I need to lose 20 lbs in three months

[quote author="No_Such_Reality" date=1216440613]

Wow, you're going to be pissed when you see her on a date with Ten in about 17 years.</blockquote>

That statement just sent a chill down my spine.

Now when I picture Ten I'm going to see that creep who was married to Christie Brinkley, but hookin up with the 18 year old girl....

I agree with LawyerLiz, no need to starve yourself.

Panda, here is what worked for me (lost 30 lbs) in 4 months:

Before 3-4 p.m., you can totally pig out, whatever you want (still try to skp the sweets and other unhealthy stuff, do you know how many calories are in 1 slice of pizza? around 500!). Then, stay strong and don't eat anything till the next morning, repeat the same the next day.

For the first 2 weeks, you body will demand dinner, stay strong, get away from the fridge, whatever it takes. The good news is you won't want to eat in the evening in about 2 weeks, tried and true.

BTW, get away from the TV! Every time I watch TV, I want to snack on something.

Drink water, it gives you the sense of fullness. 1 glass of iced water actually burns 100 calories because your body has to heat it up, and water has 0 cal as you might now. Instead of the dinner, eat 1 grapefruit, which burns up to 3 lbs a month because it speeds up your metabolism, plus you'll never have a cold again since you will be loaded with vitamin C.

Now about exercise: I'm not too much in to running, but I make myself do that now. Start with 3 minutes on the treadmill with just brisk walking, about 2-3 times a week, then gradually add time, about a minute for each time, it is totally doable, minimum effort is required. Then some weight lifting, whatever you prefer. Swimming and brisk walking are great fat-burning exercises.

I definitely recommend yoga, it really changed my life, but I realize it is not for everybody, so if you can do it, it will only help.

Good luck!

[quote author="tenmagnet" date=1216429814][quote author="gwailo168" date=1216367728]I wish I would stop losing weight! But lately I have had a pinch in my armpit, sore right elbow, shooting pain in my forearm when doing curls, and now a sprained right thumb. So after years of trying to be the worlds strongest man and punishing my joints, I change up my routine only to sprain my thumb playing basketball!

I just pray I do not get under 200 lbs</blockquote>

Switch from doing curls with the straight bar to dumbbells.

Straight bar bicep curls with heavy weight makes your forearms compensate.

Keep up your Whey protein intake, you don?t want to lose hard earned muscle mass.

Mix in a Glucosamine supplement.

It will help lubricate your joints and aid recovery.</blockquote>

Funny thing is that I learned of this shooting pain from doing dumbbell hammer curls, go figure.

I do have a glucosamine, chondritin, MSM supplement.

[quote author="blackacre-seeker" date=1216476627]I agree with LawyerLiz, no need to starve yourself.

Panda, here is what worked for me (lost 30 lbs) in 4 months:

Before 3-4 p.m., you can totally pig out, whatever you want (still try to skp the sweets and other unhealthy stuff, do you know how many calories are in 1 slice of pizza? around 500!). Then, stay strong and don't eat anything till the next morning, repeat the same the next day.

For the first 2 weeks, you body will demand dinner, stay strong, get away from the fridge, whatever it takes. The good news is you won't want to eat in the evening in about 2 weeks, tried and true.

BTW, get away from the TV! Every time I watch TV, I want to snack on something.

Drink water, it gives you the sense of fullness. 1 glass of iced water actually burns 100 calories because your body has to heat it up, and water has 0 cal as you might now. Instead of the dinner, eat 1 grapefruit, which burns up to 3 lbs a month because it speeds up your metabolism, plus you'll never have a cold again since you will be loaded with vitamin C.

Now about exercise: I'm not too much in to running, but I make myself do that now. Start with 3 minutes on the treadmill with just brisk walking, about 2-3 times a week, then gradually add time, about a minute for each time, it is totally doable, minimum effort is required. Then some weight lifting, whatever you prefer. Swimming and brisk walking are great fat-burning exercises.

I definitely recommend yoga, it really changed my life, but I realize it is not for everybody, so if you can do it, it will only help.

Good luck!</blockquote>

That's awesome! Blackacre,

Instead of the dinner, eat 1 grapefruit, which burns up to 3 lbs a month because it speeds up your metabolism, plus you'll never have a cold again since you will be loaded with vitamin C.

I love this advice... Eat like a king for lunch and have a smoothie for dinner. You also mentioned that after two weeks, my body will not demand dinner. I have not gotten to this stage yet, because Panda is dieing to eat during dinner time. I think I am making some progress though. I weighed myself at 183 (my '34' waist "Costco Kirkland" jeans were starting to get very tight) when first posted this thread, and today I weighed in at 178 this morning, and my '34' waist "Kirkland Jeans" are starting to get a little looser. All i did was replace all sugary/creamy coffee/sodas with cold bottled water and continue to run every morning. I've been drinking a lot more water. I've been also more cautious to not eat junk food and eat a lot of fruits. Blackacre, I think I am going to take you up on your advice on eating a bigger meal before 3-4 pm and having a fruits for dinner. Panda's goal is to get to 155 lbs. Ahhh.. man.. I've got 23 pounds more to lose. I can't wait until that happens.

Panda

Panda,

The "why" is more important than the "how."

If it is not important to you, it is unlikely to happen. If the motivation is there, most anything is possible, certainly 20 lbs.

[quote author="IrvineRealtor" date=1216512106]Panda,

If it is not important to you, it is unlikely to happen. If the motivation is there, most anything is possible, certainly 20 lbs.</blockquote>

Very very true.

If there is will, there is a way.

Panda, just a word of caution about fruit for dinner-although a healthy alternative to sweets, some of them are packed with calories, so I'd try some low-cal ones like apples. And you're right, the reason that diet of eating whatever you want during the day worked for me is that when I'm skipping dinner, I have the next day to look forward too when I can eat again :)

Anyway, keep up the good work, it gets easier later.

By the way, those smoothies (which I love) are really high cal, just read the label, you'll be stunned, so I'd recommend moving them to the morning-lunch time, not for dinner. For all of you who want to stop drinking coffee, I found smoothies to be a good alternative, definitely wakes you up in the morning. My personal favorite is Odwall Strawberry C-monster.

[quote author="gwailo168" date=1216512882][quote author="IrvineRealtor" date=1216512106]Panda,

If it is not important to you, it is unlikely to happen. If the motivation is there, most anything is possible, certainly 20 lbs.</blockquote>

Very very true.

If there is will, there is a way.</blockquote>

That?s so true!

There?s a great video that I absolutely know will inspire you to get to the gym and workout everyday?guaranteed.

Let me know and I?ll post it.

If you're hungry for inspiration, this might be the best 15 minutes you spend today.

Steve Jobs' graduation address at Stanford a few years ago.

Stay hungry. Stay foolish.

<object width="325" height="250"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/youtube" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="325" height="250"></embed></object>

Back