INFLATION IS OUR FRIEND

I hope you take your medications today. Dont blame me you started this by calling me a sheep. For the record.
Dont play the victim.

sleepy5136 said:
I think it's funny that we complain about $5/gallon for gas. Have you guys ever went to Europe? They are probably close to $10/gallon now. When I was in Iceland and Norway, it was $7-$8/gallon.

Honestly, I don't care if gas gets more expensive. Driving should be a luxury like it is in Singapore. A Toyota Corolla costs 100k USD and the driving permit is around 30k USD. Not factoring in that you need to change cars every 10 years and renew your permit then as well. We will then be forced to build mass transit and follow other first world countries (China/HK/Japan/Taiwan/Europe). If you need a car? Rent one. I honestly hate owning a car and would rather take public transportation if that option was efficient as other first world counterparts. A depreciating asset is a waste of money and time in traffic is a waste of time.

Equality means dragging us all down to equal misery...sounds good.

Anti-carbon Dems won?t be happy until Americans suffer like Europeans

US natural-gas prices have already quadrupled over the past year; prices at the pump are up nearly 50 percent. But the carbon warriors won?t be happy until America is suffering like Europe, where heating costs this year have run six times higher than in 2020, thanks to natural-gas shortages. Those shortages have closed factories and even forced old coal-burning plants out of retirement. Oh, and winter is coming

Throughout Europe, meanwhile, investors won?t build expensive new gas facilities since fossil fuel is taboo. That?s left the EU dependent on shipments from Russia, which limits them for economic and political reasons. President Vladimir Putin just sniffed at Europe?s crisis as ?the result of their persistent actions. . . . I hope we?ll see some corrections now? ? a clear sign he thinks they?re at his mercy.

It?s insane: All the carbon warriors? measures combined won?t ?save the planet? from climate change (which is hardly the urgent apocalyptic threat alarmists claim, in any case). The only result of this pseudo-religious crusade is to make ordinary people suffer.

https://nypost.com/2021/10/16/anti-carbon-dems-wont-be-happy-until-america-suffers-like-europe/

@sleepy:

Good public transpo would be great... but in America, people love to own/drive cars (which makes self-driving a bit of an hyprocisy).

Also with Covid, owning your own safe bubblemobile helps.

All one has to do to refute the arguments that promote government run public transportation is to point to the "High Speed Rail" boondoggle project.

The funny thing is public transpo in the US works, it's just not as convenient as other countries.

There isn't one city I've visited in my Kids Tour Across America where I haven't been able to figure out how to get where I need to without a car. I guess having a phone makes it easier than before.

So we just need to get everyone iPhones. :)

irvinehomeowner said:
The funny thing is public transpo in the US works, it's just not as convenient as other countries.

There isn't one city I've visited in my Kids Tour Across America where I haven't been able to figure out how to get where I need to without a car. I guess having a phone makes it easier than before.

So we just need to get everyone iPhones. :)

California already has that program.

Yes, I?m serious, it?s the California Lifeline program for qualified households.

You can qualify for California LifeLine if you or another person in your household is enrolled in any one of these qualifying public assistance programs:

Medicaid/Medi-Cal
Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
Federal Public Housing Assistance or Section 8
CalFresh, Food Stamps or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
Women, Infants and Children Program (WIC)
National School Lunch Program (NSL)
Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs)
Stanislaus County Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (StanWORKs)
Welfare-to-Work (WTW)
Greater Avenues for Independence (GAIN)
Tribal TANF
Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
Head Start Income Eligible (Tribal Only)
Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
Federal Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit Program

morekaos said:
Certainly policy and tenure of this administration has contributed mightily in a real and perceived way. Whether you believe that or not, the electorate will. Other administrations would at least try to address the pricing ( release oil from the SPR or open investigations into evil oil companies) but this douche likes high energy costs?he thinks it will save the planet.  However, producers do take cues from policy and they will be slow to increase domestic production to ease supply so prices will continue this ascent for now.

Told Ya...the cost will be political and it will hurt...(whether the blame is true or not)...

62% of American voters blame Biden and his policies for increasing inflation, another dire poll for the president shows
Americans are pointing a finger at President Joe Biden's policies when asked what's responsible for the rising inflation

A Politico/Morning Consult poll released Wednesday found that 62 per cent of registered voters assigned a lot or some blame to Biden administration policies
In the same poll, just 38 per cent of voters, including seven in 10 Democrats, said the U.S. was moving in the right track
That survey had Biden's approval rating at 45 per cent, with 52 per cent disapproving
That being said, 45 per cent of respondents said they'd vote for a Democratic candidate in the 2022 elections, over the 40 per cent who chose Repubican

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10112865/62-U-S-voters-blame-Biden-policies-increasing-inflation.html

Back