How much money would you spend on Design Center?

iHeartIrvine said:
WTTCMN said:
irvinehomeowner said:
WTTCMN said:
What's the summer saver plan? Yes I can prob google so save the lmgtfy links.

Yes. Second fridge in garage.

What am I doing wrong bc really - $200 savings per month times 12 is a decent Celine bag.
You need to shut down your TigerMom.com server farm. :)

If you're running over $150/mo in electricity, there has to be something else using so much juice. Pool? 15 HD TVs on at the same time?

Ours is usually around $40, but when we run the AC more often, it gets close to $100. Still not enough to warrant solar.

Yea. Must be the tigermom server farm. I am in that tier 4 "wasteful"category. So what do you people all do when SCE shuts off your AC?  Is that why I see all these Asian families camped out at the B&N on jamboree "testing" out all the books and toys?

It only happened once to us but I was ready to go to a hotel. 
Bones, you need to install the SP.  Now even if the temperature goes beyond 90F we don't mind it because that's when the SP produces most electricity.

What happens at night or if there's clouds?  Do you have a battery packs or do you run off of SCE electricity?

Section-8 4All said:
iHeartIrvine said:
WTTCMN said:
irvinehomeowner said:
WTTCMN said:

What am I doing wrong bc really - $200 savings per month times 12 is a decent Celine bag.

If you're running over $150/mo in electricity, there has to be something else using so much juice. Pool? 15 HD TVs on at the same time?

Ours is usually around $40, but when we run the AC more often, it gets close to $100. Still not enough to warrant solar.

Yea. Must be the tigermom server farm. I am in that tier 4 "wasteful"category. So what do you people all do when SCE shuts off your AC?  Is that why I see all these Asian families camped out at the B&N on jamboree "testing" out all the books and toys?

Bones, you need to install the SP.  Now even if the temperature goes beyond 90F we don't mind it because that's when the SP produces most electricity.

What happens at night or if there's clouds?  Do you have a battery packs or do you run off of SCE electricity?

runs off SCE

iHeartIrvine said:
WTTCMN said:
irvinehomeowner said:
WTTCMN said:

Bones.. already have solar hooked up no?

I'm generally okay when it shuts off.. honestly.. i dont' remember when they do it.. the fan is still running.

Damn, how do you guys live with no AC. Our AC is on all day with the nanny at home. And on weekends we even leave the AC on for the dogs if we are not at home. $30/month? That's like five days for me.

qwerty said:
Damn, how do you guys live with no AC. Our AC is on all day with the nanny at home. And on weekends we even leave the AC on for the dogs if we are not at home. $30/month? That's like five days for me.

That's your explanation.  During most of the year, there is no one at home at our house in the middle of the day (Work/school).  We are usually out and about during the weekends too and generally not home during the middle of the day. 

jmoney74 said:
WTTCMN said:

essentially they can shut off your AC at any given time.. usually peak hours.  My bill goes down drastically though.  I think i'm projected at $15 this month.
https://www.sce.com/wps/portal/home...m=residential/rebates-savings/heating-cooling

Even though SEC has the power to shut the AC down at any time (with the max saving plan), but it only happened to me ONCE within the last 6 years.

My bills are only $40-50+/month and summer time will be in the $20s, but for those having $200+ bill the savings can be huge.

WTTCMN said:
So for those of you enrolled in the summer savings program and say that it's only happened once or twice in years.  Are you guys at home during the day?  Or did the one or two time event occur on the weekends?  Just trying to get an idea of how often SCE actually shuts down the AC.  I'm also reading theres a "comfort" program where they only shut down the AC for 15 minutes at a time every half hour.  This may be a good compromise for my household.  Anyone in the comfort program?

I should say that it only happened to me once that I ever noticed and I happened to be home. Just looked up the history it actually happened quite a few times. You can look up how often it has happened in the past for your area.
https://www.sce.openadr.com/dr.website/scepr-event-history.jsf

jmoney74 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
eclipxe said:
This thread cost me $1000. I went back and added recessed lighting in two bedrooms. Didn't opt for LED, I figure that can be done later.
Heh.

But electrical stuff is good to get through the builder.

And yes, since LEDs are available as regular light bulbs, no need to "upgrade" to those.

Do they offer LED modules.. those look much better than the bulbs. 

Not sure what IP does with warranty.. but my warranty did not void when I installed my own recessed lighting.

How difficult was post-build recessed lighting? We still have two bedrooms w/just a j-box (guest and kids room). Figured ceiling fans will work fine in those, but say we did want to add recessed later, how hard and how much?

eclipxe said:
jmoney74 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
eclipxe said:
This thread cost me $1000. I went back and added recessed lighting in two bedrooms. Didn't opt for LED, I figure that can be done later.
Heh.

But electrical stuff is good to get through the builder.

And yes, since LEDs are available as regular light bulbs, no need to "upgrade" to those.

Do they offer LED modules.. those look much better than the bulbs. 

Not sure what IP does with warranty.. but my warranty did not void when I installed my own recessed lighting.

How difficult was post-build recessed lighting? We still have two bedrooms w/just a j-box (guest and kids room). Figured ceiling fans will work fine in those, but say we did want to add recessed later, how hard and how much?

Second floor is easier since they can access the attic.

First floor.. a little tricky.  They have to put a hole in the wall somewhere (usually the closet) to run the wiring through.  I have a referral if you need it.  For my LED modules.. they were about 80-100 for each light, installed. 

qwerty said:

I can really only remember happening to us one time.  We had guest over in the middle of summer.. and it turned off for about 30 min.  lol. 

Also, without offending anyone because I don't know your size, nice time to lose some weight.  You sweat less and will be less uncomfortable in heat.  ;)  JUST SAYIN...  ;)

Have to add that I don't have dogs like Qwerty.  It's usually cooler downstairs for the most part. 

jmoney74 said:
Also, without offending anyone because I don't know your size, nice time to lose some weight.  You sweat less and will be less uncomfortable in heat.  ;)  JUST SAYIN...  ;)
My ears are burning.

WTTCMN said:
Ok thanks to TI. I signed up for the comfort savings plan. Wasn't ballsy enough to go all out.

TI guilt also made me downsize my cans from the 96 gallon ones to the 64 gallon ones.

Pretty soon. I be shopping at living spaces.

downsize your cans?  I thought they measured it by cup size.. now by gallons?  interesting.

Back