iPhone 8 News

USCTrojanCPA said:
I'm waiting until Dec when I hit my 1 year mark to upgrade to the iPhone X.  My 7plus battery is beginning to die faster and faster plus more and more butt dials.

What version of iOS are you running?

There is a known issue with battery drain on iOS 11.

Yeah people are saying get the 8 or 8 plus. The 8 plus is very similar to the X without facial recognition. (According to sales people I talked to and videos on YouTube that I watched)

But finally the 8s and the X have wireless charging.

We're getting awfully close to "peak tech" IMHO. Why spend $1k for an X when a 6, 7, or 8 will do? What "new thing" will be in the iPhone11/Galaxy 9 that really will drive you to buy?

If Samsung releases a bendable Note, or a dual screen thin unit that's thin and light enough, that's going to be the thing to buy.  https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/12/16293578/samsung-foldable-phone-2018-galaxy-note If solid state battery breakthroughs happen soon, there could be another big tech wave coming. Until then, it's likely to be just more ho-hum features rolled out like talking emoji's which isn't a huge reason to upgrade.

My .02c

SGIP

I think the X was dumb.

The Home button defined the style and UI center of the iPhone. Sure, people will get used to the X UI moves but the point is for the next few years, the majority will be on the Home button-centric hardware so why stray away from that? Even CarPlay has a Home button icon on its interface.

Since the X was supposed to be a 10-year anniversary model, Apple should just cut bait and go back to refining their tried & true design. Make the Home button smaller/shorter to maximize the screen but still keep TouchID. Or find some way to incorporate into the screen and keep fingerprint id.

Anybody use the third party iPhone flash drive?
I think with this option it easy to transfer photos without connecting the wire to a computer. (let?s say on a trip your phone is full and you didn?t bring your laptop)

I have a SanDisk wireless drive that does this. It?s the size of a usb flash stick with its own WiFi network to transfer files from phone to drive.

You can also stream videos from it to your devices.

irvinehomeowner said:
I have a SanDisk wireless drive that does this. It?s the size of a usb flash stick with its own WiFi network to transfer files from phone to drive.

You can also stream videos from it to your devices.

In other words no need to upgrade to 256gb.

Back