ICE or EV?

Which car(s) will you be buying next?

• ICE ICE Baby (morekaos dinosaur option)

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • EV forEVa (unicorns for all)

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • PHEV (I still have range anxiety)

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Hybrid (can't plug in yet)

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Alternative fuel (Hydrogen, vegetable oil, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
But that report was just the opposite they disappointed the numbers, additionally, they are still losing $30,000 per truck. Can’t keep that up for very long. If the news was so great the stock price would have risen…it didn’t…you can’t hide from the markets….doomed!🦄🌈👎🏽😂😂😂

Last edited:
And like GM…Ford steps in the EV poo pile…This is not just about execution…they try to obscure the dismal sales and public uptake…again Toyota has it right. American car makers stumble backward through the dark…good job…

Ford posts full-year net loss, ugly fourth quarter as ‘execution issues’ plague operations

· Ford Motor reported an ugly fourth quarter and a full-year net loss.

· The automaker cited “execution issues” that plagued operations. It fell short of expected sales by 100,000 units.

· The company is looking to cut additional costs this year and is not ruling out additional layoffs.

Ford continues to face issues with internal combustion engine vehicles, which are responsible for almost all of Ford’s profits.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/02/02/ford-f-earnings-q4-2022.html?__source=iosappshare|com.apple.UIKit.activity.Mail
As I have said for a long time…Toyota has this figured out. While the fools rushed in, Toyota took a more measured approach and that is the reason they are the largest producer of vehicles on earth..and probably will remain that way for quite a while…🤷🏽‍♂️😂😂😂🦄🌈

Toyota Is Right: We Need More Hybrid Cars and Fewer EVs. Here's Why

Once upon a time, Toyota led the mainstream push into energy-efficient cars with the hybrid Prius. Today, it’s seemingly more conservative, having pooh-poohed battery-electric vehicles for years in favor of things like hybrids and hydrogen—only to finally embrace EVs’ potential with the BZ4X. A little, anyway; it still firmly believes in a full spectrum of decarbonization solutions, one where hybrids are more important than full EVs.

It sounds like heel-dragging from a latecomer whose first electric car was met with a lukewarm reception. But if you take a closer look at how efficiently hybrids and EVs use their batteries, you’ll realize Toyota is actually right: hybrids have a bigger role to play in decarbonization than EVs will for a long time, if ever. Fact is, we need to use our limited battery supplies to deliver the maximum reduction in CO2 emissions across the auto industry, and soon. We need to use every last kilowatt-hour to its fullest, and in the near-term, that doesn’t mean going all-in on EVs. It means leaning back into hybrids.

The data is conclusive: Electric vehicles generate fewer carbon emissions than those powered by combustion engines over their lifetimes, and what you’re about to read doesn’t dispute that. But EV adoption is tripping over range limitations, patchy charging networks, and high prices resulting from the cost of the batteries that power them.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/new...1&cvid=e502f54893d34169a3867a82cef2a041&ei=14

The data is conclusive: Electric vehicles generate fewer carbon emissions than those powered by combustion engines over their lifetimes, and what you’re about to read doesn’t dispute that.
Did you forget to read this?

MIT also agrees by the way:

And you forgot that the Model Y outsold the Corolla earlier this year.

It's only a mater of time.

Toyota is behind, not just in EVs but overall tech. They still think hydrogen has a future.

Current use emission…maybe but not overall lifetime environmental impact…..it’s a big fat circle jerk of scams…😂😂😂🦄🌈

Here's how long EVs have to be driven before they save emissions versus gas cars

The Volvo study found that, in a scenario in which its power source is the current global energy mix, the C40 Recharge EV would need to cover 68,300 miles to break even with its gas-power equivalent
— or almost six years, based on U.S. average miles traveled a year, roughly half its lifetime.

But that breakeven point would fall to about four years if the car was charged on the European Union's grid, which is cleaner. In a scenario in which the car was charged on a grid powered exclusively by renewable sources, the breakeven point would be about two and a half years.

Or, to take another example: A Tesla Model 3 would have to be driven for 13,500 miles before it saved emissions versus a gas Toyota Corolla in the U.S., a little over a year's worth of driving, according to a Reuters analysis using a model developed by the Argonne National Laboratory in Illinois.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...en-before-they-save-emissions-versus-gas-cars

More like $43k when taxes and fees are added in. Still, a relative bargain when comparing ICE vehicles of similar size and features.

I wouldn't buy one as I can't stand American cars. Cheap plastic filled featureless cars with zero personality. I drove a 2023 Ford Edge rented through Enterprise last week. What a steaming pile of junk. Ford's interface on their touch screen was incomprehensible. The vehicle didn't even have automatic interior lighting when you open the door. I checked Ford's website and that model comes in around $40k "all in" - albeit their sticker price, not dealer price. I could get a Rav-4 Premium Hybrid for the same price as a stripped Ford Edge today!

