[IHB] Closed Sales from 5/3/2012 to 5/9/2012

Yeah, I hate Irvine, but I've been friends with Jeffrey Lalloway for nearly a decade, and own a house in one of the more expensive 'hoods in the city where a lot of other Irvine aristocracy live.  Forget this city, I hate it. :D

irvinehomeshopper said:
RKP to correct your statement. Indie and I are rational. We study the logistic, line up our facts, and remove our emotion from something like finding excuses to justifying buying a million dollar property next to landfill, jail, toll road, high fire zone, cell antennas, and burial ground. We are both Irvine homeowners much more seasoned than you in Irvine history. We have seen a lot.

No way IHS. If you don't like TIC and its new residential developments, you hate Irvine. You're either with TIC and RKP or against them. Choose which side of the line you're on, this is clearly a very divisive issue.  :D

you guys really believe that you dont slam irvine more than you praise it?  that you dont pick on people directly for liking something that you think is horrible?  that you dont make noise on issues that dont deserve noise.

i honestly believe that if turtle rock or quail hill were built today exactly as they look, you would find some reason to slam it. 

IndieDev said:
Yeah, I hate Irvine, but I've been friends with Jeffrey Lalloway for nearly a decade, and own a house in one of the more expensive 'hoods in the city where a lot of other Irvine aristocracy live.  Forget this city, I hate it. :D

you pull out the "look how rich i am" card way too often man.  honestly, you should work on that.  and now the name dropping...just sad indie...just sad....

I agree and disagree with rkp.

I do think some members like to bash others for their opinions on Irvine but I don't think Irvine's land is very expensive considering TIC owns it and doesn't have to purchase it like other developers. I do think one of the reasons their own projects are priced so high is because they are trying to exert some control over pricing preservation which is a theory I got from IHS (or his clone) which he will or will not admit depending on if his buddy tells him to or not.

Both Indie and I love Turtle Rock regardless of when it was built. The majestic trees and picturesque quality is deserving of our praises. Nature is about clustering of trees in a curvillinear order and not 15' on center marched in a straight line. If you can tell me a recent project with what I just said then I will praise it. You are just not sophicated enough like both of us to have a taste for he finer things. There is nothing wrong having a Walmart taste for communities and design. There is something for everybody. For Indie he like the water of the Pacific and you prefer the pee projectile from the frogs mouth to a bucket.

rkp said:
you guys really believe that you dont slam irvine more than you praise it?  that you dont pick on people directly for liking something that you think is horrible?  that you dont make noise on issues that dont deserve noise.

i honestly believe that if turtle rock or quail hill were built today exactly as they look, you would find some reason to slam it. 

irvinehomeshopper said:
Nature is about clustering of trees in a curvillinear order and not 15' on center marched in a straight line. If you can tell me a recent project with what I just said then I will praise it.

Are there any recent projects anywhere like that? I too am a huge fan of Turtle Rock but I haven't seen anything recent like that.

Reactions: rkp
LAtoOC said:
I will take the bait though and call BS on IHS having money. He can only live in Santa Ana, had to take a bailout...
What I don't understand is I remember IHS commenting he doesn't have to make mortgage payments like Indy... so then why did he have to get a loan mod?

I never said I am rich. I only said I provides good life for my family so my spouse could stay home and not having to labor over a mortgage for the rest of our lives.

LAtoOC said:
rkp - This link should help you out with regards to Indie/IHS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

I will take the bait though and call BS on IHS having money. He can only live in Santa Ana, had to take a bailout AND he was unable to get his daughter into whatever school he wanted.

This should be fun.

Greed! More money to buy another home. Pay off my office building. Cash to spend at the courthouse steps and money for my kids college education. Take advantage of the foreclosure homes in the market. Take advantage of the next Asian infiltration location by buying cheap now and hold.

Thanks IHO and other taxpayers money!

irvinehomeowner said:
LAtoOC said:
I will take the bait though and call BS on IHS having money. He can only live in Santa Ana, had to take a bailout...
What I don't understand is I remember IHS commenting he doesn't have to make mortgage payments like Indy... so then why did he have to get a loan mod?

irvinehomeshopper said:
Greed! More money to buy another home. Pay off my office building. Cash to spend at the courthouse steps and money for my kids college education. Take advantage of the foreclosure homes in the market. Take advantage of the next Asian infiltration location buy cheap now and hold.

irvinehomeowner said:
LAtoOC said:
Uh... you don't get it.

If you didn't have a mortgage payment... what loan do you need to mod?

And are you saying you own an office building now?

I mean pay down not pay off my office building. I own my business building.

irvinehomeowner said:
irvinehomeshopper said:
Greed! More money to buy another home. Pay off my office building. Cash to spend at the courthouse steps and money for my kids college education. Take advantage of the foreclosure homes in the market. Take advantage of the next Asian infiltration location buy cheap now and hold.

irvinehomeowner said:
LAtoOC said:
Uh... you don't get it.

I am confused where did you pull this from?

irvinehomeowner said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

irvinehomeowner said:
LAtoOC said:
Uh... you don't get it.

Yes, My business is in a building I own. If I could use more of Obama's proposed plans I would. Now I just have to find a clever way to use my food stamps at Gelsons. I know life isn't fair when I just know how to milk the system better than most.

irvinehomeowner said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

irvinehomeowner said:
LAtoOC said:
Uh... you don't get it.

IHS is truly an aristocrat at heart. The way he thinks, and presents himself is inherently wealthy. I would not question his claims, because money can't buy you class, and IHS has both in droves.  :D

rkp said:
IndieDev said:

you pull out the "look how rich i am" card way too often man.  honestly, you should work on that.  and now the name dropping...just sad indie...just sad....

Oh now I don't only hate Irvine, I also name drop boring white male attorneys to be popular.

C'mon rkp, let out all your Irvine home hunting frustrations, what else am I guilty of?  :D

Indie, I understand you and I am in the same boat. We both have properties in Irvine and we both know we can live much better in other areas that could enrich our lives. I am not smart as you in finance and it's academic but I know I would not hand over my money knowing that I am being robbed.

We may be perceived as trolls just like a friend I dealt with recently on addiction. This friend hated what I said about the addiction is ruining her life and her family. I was mean in her point of view and did not take the criticisms well.

guys - what is your point?  you bought long ago and good for you.  my lifestyle literally will not change one bit if we live in irvine or south county even though we might have some more money in the bank if we buy in south county...i bet many people are in similar boats so what is that you are trying to say or do here?  help people avoid these crappy products?  ok then show an alternative or provide a suggestion.  constantly knocking the crappy product wont do anyone good. 

i really am lost now on what your point is.  you are wiser and smarter and richer.  cool.  you hate the new products and think people are crazy for buying them. ok.  but still dont get what you are trying to accomplish.  if its help you are offering, sure doesnt feel like it.

i am 32, have 2 college funds locked away, have no debt, have enough to buy the irvine houses we are looking at with cash, and continue to live the lifestyle we are used to on my income alone.  this isnt with mommy and daddy money and i am proud of what my wife and i have achieved.  my dream would be LR floorplans and LR pricing in a quail hill location.  that doesnt exist.  if you have advice or help to offer, great.  but for the most part, you guys just keep trolling.

Back