[IHB] Closed Sales from 5/3/2012 to 5/9/2012

I think RKP cant RIP and he is frustrated because he can't find a positive validation and reason for his $1m risk. I can positively guarantee that same $1m for a dated looking home in Turtle Rock will have much greater appreciation and enjoyment for the long term. Better yet a $1m small in-filled  cottage in CDM is my best bet. Who really need a 3,500 sf to live in when there are only 2.5 people. It is the classic poor man new found money syndrome who can't wait to show off his new palace.

you seriously think a tract home in irvine is a palace?  and who exactly am i showing off to?  i drive a 2002 camry with 100K miles.

any way, i get what you are saying.  i am not looking for appreciation and even thats debatable on TR vs newer irvine.  more importantly, enjoyment for long term - i can guarantee you that it will not come where ever i live and what my house looks like.  maybe for you but not for me. 

Rkp has got a point!

Even though I live where I live and bought what I bought, I can see some reasons why a person would be interested in the new construction. Actually, I can think of a huge one: It's called "Convenience". If you are a busy working professional or your time is tied up with kids, I could definitely see the appeal in buying new. Remove the headache. Tear up the To-Do list. It isn't all roses buying a resale. For example, I had a shitty experience when I moved in where I realized I had to replace the entire kitchen. I don't talk about it much because it is still a touchy subject that brings up bad feelings. If you anticipate it, that's one thing, but that wasn't the case here. I learned a long time ago that some people will pay for convenience. I can't blame them. Having new systems, new plumbing, new everything - I like the idea. The cons outweighed the pros for me but for some it is worth it.

wow your financial success in the inverse ratio of your buying wisdom. If you are daring enough then let's start a poll and see if this is a wise choice to spend well over a $ 1m cash. Seems like you will win since there will only be just a few of us trolls to vote no on buying a house next to a landfill with 2.5 million google searches By using these two words " landfill" "health risks".

irvinehomeshopper said:
I think RKP cant RIP and he is frustrated because he can't find a positive validation and reason for his $1m risk. I can positively guarantee that same $1m for a dated looking home in Turtle Rock will have much greater appreciation and enjoyment for the long term. Better yet a $1m small in-filled  cottage in CDM is my best bet. Who really need a 3,500 sf to live in when there are only 2.5 people. It is the classic poor man new found money syndrome who can't wait to show off his new palace.
rkp said:
guys - what is your point?  you bought long ago and good for you.  my lifestyle literally will not change one bit if we live in irvine or south county even though we might have some more money in the bank if we buy in south county...i bet many people are in similar boats so what is that you are trying to say or do here?  help people avoid these crappy products?  ok then show an alternative or provide a suggestion.  constantly knocking the crappy product wont do anyone good. 

i really am lost now on what your point is.  you are wiser and smarter and richer.  cool.  you hate the new products and think people are crazy for buying them. ok.  but still dont get what you are trying to accomplish.  if its help you are offering, sure doesnt feel like it.

i am 32, have 2 college funds locked away, have no debt, have enough to buy the irvine houses we are looking at with cash, and continue to live the lifestyle we are used to on my income alone.  this isnt with mommy and daddy money and i am proud of what my wife and i have achieved.  my dream would be LR floorplans and LR pricing in a quail hill location.  that doesnt exist.  if you have advice or help to offer, great.  but for the most part, you guys just keep trolling.

quote author=rkp link=topic=2672.msg39841#msg39841 date=1336776198]
guys - what is your point?  you bought long ago and good for you.  my lifestyle literally will not change one bit if we live in irvine or south county even though we might have some more money in the bank if we buy in south county...i bet many people are in similar boats so what is that you are trying to say or do here?  help people avoid these crappy products?  ok then show an alternative or provide a suggestion.  constantly knocking the crappy product wont do anyone good. 

i really am lost now on what your point is.  you are wiser and smarter and richer.  cool.  you hate the new products and think people are crazy for buying them. ok.  but still dont get what you are trying to accomplish.  if its help you are offering, sure doesnt feel like it.

i am 32, have 2 college funds locked away, have no debt, have enough to buy the irvine houses we are looking at with cash, and continue to live the lifestyle we are used to on my income alone.  this isnt with mommy and daddy money and i am proud of what my wife and i have achieved.  my dream would be LR floorplans and LR pricing in a quail hill location.  that doesnt exist.  if you have advice or help to offer, great.  but for the most part, you guys just keep trolling.
[/quote]