I rent a vehicle several times a year and when I don't get a choice, I'm always hoping that it won't be an American car.
Most rental vehicles are piles of junk and the American ones seem to be the worst.

But I absolutely LOVE my Tesla Model 3. I'm glad it is American made. I'm glad it is 100% electric. I'm glad it is safe. I'm glad it is fast. The tech is still amazing and in that respect, the car has actually improved dramatically over the 5 years I've owned it. Yes, the build quality in 2018 could have been better but it isn't bad and the new ones are significantly better.

But I absolutely LOVE my Tesla Model 3. I'm glad it is American made. I'm glad it is 100% electric. I'm glad it is safe. I'm glad it is fast. The tech is still amazing and in that respect, the car has actually improved dramatically over the 5 years I've owned it. Yes, the build quality in 2018 could have been better but it isn't bad and the new ones are significantly better.
I don't drive our Model 3 that much, so I can't say much, but my wife drives it a lot and she LOVES it too. Now she can't go back to ICEs and really disliked driving my Prius Prime a couple of times that she had to. 😂 Pretty much all the co-workers I talked to love their Tesla too, and they all also don't want to drive other cars.

Last edited:
I rent a vehicle several times a year and when I don't get a choice, I'm always hoping that it won't be an American car.
Most rental vehicles are piles of junk and the American ones seem to be the worst.

Go test drive a Model 3 Performance and you’ll want to upgrade. It’s a completely different car than the 3 or 3 LR.

Blah blah blah stock price. But when we point out how well EV stocks are doing then you are blah blah blah not stock price.

The point of my post is Rivian is delivering above targets and producing above expectations. This is sort of what happened when Tesla started working through their backorders and production issues.

And once Rivian comes out with their R2s (like how Tesla came out with their cheaper 3 and Y)... they will do even better.

Just like your reading... your analysis is... dooomed.

Doom gonna doom.
The future is so bright (heading straight to $35!) that I gotta wear sunglasses…oh wait that’s a blindfold…”disappointing” seems to be the word of the day…Did you load up at $23 Monday when they told you to? Ouch!!!🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂😂🦄🌈

Rivian Stock Falls on Double Disappointment.

Rivian Automotive RIVN –19.19% stock was falling early Thursday after it gave disappointing guidance and announced plans to raise more funds. But investors don’t really have to lose sleep, not over the news, at least.

On Wednesday after the market closed, Rivian said that sales in the current quarter would be slightly lower than analysts estimated. It also said it would issue $1.5 billion in convertible notes.

Rivian’s vehicles are tempting for American buyers of electric-powered pickup trucks that handle like sports cars. But they sell at about $80,000 on average, and developing them is expensive. The company is burning through cash–it sold trucks at an average loss of $33,000 in the second quarter.

https://www.barrons.com/articles/rivian-stock-price-a62868cc?siteid=yhoof2

IMG_0909.jpeg

Do more than rely on the end of an article…Mr McNally had a similar recommendation and price targets in November 2022 at $32 a share…It quickly collapsed to $13.00…do your research…most of these analysts are putzes who buy into the …🦄🌈🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂😂

Evercore ISI Starts Rivian Automotive at In Line With $35 Price Target

November 30, 2022
at 07:38 am EST

Evercore ISI analyst Chris McNally initiates coverage on Rivian Automotive Inc ...View attachment 9234
I gotta start following this analyst for good short ideas, this was brilliant….🤦🏽‍♂️🦄🌈😂😂😂IMG_0911.png

Rivian should come out of it. Better than Karma and the previous Fisker.
They probably won’t…and neither will these fools…

Lucid’s shares fall after company launches a cheaper version of the Air EV to boost demand

· Lucid said a new single-motor, rear-wheel-drive version of the Air Pure sedan will start at $77,400.

· The new model is $5,000 cheaper than Lucid’s prior lowest-cost version of the Air.

· Lucid has struggled with demand for the Air, a well-regarded but expensive electric luxury sedan.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/10/05/lucids-shares-fall-after-launch-of-cheaper-air-ev.html

Are Electric Vehicles “Currently Useless?” – Toyota Commits to Hybrid Tech as the Way to Reduce Car Emissions, NOT Expensive EVs

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/new...31&cvid=1f23c50dd1a140d2ac9b0a8b56e821f5&ei=8

So ironic morekaos is highlighting short term drops.
So you are stating that if you invested $100,000.00 on Monday after all that “good news” and “price targets” of $35.00 you find yourself down $25,000 in just 48 hours… you are patting your advisors on the back, thanking them for the great advice buying them a steak? Man…your a carnys dream.😂😂😂😂

Back