[IHB] Portola Springs: Indigo Neighborhood Review

This is basically Caserta at CV. I'm very surprised Residence 3 starts at a higher price than existing 3s at CV, given that Indigo is in PS.

irvinetabby said:
This is basically Caserta at CV. I'm very surprised Residence 3 starts at a higher price than existing 3s at CV, given that Indigo is in PS.

Indigo's plan 3x base price is less than Caserta at $709,000.  Caserta is something like $725,000

Indigo is in PS III, how about the soil contamination concern? also the high school near cemetery and prison (to be expanded with violent crime offenders)?  Many friends complain PS is far, minimum 30 mins (one way) to get to central Irvine, it is practically Lake Forest land. My friend was out walking with her 2 little ones in broad daylight last summer, all of a sudden they were surrounded by 5 coyotes, she immediately called 911, my God!!!. She said residents practically don't take walks in the neighborhood anymore, if they do, they always bring a stick with them!! If you add soil concern, toxic high school concern, cost of the fuel, the time traveling, cemetery, coyotes (two of my friends toddlers actually got bitten in their garage just last summer!!!). I heard they are not selling well, the price discount, seems not deep enough for all these concerns.

IrvineRes88 said:
Indigo is in PS III, how about the soil contamination concern? also the high school near cemetery and prison (to be expanded with violent crime offenders)?  Many friends complain PS is far, minimum 30 mins (one way) to get to central Irvine, it is practically Lake Forest land. My friend was out walking with her 2 little ones in broad daylight last summer, all of a sudden they were surrounded by 5 coyotes, she immediately called 911, my God!!!. She said residents practically don't take walks in the neighborhood anymore, if they do, they always bring a stick with them!! If you add soil concern, toxic high school concern, cost of the fuel, the time traveling, cemetery, coyotes (two of my friends toddlers actually got bitten in their garage just last summer!!!). I heard they are not selling well, the price discount, seems not deep enough for all these concerns.

Not sure if you are really being serious?

IrvineRes88 said:

Five Points will relocate the proposed cemetery near the 405 and 5 freeways, out of harms way.
The remediation process outlined in the geo report is pretty thorough.  We've all seen the transformation of that area from street level flats to the now 20' elevation homes now sit on.  My god, it took them forever to clear that out.   

I'm sorry to hear about your friends, but if you are afraid of coyotes, then you should probably avoid most of Irvine (and South County). Otherwise, you need to be aware of your surroundings like the rest of us.

Coyotes are only in Portola Springs, they are not seen throughout Irvine or south county. We lived in Irvine over 20 years, just recently moved back after being away for 5 years, never seen a coyotes in the 20 years we lived here. Also the friend that just moved to PS, have also lived in Irvine (Westpark area) over 15 years, never seen coyotes prior to Portola Springs. It is due to where PS is located, coyotes' habitat has been taken away.

IrvineRes88 said:
Coyotes are only in Portola Springs, they are not seen throughout Irvine or south county. We lived in Irvine over 20 years, just recently moved back after being away for 5 years, never seen a coyotes in the 20 years we lived here. Also the friend that just moved to PS, have also lived in Irvine (Westpark area) over 15 years, never seen coyotes prior to Portola Springs. It is due to where PS is located, coyotes' habitat has been taken away

This is 100% FALSE. I was born and raised in Irvine and there have always been coyotes in Irvine. I remember seeing them in broad daylight in quail hill along with bobcats and numerous other wildlife species. I don't know where in Irvine you lived, but the statement that there are only coyotes in PS is not true.

Definitely seen coyotes in Quail Hill when I lived there years ago, I go to work early, left the house at 430am and there was a coyote staring me in the face right outside my door.  See more at night than during the day when I was there, gf at the time had a small dog and was afraid to walk it at night. 

irviniteeee said:
IrvineRes88 said:
Coyotes are only in Portola Springs, they are not seen throughout Irvine or south county. We lived in Irvine over 20 years, just recently moved back after being away for 5 years, never seen a coyotes in the 20 years we lived here. Also the friend that just moved to PS, have also lived in Irvine (Westpark area) over 15 years, never seen coyotes prior to Portola Springs. It is due to where PS is located, coyotes' habitat has been taken away

This is 100% FALSE. I was born and raised in Irvine and there have always been coyotes in Irvine. I remember seeing them in broad daylight in quail hill along with bobcats and numerous other wildlife species. I don't know where in Irvine you lived, but the statement that there are only coyotes in PS is not true.

IrvineRes88 said:
Coyotes are only in Portola Springs, they are not seen throughout Irvine or south county. We lived in Irvine over 20 years, just recently moved back after being away for 5 years, never seen a coyotes in the 20 years we lived here. Also the friend that just moved to PS, have also lived in Irvine (Westpark area) over 15 years, never seen coyotes prior to Portola Springs. It is due to where PS is located, coyotes' habitat has been taken away.

Wrong...coyotes go where the food is. 

I've personally seen coyotes in Tustin Ranch, Woodbury, Northwood, Newport Coast, Foothill Ranch, Aliso Viejo and Lake Forest.  They like the rabbits.  Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they aren't there.     

IrvineRes88 said:
I grew up in Woodbridge, Coyotes existed than back 30 years ago and I can remember plenty of neighbors who had a pet cat or small dog "dissapear".  I don't live in Turtle Rock but had an aunt who did and they had coyotes (shouldn't be a surprise to anyone).  OH absolutely has them, I live right in that general vicinity and am in the area all the time. See them on the toll road there, see them run across the street at night...have seen them come across the street over by the marketplace (BJ's area) at times as well. 

Now Woodbridge might have less now that the surrounding areas are further developed, but it isn't just a PS problem, however, it is clearly going to be a bigger issue if you live anywhere with more general wilderness area around it (and quite frankly build on areas which were previously their land). 

Yeah, they're everywhere. Speaking of Tustin Ranch, as someone mentioned, I saw a coyote around 5pm last week carrying a dead cat across Jamboree. I had to honk for it to move because I was coming quick.

Patty O Furniture said:
aquabliss said:
All the TV's in these models have a box around them.  Weird.

LOL...that's a weird thing to comment on.
I've noticed it in quite a few models (not just PS models)...kind of the "picture" frame aspect to the flat screen tv's. Presume it also covers up any wires that you could see from the side angles. 

That said, no idea on whether the poster was commenting on it as a negative or positive or what. 

IrvineRes88 said:

You are probably the most negative person I've witnessed on these boards.  What's your end goal exactly?

paydawg said:
IrvineRes88 said:

You are probably the most negative person I've witnessed on these boards.  What's your end goal exactly?

Looks like FUD or sour grapes.

Irvine is a really nice place to live, work and send your kids to school.

Speaking of coyotes, I saw one couple months back on harbor blvd and 405 off ramp, visiting hooters I'm sure, so coyotes aren't confined to the hills

Back