Irvine (and vicinity) Dining Deals / Coupons

Forgot to mention, urban plates has a good subscription deal. For $10/month you don’t pay over $11 for any meal. You just have to order it through the app (dine in or take out). The chimichurri steak is good - it’s $20 so you save $9 and covers most of the monthly subscription.

Last edited:
Forgot to mention, urban plates has a good subscription deal. For $10/month you don’t pay over $11 for any meal. You just have to order it through the app (dine in or take out). The chimichurri steak is good - it’s $20 so you save $9 and covers most of the monthly subscription.

Wow, this is a really good deal now.. basically an inflation buster type deal. Prices have increased more than the $1/plate increase in the program.

I used the Retail Therapy buy one get one free coupon at Popcorn Chicken off Culver. They are all kiosk based ordering so I asked the guy how to use the coupon. He looked so upset that I had that coupon and told me something like “order 1 and tell lady!”. Then he yelled angrily in Mandarin to the kitchen staff. My Mandarin isn’t that good so I have no idea what he was telling them to do with my food.

Probably shouldn’t have eaten that chicken lol. In the end they just gave me 1 bag of chicken but I think it was 2 orders in a single bag. I also wanted extra basil but after that guy looked like he wanted to choke me for using the coupon, I didn’t dare ask.

for urban plate subscription, can you order 4 meals once to make a family meal?
They changed the program on 1/1/23. Now it’s $5/month and you get 20% off the entire bill. So definitely not as good as the old subscription. It wasn’t worth it for us anymore so we canceled it.

They changed the program on 1/1/23. Now it’s $5/month and you get 20% off the entire bill. So definitely not as good as the old subscription. It wasn’t worth it for us anymore so we canceled it.
I made a complaint and actually got a call scheduled with the VP of Marketing and Sales... Talked to him for like 30min and he said that based on market research, he's convinces that more people prefer the % off discount vs. the $X fixed price per meal. Told him that myself, friends, and family don't feel that way so I guess we're in the minority. I don't think I convinced him to change it back. I'm sure he knows people won't like it as much but their margins were too low with the $11 plates.

I used the Retail Therapy buy one get one free coupon at Popcorn Chicken off Culver. They are all kiosk based ordering so I asked the guy how to use the coupon. He looked so upset that I had that coupon and told me something like “order 1 and tell lady!”. Then he yelled angrily in Mandarin to the kitchen staff. My Mandarin isn’t that good so I have no idea what he was telling them to do with my food.

Probably shouldn’t have eaten that chicken lol. In the end they just gave me 1 bag of chicken but I think it was 2 orders in a single bag. I also wanted extra basil but after that guy looked like he wanted to choke me for using the coupon, I didn’t dare ask.

That's just how Popcorn Chicken is. I honestly prefer 2 orders in a single bag, less packaging waste.

Honestly still prefer the taste to Dave's and it's half the price if you care about saving money.

I made a complaint and actually got a call scheduled with the VP of Marketing and Sales... Talked to him for like 30min and he said that based on market research, he's convinces that more people prefer the % off discount vs. the $X fixed price per meal. Told him that myself, friends, and family don't feel that way so I guess we're in the minority. I don't think I convinced him to change it back. I'm sure he knows people won't like it as much but their margins were too low with the $11 plates.

I totally agree with you. I have been ordering less UP as a consequence, and definitely less salmon/steak plates. Oh well.

Very interesting. When they first tried to change this at some point in early 2022 I canceled it and they sent me a survey to fill out, which I did. About a month later they said that due to feedback they were going to go back to the normal plate for $10/month with no meal costing more than $10. So people must have canceled their subscription in droves. Like you said he is feeding you BS. There is no way the economics for the customer are better under the new plan vs the old plan.

Back