Why don't you buy one of those big lot single story homes in El Camino and hire an architect to design a home for you and get a custom home built for $150/sf . $525k for a 3,500sf and $600k for a tear down Net you $1.125m and you will get your dream Taj Mahal with exact specifications to fit your lifestyle. No HOA,MR, health risk and 5 neighbors sharing your yard.

rkp said:

Patrick J. Star said:
rkp said:
its great that your are $250K richer but my point and i hope you get this is that within the valley, many people think porter ranch is outskirts and that a bunch of asians, indians, and persians are crazy for buying there.  and just like irvine to south OC, you could have lived in simi valley which is literally 10 more minutes away from LA and would have saved about $50-75 per sq ft.  i think you posted your house was around 2500 so thats $125K-187K difference...not pocket change.  or you could have gotten a tiny house with no views in sherman oaks, an area considered much better than porter ranch just like newport to irvine.

you can always save $$$ and sometimes serious amounts of cash for similar product that happens to be very close.  heck my wife and i work from home...we can save crazy amount and buy a house outright in corona with the amount we are ready to put down in irvine.  you didnt choose porter ranch randomly, there was a reason to go there and not other parts of the valley.  in same case, many people value certain neighborhoods and there is nothing wrong with.

I totally get what you are saying, and you are right.  And you make some good comparisons of Porter Ranch (Irvine) to Simi Valley (Ladera) or Sherman Oaks/Encino (Newport).  And you are right, we made our choice because it IS the Irvine of this area --- detested by neighboring communities but reflective of the demographics we wanted to live near.  Safe and yes, "good schools" (I mean that in the wink, nod sort of way --- but the API is great too).  I say to people on here to look elsewhere for alternatives, but yeah --- I should practice what I preach.  We looked all over the neighboring communites of Irvine and decided that rather than selecting one of those we would transfer our lives 65 miles north.  So yes --- the only place we really wanted around there was Irvine, Tustin Ranch, or Newport Coast/Beach ---- but refused to settle for what we could afford there. 

So I get why you want to live in Irvine, and why you just really don't want to settle for other communities if that's where your heart is.  Maybe I just feel bad that you guys have to pay that much for it, and will have to compromise on the house.  I just hate to see anyone pay $1M for a house that 5 adjacent homes can see into the backyard.  But if that is the going price, that's it I guess.  I'll shut up about it now.  You made a good point, and I'll acknowledge that.  Good luck.  And remember, as long as you are happy with, it does not matter what anybody on the internet thinks.

QFDF.

Reactions: rkp
I still don't know what rkp is crying about. For the most part, I've stopped discussing specific villages (because I know that hurts people's feelings), also we've gone over those topics about 200x (motorcourts, value, etc). Irvine real estate is honestly very boring at the moment. All I ever did was agree with IHS about the "value of land" which isn't as big a determinant in local prices as one might think.

Now I supposedly "hate irvine" and name drop old, white guys so I can kick it with the cool kids. Can't win on this savage board known as TalkIrvine, it's attack or be attacked. :D

It is just too bad the newer developments have more negatives than positives. I think we should join RC in the high tech gadget thread and use the saved time in doing more productive things like making money.

i am not crying buddy.  look back at thread.  i was just trying to give some credit to the cost of land...thats it...no opinion on value or worth but literally said: land cost does and dictates the price much more

any way, some good points are coming up like why not buy el camino and do tear down or remodel a TR house.  it comes down to kids and  being in an area with lots of little ones running around.  one of my friends lives in wagon wheel and we love going to his house and seeing the ENTIRE street decorated in chalk and kids running in and out of each others garages.  when we toured LR, all we saw were kids and young couples in the field models. 

our friends live in el camino and didnt do exactly as IHS suggested but bought an old small house backing culver and made it gorgeous inside.  it still backs culver which seems much worse than living a mile from the edge of a landfill but thats a different issue.  they constantly talk about how their isnt a single young couple in their hood and no kiddies for their newborn to grow up with. 

i will honestly take a hard look at what you suggested cause i am not set in stone in any of these decisions but we have a desire to be around lots of kids and i think TR and el camino just doesnt have that element.

rkp said:
i am not crying buddy.  look back at thread.  i was just trying to give some credit to the cost of land...thats it...no opinion on value or worth but literally said: land cost does and dictates the price much more

I'm not talking about that smart guy, I'm talking about you coming out and making it like I'm trashing Irvine, or "attacking" the city.

Pat J Star - i never thought of you when i said hate irvine - that was purely IHS and indie.  no need to be angry at me...

