I need to lose 20 lbs in three months

the really hardcore jeans crowd buys levis raw denim. the stuff feels like cardboard. then they sit in a hot bathtub for 20 min with the pants on until they shrink to fit perfectly.

i thought it was only an urban legend but a cashier at the levis store told me people actually do this!

[quote author="PANDA" date=1216173583]OMG! Ten and Graph are not JOKING around? There really is a jeans brand called "True Religion Jeans". I thought it was some IHB Joke.

http://www.truereligionbrandjeans.com/

$179 for a pair of Jeans? Are they CRazy? The most Panda would ever pay for a luxury pair of jeans is $40 (Banana Republic Jeans)</blockquote>

When I read the 1st post I was thinking wow this guy must love his TR jeans... funny thing after 2 pages he realizes its a real brand.

[quote author="acpme" date=1216179437]the really hardcore jeans crowd buys levis raw denim. the stuff feels like cardboard. then they sit in a hot bathtub for 20 min with the pants on until they shrink to fit perfectly.

i thought it was only an urban legend but a cashier at the levis store told me people actually do this!</blockquote>

Yep, I just wash the pants for 3-4 times so they are no so cardboardish.... I'm old school, what can I say.

-bix

[quote author="PANDA" date=1216173266][quote author="tenmagnet" date=1216166858]Why True Religion jeans?

Diesel, Antik, and 7 are all very good brands.</blockquote>

There really is a jeans brand called "True Religion Jeans"? I thought it was some kind of joke between you and Graph. The only jeans Panda likes to wear is CK and Levis.</blockquote>

Hey Panda,

Give the people of the IHB some inspiration!

Post some before and after pics and keep us posted on your progress.

Yeah I thought he really liked spending 200 bucks a pop on jeans. I mean, you gotta have a few pairs of nice jeans, (I like CoH myself) but a dresser full is a little much. Which is what I assumed panda had.

[quote author="PANDA" date=1216173583]OMG! Ten and Graph are not JOKING around? There really is a jeans brand called "True Religion Jeans". I thought it was some IHB Joke.

$179 for a pair of Jeans? Are they CRazy? The most Panda would ever pay for a luxury pair of jeans is $40 (Banana Republic Jeans)</blockquote>

Welcome to Orange County, Panda! Irvine isn't all good schools, mega-churches, and rows of eucalyptus... you should watch some "Real Housewives of Orange County" or "Weeds" to prepare you for OC-level materialism :)

[quote author="NewToOC" date=1216188449][quote author="PANDA" date=1216173583]OMG! Ten and Graph are not JOKING around? There really is a jeans brand called "True Religion Jeans". I thought it was some IHB Joke.

Welcome to Orange County, Panda! Irvine isn't all good schools, mega-churches, and rows of eucalyptus... you should watch some "Real Housewives of Orange County" or "Weeds" to prepare you for OC-level materialism :)</blockquote>

You forgot, Date My Ex with Shady Slade from Coto and Jo!

I'm one of these people who has always been thin. In high school I took in an extra 2000 calories a day with the Joe Weiderman weight gain stuff (it was awful) and I didn't gain a pound. My mom was also very thin until her mid 30's, but she always ate a lot of junk. She still does and she's been overweight since and now has diabetes. I wondered if I would follow suit, but at 39 I'm still just over 5'7" and 110 pounds. I should actually be 115. However, my diet has always been different than many people's, including my mom's.

Frankly, I'm surprised at how much and how often people eat and the amount of empty calories. I was a vegetarian for 18 years... the only time I ever gained weight was as a vegan. I missed the fat and loaded up on too many carbs. I've never gotten into processed foods, avoid fat free and sugar free. Anything with high fructose corn syrup I find nauseating. I've never been a soda drinker. In fact the only time I like soda is when I'm eating something from del taco or pizza hut, what I consider junk food. I've wondered if there was some kind of connection there, i.e. bad calories go with bad calories. Water, coffee and wine are about the only liquids I drink.

I also have never been a fast food eater... taco bell or del taco or pizza hut maybe twice a year, but nothing outside of those. Also, I only eat when I'm truly hungry and this can fluctuate a lot. There are times where I'm surprised by how much I've eaten in a day and others when I realize that I haven't eaten a thing all day. Almost every dinner includes a salad. We use abundant amounts of olive oil for cooking and never buy salad dressing. Several nights are vegetarian. I rarely eat dessert. I eat my meal until I'm full and then I don't want to eat anything beyond that. I've noticed that we eat a good amount of mediterranean foods... French, Italian, Greek, etc... We do Asian and Indian as well.

I'm not sure if it's because of metabolism, or if my eating habits through my life have something to do with it, but since Panda asked about skinny people, I thought I'd throw it out there.

The poster who mentioned active... I can't still for too long.

[quote author="NewToOC" date=1216188449][quote author="PANDA" date=1216173583]OMG! Ten and Graph are not JOKING around? There really is a jeans brand called "True Religion Jeans". I thought it was some IHB Joke.

Welcome to Orange County, Panda! Irvine isn't all good schools, mega-churches, and rows of eucalyptus... you should watch some "Real Housewives of Orange County" or "Weeds" to prepare you for OC-level materialism :)</blockquote>

Honestly, this my biggest fear about moving to OC/Irvine. I think both my wife and I can keep each other in check not be brain washed with OC materialism, and live with good midwestern values, but its the kids that i am worried about. Abercrombie & Fitch and True Religion Jeans. I heard that if you end having a cute baby daughter, dads want to do everything they can to spoil her. So how can Panda live with "IPO's " modest values in OC?

