ICE or EV?

Which car(s) will you be buying next?

• ICE ICE Baby (morekaos dinosaur option)

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • EV forEVa (unicorns for all)

Votes: 21 60.0%
  • PHEV (I still have range anxiety)

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Hybrid (can't plug in yet)

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Alternative fuel (Hydrogen, vegetable oil, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
I would venture to guess that the lack of sales is the real driver of GM’s unenthusiastic production goals and recent price cuts. Toyota has this figured out correctly…We shall see but the EV “revolution” seems to be slowing as reality takes a bite…

General Motors doesn’t expect significant U.S. production of EVs until second half of year

· General Motors executives said they don’t expect significant production increases of new EVs until the second half of this year.

· The problem? Battery cell production at GM’s new or under-construction U.S. plants, executives said.

· As GM slowly increases production, others such as Hyundai and Ford have been ratcheting up production of EVs to close the gap on industry leader Tesla.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/01/31/general-motors-ev-production.html

Additionally, for those who understand the future of the ICE market dominating for years to come look no further than the now third largest auto market on earth…flooded with ICE vehicles as far as the eye can see…

India beat Japan to become the third-largest auto market in the world with a massive growth of 23.40 per cent
The global overall sales tally for the calendar year 2022 saw India becoming the third-largest automotive market in the world as it got past Japan with 4.4 million units and a staggering growth of 23.40 per cent. India recorded the highest growth amongst the top five as the recovery phase following the health crisis has been all the more positive.

https://gaadiwaadi.com/india-becomes-3rd-largest-auto-market-beating-japan-germany/
Yup, have said it for years, this was Feb of 23 and subsequently mentioned it 8-10 times since…they are running a tight game…the other glomers are floundering 😂😂😂🦄🌈

Unlike these Bozo’s….fumbling through the dark hoping to salvage their balance sheet….

Ford to delay all-electric SUV, truck to focus on offering hybrid vehicles across its lineup by 2030​

• Ford Motor is delaying production of an all-electric SUV and pickup truck.
  • The automaker is instead focusing on offering hybrid options across its entire North American lineup by 2030.
  • Ford says it will continue to invest in EVs, but the shift comes as the entire automotive industry has been rethinking plans for electric vehicles.

I'm more about fighting dependence on fossil fuels (I just saw it was 5.50/gal for regular yesterday)... also noise and pollution. If that helps save the planet... that's a bonus.

Whatever your stance is... if you've driven an electric vehicle, you can really appreciate the technology, quiet, instant torque and less maintenance.

Just don't over engineer it like Musk taking away signal stalks and a round steering wheel.

I'm more about fighting dependence on fossil fuels (I just saw it was 5.50/gal for regular yesterday)... also noise and pollution. If that helps save the planet... that's a bonus.

Whatever your stance is... if you've driven an electric vehicle, you can really appreciate the technology, quiet, instant torque and less maintenance.

Just don't over engineer it like Musk taking away signal stalks and a round steering wheel.
Yeah, not having to depend on fossil fuels, not having to line up at Costco gas station, being able to charge at home at your convenience, less maintenance, among other things, really does it for me.

I would never buy ICE again. My next car with be another BEV or PHEV. Since my commute is really short, PHEV also makes a lot of sense for me. I only need to change oil every two years or so. Toyota is offering me free oil change because I haven't had one for more than a year. 😂

Even if your home has solar electricity generated, everyone is still highly dependent on ICE's. From diesel or natgas generation of electricity, to delivery the trucks of EV's, to lithium strip mining diggers, the EV world still tied tightly to ICE's. I got zero issue if a person wants an EV. Consumer choice and innovation is great IMHO. Realistically speaking though if one uses these vehicles to combat "climate change" EV's are not really helping the environment in any quantitative way.

I know many on this thread sneers at leases, but this came across my radar today:

Toyota appears desperate to off-load their BZ4X EV model by leasing at $129 per month, $1,990 down so, effectively $184 per month, 12k miles per year, for 36 months. They also are throwing in 1 year free charging at selected vendors.