When did I express any hate towards the city? It's like your insinuating that I can't have a valid opinion about land value because of some "imagined" hate for Irvine that you're attributing to me. I'm simply stating facts; landfills, former military bases, and ground with contaminated ground water is generally bottom of the barrel when it comes to land value. Does that mean I "hate" Irvine? I don't think it does. I've lived here a lot longer than you have, and have been involved in this community for a long time, I think it entitles me to have an opinion once in a while.

The funny thing is, in private you act totally different. "Oh hey Indie, i'm trying to start a business, I know you know some people locally, help me out dude!", and against my better judgement because you sometimes act like an emotional spaz, I try and help you out. It seems kind of two-faced to me.

But on the board, you constantly cry about me, like I'm insulting your family. All I ask is that you take your prozac before you log onto the TI board, so I don't have to take the brunt of your emotional swings.  ;)

Well then consider yourself lucky that your opinion isn't at the top of my list of things to consider during my day, because I'm neither bringing up his private interactions to make myself or anyone feel bad or good, simply to prove a point that rkp is two-faced and behaves drastically different between PMs, and the way he acts on the board.

Oh, and ban away if that offends you, the cry baby brigade has become tiresome.

In fact, I'll make it easy for you. I've helped connect people on here with local financial advisers, business people, attorneys to help out various members who have asked for help. I've given free advice to people privately who have come to me talking about their losses in the market, whether a home is a good deal or not, without asking for any fee, just because I want to be part of the community and help people out. It doesn't seem to be repaid with any genuine thanks (of any sort as proven by rkp's behavior), which I find funny for those receiving a free gift. In fact, like with rkp, he simply pretends to be nice in private, asking for help, then turns the tables when he's in front of the cheer leaders.

That's not productive for me, and I don't gain anything from those type of transactions, monetarily, spiritually, or otherwise. That makes this forum sort of poisonous to me in a way, because I start to distrust the character and intention of others, and I don't want to view people with that type of perception. I didn't make it this far in the business world by distrusting people, and viewing them as adversaries. I became wealthy be creating relationships, and leveraging those friendships for mutual benefit. That's not how it's been on TI.

I've made some friendships on here, and made some internet enemies, it's all been in good fun, but I think my time on this forum has come to an end. It's simply not worth the effort anymore, especially when people throw your help right back into your face so nonchalantly.

Pat Star, USCTrojan, IHS, and the few others who I got along with, I wish you all the best, glad you all found places to call home.

To the others; keep searching, buy when it makes sense to you, don't let anyone's opinion dictate where you live, find out for yourself.

Adios, the breeze is light, and it's 65 degrees out. It's a good time to be alive.  8)

IndieDev! I can't believe you stole my "Baby Irvine" avitar on Talk Irvine! How could you do this to me? Shame on you!

IndieDev... Please don't leave. I like you.  8)

IndieDev said:
Well then consider yourself lucky that your opinion isn't at the top of my list of things to consider during my day, because I'm neither bringing up his private interactions to make myself or anyone feel bad or good, simply to prove a point that rkp is two-faced and behaves drastically different between PMs, and the way he acts on the board.

Oh, and ban away if that offends you, the cry baby brigade has become tiresome.

In fact, I'll make it easy for you. I've helped connect people on here with local financial advisers, business people, attorneys to help out various members who have asked for help. I've given free advice to people privately who have come to me talking about their losses in the market, whether a home is a good deal or not, without asking for any fee, just because I want to be part of the community and help people out. It doesn't seem to be repaid with any genuine thanks (of any sort as proven by rkp's behavior), which I find funny for those receiving a free gift. In fact, like with rkp, he simply pretends to be nice in private, asking for help, then turns the tables when he's in front of the cheer leaders.

That's not productive for me, and I don't gain anything from those type of transactions, monetarily, spiritually, or otherwise. That makes this forum sort of poisonous to me in a way, because I start to distrust the character and intention of others, and I don't want to view people with that type of perception. I didn't make it this far in the business world by distrusting people, and viewing them as adversaries. I became wealthy be creating relationships, and leveraging those friendships for mutual benefit. That's not how it's been on TI.

I've made some friendships on here, and made some internet enemies, it's all been in good fun, but I think my time on this forum has come to an end. It's simply not worth the effort anymore, especially when people throw your help right back into your face so nonchalantly.

Pat Star, USCTrojan, IHS, and the few others who I got along with, I wish you all the best, glad you all found places to call home.

To the others; keep searching, buy when it makes sense to you, don't let anyone's opinion dictate where you live, find out for yourself.

Adios, the breeze is light, and it's 65 degrees out. It's a good time to be alive.  8)

MotorCourt... man...! What's wrong with you? I've got my little boy here.. Can you please keep this thread PG?

