ICE or EV?

Which car(s) will you be buying next?

• ICE ICE Baby (morekaos dinosaur option)

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • EV forEVa (unicorns for all)

Votes: 21 60.0%
  • PHEV (I still have range anxiety)

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Hybrid (can't plug in yet)

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Alternative fuel (Hydrogen, vegetable oil, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
again, you missed the point. I wouldn’t buy either and I could. 🤷🏽‍♂️😆😆😆
That we can agree on, many misses your point because many of your posts are pointless

So what that you could afford them, so can many here. Again, pointless.

Ferrari is the only car company worth owning past, present, and probably future. All the others are foolishly chasing their tails producing unicorns and rainbows that People can’t afford nor want to buy. dollars and cents. Dollars and common sense.🤷🏽‍♂️

Ferrari is the only car company worth owning past, present, and probably future. All the others are foolishly chasing their tails producing unicorns and rainbows that People can’t afford nor want to buy. dollars and cents. Dollars and common sense.🤷🏽‍♂️
Yep, comparing Ferrari (luxury item that most can’t afford) to large scale auto companies that make cars for the common folks that people can afford, want and buy (let’s compare prices vs Ferrari, and volume sold, yep, no need). Common sense!

And all major manufacturers are introducing new EV’s, why, because people don’t want it and EV % of market share on new vehicles sold is declining? (Oh I’m sure you can find a blog about one persons displeasure with an EV and make a blanket statement for the overall landscape) that’s MK logic for ya!

Way more than one, more than half the country…

Will Your Next Auto Be An EV? Most Say No: I&I/TIPP Poll​

Nearly half of Americans say it’s unlikely they’ll buy an electric vehicle as their next car​

• Nearly half of Americans in a new poll say it’s unlikely they would purchase an electric vehicle as their next car, citing the lack of charging options and the high costs.
  • Only 19% of respondents to the poll, by the Energy Policy Institute at the University of Chicago and the Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research, said it’s “very” or “extremely” likely they would buy an EV as their next car.

Wow....and you made a thread for things that Biden says?

The hypocrisy and lack of logic here is unreal.

Nearly half of Americans say it’s unlikely they’ll buy an electric vehicle as their next car

And what about in Irvine... or even SoCal to widen the sample? Oh yeah... our own poll disagrees with you.

There will be more unicorns than sticks in the mud... go yell at some more clouds.

Okaaay… more MK logic here, and 19% according to that poll says they would. That’s significantly more than the current new EV take rate. You just proved against your own point. Haha. Nice work!

Tesla said that all three trim levels of the Model 3 now qualify for the full tax credit of $7,500

These prices are fantastic! I just don't see the other manufacturers being able to be as competitive without taking huge losses.

Last edited:
Quietly hedging their bets….wise…

GM to invest more than $1 billion to produce new heavy-duty pickups

· General Motors plans to invest more than $1 billion in two Michigan plants for production of next-generation heavy-duty trucks, the company said Monday.

· Despite GM’s commitment to exclusively offer all-electric vehicles by 2035, the company continues to invest in traditional vehicles such as the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra heavy-duty pickups.

· The notably profitable trucks are in high demand, and sales are needed to assist in funding the automaker’s investments in EVs.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/06/05/gm-...rce=iosappshare|com.apple.UIKit.activity.Mail

HD trucks is a different class of vehicle than consumer cars.

I think many of the EV mandates have provisions for HD trucks to allow for EV technology to evolve before they are required to go zero emission.

Maybe some other form of technology will fill the gap.

morekaos must be the CEO of GM:

At a Sanford Bernstein conference, Barra commented on the current EV market and admitted that Tesla has the lead in it, but she hinted that she believes GM can catch up (via Reuters):

Barra acknowledged that Tesla Inc has the lead in EV technology, profitability and scale, but said that lead is not permanent.
She added about EV profitability:

EV battery costs are still too high to build profitable mass-market vehicles, that sell for $30,000 to $40,000, Barra said. But she predicted EV and combustion vehicle costs will equalize “sometime in the latter part of this decade… maybe a little longer.”
That’s a strange comment considering GM is currently selling the Chevy Bolt EV starting at $26,500 and has promised a starting price of around $30,000 for the Equinox EV.

Which is probably why they are overpricing HD trucks. :)

Not me, the Chairwoman of GM is a moronic labor union tool. Her spokesholes think power for her EV’s comes from..the building?…(actually, COAL)…🤦🏽‍♂️😆😆😆

GM spokesperson admits 95% of 'clean' energy to charge electric cars comes from COAL.

Back