.html

i like to believe all of this "free" content/data we are creating has the ability to be sold to someone.

even TI posts  ;)

?Update 7/11/18 12:15PM: When reached for comment, The Irvine Company's chief communications officer Scott Starkey provided this statement on its behalf:

"Irvine Company is a customer of Vigilant Solutions. Vigilant employs ALPR technology at our three Orange County regional shopping centers. Vigilant is required by contract, and have assured us, that ALPR data collected at these locations is only shared with local police departments as part of their efforts to keep the local community safe."

Starkey also provided a statement from Irvine Police Department spokesperson Kim Mohr, which stated that IPD uses data legally collected by ALPR setups for its own investigations and never shares the information.?
https://www.engadget.com/2018/07/10/california-mall-scan-license-plate-database-ice-/

eyephone said:
?Update 7/11/18 12:15PM: When reached for comment, The Irvine Company's chief communications officer Scott Starkey provided this statement on its behalf:

"Irvine Company is a customer of Vigilant Solutions. Vigilant employs ALPR technology at our three Orange County regional shopping centers. Vigilant is required by contract, and have assured us, that ALPR data collected at these locations is only shared with local police departments as part of their efforts to keep the local community safe."

Starkey also provided a statement from Irvine Police Department spokesperson Kim Mohr, which stated that IPD uses data legally collected by ALPR setups for its own investigations and never shares the information.?
https://www.engadget.com/2018/07/10/california-mall-scan-license-plate-database-ice-/

Interesting. Bugs me a lot that these guys don?t post signs stating this . if the goal is to really deter criminals , signs like that (similar to adt Home security yard signs ) would serve the purpose . Why do it sneakily and behind our backs ?

fortune11 said:
eyephone said:

Interesting. Bugs me a lot that these guys don?t post signs stating this . if the goal is to really deter criminals , signs like that (similar to adt Home security yard signs ) would serve the purpose . Why do it sneakily and behind our backs ?

Doesn't California have a law that requires business to post a notice that they are recording video of you? Why wouldn't this apply to recording your license plate? How many thousands of people go to those centers every day? Ambulance chasers ? start your engines!

Happiness said:
fortune11 said:
eyephone said:

Doesn't California have a law that requires business to post a notice that they are recording video of you? Why wouldn't this apply to recording your license plate? How many thousands of people go to those centers every day? Ambulance chasers ? start your engines!

I can almost guarantee you that company alpr is selling this data somewhere else - to companies that want to track consumer behavior

Btw in my mgmt consulting job , I have been offered payroll data (yes , payroll data ) by companies like adp . They think it?s fine as long as they anonymize the socials , but imagine that . It just takes one bug (intentional or otherwise ) in the software code to go from ?anonymous data solution? to a full on data breach disaster circus that ultimately ends in ceos getting fired from boards and congressional hearings .

Fortune, its been my experience that 99% of corporate users are just unconcious of data risk.  They're stupid about the data they ask for, they're stupid about the data they collect, they're stupid about how they use it and transmit it and just plain old lazy and oblivious to securing it.

The number of corporate users downlaoding information to their laptop and then emailing it around is insane.  If you key them about it they're cognizant when having a discussion on it, but oblivious when working and so unaware of what data they have or are requesting.

Happiness said:
fortune11 said:
eyephone said:

they probably do have a sign...it's just posted in small print near the other signs posted in small print for things like cancer from car emissions, no liability for car damage, etc.

Talking of parking lots ...

Gunman in parking space shooting not charged because of 'Stand Your Ground' law

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/gunman-parking-space-shooting-charged-stand-ground-law/story?id=56715356&__twitter_impression=true

Kings said:
Happiness said:
fortune11 said:
eyephone said:

they probably do have a sign...it's just posted in small print near the other signs posted in small print for things like cancer from car emissions, no liability for car damage, etc.

I went there for lunch and I didn?t see the sign in the parking structure regarding the recording.

Back