The Motor Court Company said:
kalbi is going to miss her douche lord  :'(

IndieDev said:

Why even teach these guys to be smarter. Our time is valuable. Read your PM.

IndieDev said:
rkp said:

I'm not talking about that smart guy, I'm talking about you coming out and making it like I'm trashing Irvine, or "attacking" the city.

Pat J Star - i never thought of you when i said hate irvine - that was purely IHS and indie.  no need to be angry at me...

When did I express any hate towards the city? It's like your insinuating that I can't have a valid opinion about land value because of some "imagined" hate for Irvine that you're attributing to me. I'm simply stating facts; landfills, former military bases, and ground with contaminated ground water is generally bottom of the barrel when it comes to land value. Does that mean I "hate" Irvine? I don't think it does. I've lived here a lot longer than you have, and have been involved in this community for a long time, I think it entitles me to have an opinion once in a while.

The funny thing is, in private you act totally different. "Oh hey Indie, i'm trying to start a business, I know you know some people locally, help me out dude!", and against my better judgement because you sometimes act like an emotional spaz, I try and help you out. It seems kind of two-faced to me.

But on the board, you constantly cry about me, like I'm insulting your family. All I ask is that you take your prozac before you log onto the TI board, so I don't have to take the brunt of your emotional swings.  ;)

IndieDev - I read this thread over from the beginning to see where I caused you to be so offended and think that I am a spaz, emotionally unbalanced, two faced and act different privately than publicly.  The only thing I said that was personal was that you and IHS hate irvine.  For that I am sorry and its not fair for me to have said that.  You both do talk about old irvine being better and wish that certain trends weren't continuing.  I really thought I clarified the comment with this post:

you guys really believe that you dont slam irvine more than you praise it?  that you dont pick on people directly for liking something that you think is horrible?  that you dont make noise on issues that dont deserve noise.

I am surprised that you think I am two faced, unappreciative, and insulting.  And I dont get why you keep saying I am crying...that just seems so unproductive and personal.  I honestly never insulted you or IHS, attacked you personally, judged your taste, or tried to come off mean spirited which is generally how i am publicly, privately, and in real life. 

If anything, I have asked you and IHS to stop the meanness and add value and have thanked both of you numerous times when you both do in other threads.  Even in this thread, when IHS started sharing good alternatives vs just knocking how crappy the current products are, I appreciated it and said I would do an honest look.  Real estate, building, architecture, etc are not my natural areas nor my business.  I would have never thought I could build a custom 3000 sq ft home for $500-600K and want to honestly re-evaluate the older neighborhoods of Irvine based on that one comment from IHS because I do think he knows what he is talking about and I am willing to spend the time and energy based on his feedback.  Just like I am on yours as I do value your input and opinion because I do think you are smart, successful, logical.  But I also think both you and IHS tend to be unnecessarily mean and personal.  Like I dont get why you keep saying I am crying.  I am not...read my posts between Pat Star.  He was angry at me and I thought I rationally explained what I meant and it seemed like he understood where I was coming from.  If anything, IHS and IHO argued much more personally than anything I said.

On the meanness you both bring, in this thread specifically, IHS said the following and honestly, I ignore most of it as its noise.  And in fairness, I shouldnt group you both but you both tend to be an echo chamber at times. 

In India people in Mumbai people live next to trash dump and so is China next to industrial wasteland. I think it is just a cultural thing.

we all know stupid kids can't pass the test so we have to pay high land price because we are trying to buy pedigree

You are just not sophicated enough like both of us to have a taste for he finer things.

For Indie he like the water of the Pacific and you prefer the pee projectile from the frogs mouth to a bucket.

Its constantly personal with you guys and thats what I dont appreciate.  I would say the same privately, publicly, and in real life.  When I sent you a PM, I asked for a referral.  I didn't fawn over you or fake anything and I did show gratitude.  I will continue to believe, maybe falsely, that you and IHS are smart and successful folks and can help us youngins. I hope you do stick around because you can add to these forums.

here is a website u can use to see how much IP paid for permits/appraisals for a particular lot of land just to get an idea of what that land is actually worth (without the home on it yet)... i use it to get an  "land value" vs "just the home value" vs "IP sticker value" to see how much donald bren is making from my home alone hahaha... its a great source no matter if ur buying old or new just to get a rough idea...
https://irvinepermits.org/

damn... ya'll got kinda worked up n all personal here... hmm... since u guys are all real wealthy... why dont u guys just do a fight club event in ur next lions club meet n just let it all out =_=;;... goodness...

"dont believe everything you read on internet forums" - abraham lincoln

Back