iPhone 7

irvinehomeowner said:
ps9 said:
No iPhone, BBY fail!
I think I noted this back when the 4 came out, BBY is the worst at fulfillment. The best way is through Apple and then the carrier stores.

My phone came as promised but I missed the delivery. Verizon wouldn't let me hold the item at FedEx until they made the first delivery attempt. :(

#FirstWorldProblems

13m sold in 3 days... breaking the already ridiculous 10m record from the iPhone 6/6+.

Poor Samsung. This is crazy... I like Apple but I do want other brands to do well because it spurs innovation (HTC might also make their phones look like iPhones).

I've had the 6s since Friday.

If you already have a 6, it's really not much different -- unless you're on AT&T or T-Mobile. There are a couple of additional GSM LTE bands supported, but neither are on Verizon nor Sprint. So expect slightly better coverage, zippier performance, much nicer front facing camera. The 3D touch trick isn't very compelling. Live Photos are really cool but man do they suck up space.

irvinehomeowner said:
13m sold in 3 days... breaking the already ridiculous 10m record from the iPhone 6/6+.

Poor Samsung. This is crazy... I like Apple but I do want other brands to do well because it spurs innovation (HTC might also make their phones look like iPhones).

Not quite the proper comparison:

The comparison to last year's iPhone sales, however, is not apples-to-apples, Ives said. China alone likely added 2 million to 2.5 million units to the launch total this year, he said.

Apple launched the iPhone 6S on Friday in 12 countries, compared with 10 for the iPhone 6. The big addition this year was China. The other launch countries were Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Singapore, the U.K. and the U.S.

Investors appeared unimpressed with Apple's iPhone 6S sales figure. Apple stock was down 1%, near 113, in morning trading on the stock market today, though the major indexes were all down more than 1% or nearly 1%.
http://news.investors.com/technology-click/092815-772962-apple-reports-record-iphone-6s-sales.htm

Also, you can't compare Apple to Samsung directly.  Samsung sell a lot but it's just a portion of the Android market.

http://www.businessinsider.com/gartner-global-smartphone-market-grows-19-percent-samsung-shrinks-emerging-markets-2015-5?r=UK&IR=T

I have to say the with the new financing programs with the carriers and apple, the yearly cycle is sustainable. 

Heh... China or not... 13m is still impressive.

What I find interesting is TMobile actually revolutionized all this no contract, no subsidy, frequent upgrade stuff.

Now only if they can improve their coverage (I'm hoping the Extended LTE will help).

So I'm still on Verizon but has anyone made the switch to another carrier with great results?  I still love the coverage but obviously I hate the pricing.  Their plans just suck.  I had to call in to get discounts on each line plus just bought the new Plus for the wifey which we now pay monthly for.  $850.. I think I'm done with buying new new phones.. will probably just buy the older models.  Wonder if phone sales will suffer or at least their margins.

I'm getting my iPhone 6s plus (128) today. 500 from att with two year contact. I don't get a new phone every year, every two years. The good thing is that I get 21% off my monthly bill from an player u haven't been at for over 8 years.  So for unlimited data I pay $65/month all in

qwerty said:
I'm getting my iPhone 6s plus (128) today. 500 from att with two year contact. I don't get a new phone every year, every two years. The good thing is that I get 21% off my monthly bill from an player u haven't been at for over 8 years.  So for unlimited data I pay $65/month all in

How are you gonna fit that monster in your pocket Q!?

And please don't answer that how I think you're going to answer that.

irvinehomeowner said:

Android is a joke compared to ios.  There's a reason why Google gives it away for free.  If you don't want to pay $750 for a new iPhone, just get an older iPhone model.  I'd rather use an iPhone 4s than any Android product of any vintage.  As IHO points out, it's good Samsung etal tries to copy everything Apple does (albeit not very successfully) so this pushes Apple to keep on innovating.  Innovators are always superior to imitators.

That Plus is huge.. and most of my guy friends that have it don't put it in their pockets.. it's always laying out.. and dropping.  ;).  Make sure you get that screen protector. 

Soylent Red has needed a new iPhone for some time. Her battery goes from 100% to zero in less than 1hr just sitting there. She's willing to wait until first week of November to get an iPhone 6S in Rose Gold - Big Red's current quote time for delivery. Oh what the faithful will submit themselves to.... At least she's also getting $300 or so (I forget) off of a new iPad by going through Verizon. Not a bad deal.

Meanwhile, I got my Note 5 with it's built in Apple Pencil, better camera, better voice recognition and translation, better screen, etc. simply walking into the local Verizon store and leaving with the unit within the half hour. Yes, I know I'm just throwing a grenade into the room. Just curious to see who wants to fall on top of it.....

Have to say the Note's camera really has been impressive relative not to the iPhone, but to my prior G3. It's been a while since my last upgrade and I guess across the entire smartphone spectrum the cameras really have improved.

aquabliss said:
qwerty said:

How are you gonna fit that monster in your pocket Q!?

And please don't answer that how I think you're going to answer that.

Gonna carry it in a fanny pack or customized alligator skin messenger bag  :)

At sgip - att told me it was shipping between 10/16 and 10/23 and then got the email saying it was coming today.

We're not ready to move back to ATT. Soylent Red has had an iPhone 1 through 5, the first one compelled to use ATT. The terrible memories of dropped calls and crappy customer service versus getting a phone earlier than Verizon is promising just isn't enough of an incentive to make the switch back to ATT.

Congrats on the new device. Post photos if you can. Haven't seen one in the wild yet.

The only non-iPhone I would get would be the Galaxy Note (the 4 not the 5... the one advantage of Android phones was the replaceable battery and SD card... which they are moving away from).

I have the previous gen Note (before big phones became all the rage).

@sgip: Don't put your S-Pen into your Note 5 backwards... could cause issues.

Costco has a Verizon promotion.  Free* LG  G pad 10" tablet (*with $150 rebate).  Access fee $10/mo.  Now if they were giving away iPads, I'd be all over this.

irvinehomeowner said:
.. the one advantage of Android phones was the replaceable battery and SD card... which they are moving away from).

Samsung and the other Android providers' only business strategy is imitating Apple.  Your only hope of seeing SD cards and removable batteries on Android flagships in the future is if those features appear on future iPhones.

Back