How soon until Bitcoin crashes?

nosuchreality said:
The value of anonymity isn't in being anonymous, it is having access to otherwise inaccessible markets, bypassing regulation, avoiding taxes, financial controls, etc.

Look at the early days of Amazon, avoiding taxes, regulation and access is what built it with a healthy dose of predatory pricing.

Is anyone else annoyed by amazon making you return items to either kohl?s or to their drop off center ?  Used to be free ups pickup if I remember correctly last year

Kohls is nice where you don't have to package your own items, just scan and drop off.  I luckily have UPS coming by our work's mailroom every day. 

fortune11 said:
Is anyone else annoyed by amazon making you return items to either kohl?s or to their drop off center ?  Used to be free ups pickup if I remember correctly last year

Depending on condition of item, if you complain loud enough Amazon will let you trash it and send a refund.

Earlier this year I ordered some Korean facial masks, Russian marine/military emergency ration bars ("elf bread"), and DA polisher foam pad (for car detailing) cleaner solution.  The foam pad cleaning solution bottle broke and I eyed face mask and Russian rations thinking "do I really want to put this on my face or eat it".  Called them and they said just throw it away and they'd send me a refund.

Side note, the Russian "Marine Pro" ration bars actually taste pretty good.  It's like sugar, fat, and oatmeal.  Will keep for 5 years.  I fed some to my coworkers and they all agreed that it tasted better than the typical "Coast Guard" emergency ration bars made here.

morekaos said:
Big breakdown...

Bitcoin Plunges Below $6,000, Hits New Lows for the Year
The virtual currency has lost more than 60% of its value this year

The lull in cryptocurrency markets is over.

Bitcoin dropped more than 10% on Wednesday, falling below $6,000 and reaching new lows for the year.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/bitcoin-plunges-below-6-000-hits-new-lows-for-the-year-1542247659

This could be why Nvidia tanked after providing poor guidance when they released their earnings this afternoon.

USCTrojanCPA said:
morekaos said:
Big breakdown...

Bitcoin dropped more than 10% on Wednesday, falling below $6,000 and reaching new lows for the year.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/bitcoin-plunges-below-6-000-hits-new-lows-for-the-year-1542247659

This could be why Nvidia tanked after providing poor guidance when they released their earnings this afternoon.

Other way around ?

Nvidia had guided back in the summer about slowing demand for bitcoin mining GPUs . I am surprised it took this long for the bitcoin people to wake up . This bitcoin thing is being propped up until one or few of the large owners decide to liquidate - then we wil get true price discovery ...

fortune11 said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
morekaos said:
Big breakdown...

Other way around ?

Nvidia had guided back in the summer about slowing demand for bitcoin mining GPUs . I am surprised it took this long for the bitcoin people to wake up . This bitcoin thing is being propped up until one or few of the large owners decide to liquidate - then we wil get true price discovery ...

good, maybe finally i can afford a reasonably priced gpu

$15,000

Square just reported $1 billion in quarterly revenue from Bitcoin. That's solid institutional support.

Yall musta forgot

aquabliss said:
Anybody daytrade Bitcoin?  My CPA says it?s a real pain at tax time with extra forms.

Haven't traded it since 2017 when it last peaked, but I did my own taxes on it and it was easy with bitcoin.tax

For BTC to be a real currency, the volatility has to flatline eventually. Till then it is just a speculative trading instrument.

If I sold you a product for $1 today and stick that dollar in my drawer, I know that 3 months from now it will still be a $1 more or less. If I sold you a product for x bitcoins, I have no idea weather it will be worth half or double 3 months from now. Therefore, for selling product or services at my profit margins, I'd prefer $ payment. For a gamble, sure I will be more willing to partake in BTC as my risk tolerance allows.

eyephone said:
Things might change once the Digital Yuan is out. (If everybody can buy)

I hope this is on your radar if you own crypto. That a legitimate currency backed by a government will come out.

zovall said:
Both GBTC and ETHE are trading at a discount currently.

Greyscale has been buying a lot of eth.  I have a lowball ($14) limit order on ETHE and keeping eye open for opportunity to average down more.

I use Coinbase for my cryptos.

Coinbase is about to go public and they have 40 million + verified users.

I currently hold Bitcoin, Ethereum, Cardano, and Chainlink.

Truly believe crypto is going mainstream.

Yup, Coinbase is a great way to get into crypto. It is like a crypto bank/brokerage so they have all the KYC (Know Your Customer) rules meaning you have to provide all kinds of personal information (just like you do when opening an account at Chase or Robin Hood).

I bought in some more GBTC as it is trading at quite a discount. I find things like GBTC and ETHE useful to purchase in my Roth IRA as I have some years still before I can pull those funds out.

For those who are experienced with crypto, please do post your tips.

[me=momopi]eyes green candlesticks in a row[/me]

That was a... massive BTC pump yesterday.

Back