I am just worried that Panda's kids will turn out like Ten.

[quote author="PANDA" date=1216247204]I heard that if you end having a cute baby daughter, dads want to do everything they can to spoil her. So how can Panda live with "IPO's " modest values in OC?

I am just worried that Panda's kids will turn out like Ten.</blockquote>

I don't think dad's spoiling their daughters is unique to OC. As far as dealing with cute daughters, I've already informed my 4 year old daugther that she can get her drivers license as soon as she turns 25, about the same time she can go on her first date. She will be allowed to move out of her room as soon as she finishes medical school. But then she will only be moving down to the mother-in-law suite downstairs. She can have her own address at 35 or when she marries, whichever comes first.

[quote author="CK" date=1216249202][quote author="PANDA" date=1216247204]I heard that if you end having a cute baby daughter, dads want to do everything they can to spoil her. So how can Panda live with "IPO's " modest values in OC?

I don't think dad's spoiling their daughters is unique to OC. As far as dealing with cute daughters, I've already informed my 4 year old daugther that she can get her drivers license as soon as she turns 25, about the same time she can go on her first date. She will be allowed to move out of her room as soon as she finishes medical school. But then she will only be moving down to the mother-in-law suite downstairs. She can have her own address at 35 or when she marries, whichever comes first.</blockquote>

Panda - I have no fear that you will make a good effort to instill your values in your children, to the best of your ability. But at the end of the day your kids will have their own personality shaped from a billion different things that are beyond your control. Sounds like it's time for a <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serenity_Prayer">Serenity Prayer</a>.

(also noted: CK brought the whole family out to Ipop's Open House. I think he's in for a world of hurt in about 10 years as that 4-year-old is already adorable.)

[quote author="CK" date=1216249202]

I don't think dad's spoiling their daughters is unique to OC. As far as dealing with cute daughters, I've already informed my 4 year old daugther that she can get her drivers license as soon as she turns 25, about the same time she can go on her first date. She will be allowed to move out of her room as soon as she finishes medical school. But then she will only be moving down to the mother-in-law suite downstairs. She can have her own address at 35 or when she marries, whichever comes first.</blockquote>

CK, I hope you're joking. I know some girls whose parents are <em>actually</em> like that! I'm not exaggerating! And if you think that keeps them innocent, boy you'd be wrong. They sneak around even though they live at home, and they are some of the wildest girls I know. :)

[quote author="25w100k+" date=1216258268]

CK, I hope you're joking. I know some girls whose parents are <em>actually</em> like that! I'm not exaggerating! And if you think that keeps them innocent, boy you'd be wrong. They sneak around even though they live at home, and they are some of the wildest girls I know. :)</blockquote>

I know those girls are wild, I married one! Of course I'm joking, I'm a reasonable guy....my little princess can have drivers license on her 21st birthday. ;)

[quote author="25w100k+" date=1216258268][quote author="CK" date=1216249202]

CK, I hope you're joking. I know some girls whose parents are <em>actually</em> like that! I'm not exaggerating! And if you think that keeps them innocent, boy you'd be wrong. They sneak around even though they live at home, and they are some of the wildest girls I know. :)</blockquote>

That's a joke between me and my wife... "GOOD Catholic Girls" LOL!

Anyways good luck

-bix

I wish I would stop losing weight! But lately I have had a pinch in my armpit, sore right elbow, shooting pain in my forearm when doing curls, and now a sprained right thumb. So after years of trying to be the worlds strongest man and punishing my joints, I change up my routine only to sprain my thumb playing basketball!

I just pray I do not get under 200 lbs

[quote author="gwailo168" date=1216367728]I wish I would stop losing weight! But lately I have had a pinch in my armpit, sore right elbow, shooting pain in my forearm when doing curls, and now a sprained right thumb. So after years of trying to be the worlds strongest man and punishing my joints, I change up my routine only to sprain my thumb playing basketball!

I just pray I do not get under 200 lbs</blockquote>

Switch from doing curls with the straight bar to dumbbells.

Straight bar bicep curls with heavy weight makes your forearms compensate.

Keep up your Whey protein intake, you don?t want to lose hard earned muscle mass.

Mix in a Glucosamine supplement.

It will help lubricate your joints and aid recovery.

[quote author="CK" date=1216249202][quote author="PANDA" date=1216247204]I heard that if you end having a cute baby daughter, dads want to do everything they can to spoil her. So how can Panda live with "IPO's " modest values in OC?

Wow, you're going to be pissed when you see her on a date with Ten in about 17 years.

[quote author="No_Such_Reality" date=1216440613][quote author="CK" date=1216249202][quote author="PANDA" date=1216247204]I heard that if you end having a cute baby daughter, dads want to do everything they can to spoil her. So how can Panda live with "IPO's " modest values in OC?

Wow, you're going to be pissed when you see her on a date with Ten in about 17 years.</blockquote>

That is unless we find him 17 years from now with a receding hairline, carrying a few extra pounds and happily married to a former USC cheerleader

Back