This model has a 250 mile range battery which is obviously a problem, not just the horrible name for the car. Anyone else seen other redonkulous lease deals like this on EV's?

Also, I saw / heard my second Fisker Ocean in the wild yesterday. The thing was dragging slowly through a parking lot and the electric drive whine was "head turning-ly" loud. Perhaps it's a feature and not a bug

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) enacted a regulation called the "Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 141" in 2016. This regulation requires all new hybrid and electric vehicles to emit an audible sound when traveling at speeds below 19 mph (30 km/h). The sound must be detectable over background noise and alert pedestrians to the presence of the vehicle.

...but does it have to be so annoying?

I know many on this thread sneers at leases, but this came across my radar today:

Toyota appears desperate to off-load their BZ4X EV model by leasing at $129 per month, $1,990 down so, effectively $184 per month, 12k miles per year, for 36 months. They also are throwing in 1 year free charging at selected vendors.

This model has a 250 mile range battery which is obviously a problem, not just the horrible name for the car. Anyone else seen other redonkulous lease deals like this on EV's?

Also, I saw / heard my second Fisker Ocean in the wild yesterday. The thing was dragging slowly through a parking lot and the electric drive whine was "head turning-ly" loud. Perhaps it's a feature and not a bug
I would only lease an EV today because tech is moving so fast and the best deals are lease. You can even lease and buy it out to save more money than a purchase.

About the Bizzy, it’s a low end EV, lower range, slower charging and not very roomy. You would be better off with an Ioniq 5 for charging speed and space or even an Ariya.

I would only lease an EV today because tech is moving so fast and the best deals are lease. You can even lease and buy it out to save more money than a purchase.

About the Bizzy, it’s a low end EV, lower range, slower charging and not very roomy. You would be better off with an Ioniq 5 for charging speed and space or even an Ariya.
hmm....tempting. I got free charging at work so the gas saving would offset the lease it seems.

The Bizzy is barely a step up from the Chevy Bolt. As long as you realize that up front, it's a pretty surprising deal.

Toyota seems first to the fire exit door.

I'd take a Prius Prime over the BZ4X. After the battery is drained you still have the gas engine as backup with >500 mile range. Optional solar charging roof for both.

The green jobs revolution just rolls on …oh wait, what?...🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂😂🦄🌈

Tesla will lay off more than 10% of global workforce: Read the Elon Musk memo

Tesla will lay off more than 10% of its global workforce, according to a memo sent to employees by CEO Elon Musk.

The company’s shares were down 3% on Monday morning.

“As we prepare the company for our next phase of growth, it is extremely important to look at every aspect of the company for cost reductions and increasing productivity,” Musk said in the memo obtained by CNBC.

“As part of this effort, we have done a thorough review of the organization and made the difficult decision to reduce our headcount by more than 10% globally,” the memo said.

because the vast majority of people who bought that stock bought it between then ($78.00) and now. At $24 a share almost everybody has lost money. The pursuit of unicorns is an expensive and foolish game. I’ll take my Midas touch against your lead touch any day.😂😂😂
let’s be honest, this is a total disaster…🤷🏽‍♂️😂😂😂🦄🌈IMG_2255.png

<<
Shares of EV startup Rivian (RIVN) are up over 14% Friday after Wedbush analyst Dan Ives upgraded his price target. Ives cited the EV maker is making “a major turning point” in its execution strategy, raising Rivian stock price target to $30 a share from $25.

Rivian stock price target upgrade fuels rally​

Rivian’s stock rally has lasted over a week, with share prices increasing over 80% since June 27, 2023.

After shattering analyst estimates earlier this week, delivering 12,640 electric vehicles, and producing 13,992 units in the second quarter, Rivian stock rose over 13% alone. Since then, Rivian shares have continued trending higher.
>>

Seeing more and more Rivians around Irvine.
you said that at $25 a share…-70% ago…nice call. Unless you want to change the definition of disaster now.🤷🏽‍♂️😂😂😂😂🦄🌈

Back