How low can we go? 30 yr fixed at 3.75% with no fees...

aquabliss said:
Was 2.75% the posted rate when you locked, or did they go below the posted rate?

Owning's advertised rate was 2.99% when I applied.

They went below after I provided competitive LEs from Lenderfi, Loan Factory & Total Quality Lending .

eyephone said:
I checked lenderfi and saw 3%.
Maybe I am doing something wrong or do not have the connections.  ;)

Their online quotes are typically lower than what they will offer. If you fill out an application, a loan officer will contact you within 1-3 days and discuss options. I tend to prefer a true zero cost loan where I sacrifice a bit on rate to get a lender credit that covers all costs in Sections A, B, C, and E on the official loan estimate. That way I have no skin in the game and can refi again down the road if rates continue to fall.

I canceled the refi I was working on with a family friend and ended up going with owning.com
Currently in the process of closing at 2.99% with $0 fees. Townhome w/ conventional, high LTV 30 year loan .

ChiKid24 said:
eyephone said:
I checked lenderfi and saw 3%.
Maybe I am doing something wrong or do not have the connections.  ;)

Their online quotes are typically lower than what they will offer. If you fill out an application, a loan officer will contact you within 1-3 days and discuss options. I tend to prefer a true zero cost loan where I sacrifice a bit on rate to get a lender credit that covers all costs in Sections A, B, C, and E on the official loan estimate. That way I have no skin in the game and can refi again down the road if rates continue to fall.
Seems that way to me as well. Their site indicates 2.625  with credit that covers all closing but that's NOT what you get in LE.

eddieuclabruin said:
I canceled the refi I was working on with a family friend and ended up going with owning.com
Currently in the process of closing at 2.99% with $0 fees. Townhome w/ conventional, high LTV 30 year loan .

You should be able to get better than 2.99% without fees. That's what Owning was advertising over a month ago. Rates have improved since then.

If you're unsatisfied with Owning let me know and I can help you out :)

Cares said:
eddieuclabruin said:

You should be able to get better than 2.99% without fees. That's what Owning was advertising over a month ago. Rates have improved since then.

Can you beat 2.75 @ 25 years <765K 830 FICO.

If you can, you can have my business. LMK.

Haven't been paying attention to rates since I closed on 3.25% about 2 months ago.  Now I have to decide if I should refi again and lose my MCC (20% credit on interest).  What would you do?  The MCC loses a little value every year so it's tough to compare apples to apples.  Right now my break even rate is about 2.375%.  Have any of you decided on giving up the MCC for a lower rate?  I already refinanced once and that's all I'm allowed to do.  I refinance again and the MCC is gone for good. 

woodburyowner said:
Wow, check out owning.com's rates today!! 30 year 2.50% conventional.  2.625 for high balance conforming.

I'm actually very very surprised Owning can do 2.5%. I'm not seeing the rates there with any of our lenders and we have consistently been able to beat or match Owning.

Cares said:
eddieuclabruin said:

Cares helped me out with an investment condo refinance that closed last week. One thing to note is they are not Owning or Cash Call - so it'll take 30-45 days to close a loan. But, their rates are competitive and have responsive customer service. I would definitely recommend them.

woodburyowner said:
Wow, check out owning.com's rates today!! 30 year 2.50% conventional.  2.625 for high balance conforming.

Just heard from a friend of mine that Owning would do 2.5% for high balance conforming loan if he locks today. ( LTV <50% )

That's a really sweet deal. Looks like I pulled the trigger too early.

best_potsticker_in_town said:
Cares said:
eddieuclabruin said:

Cares helped me out with an investment condo refinance that closed last week. One thing to note is they are not Owning or Cash Call - so it'll take 30-45 days to close a loan. But, their rates are competitive and have responsive customer service. I would definitely recommend them.

Thanks glad you were happy with your experience.

How's your new Tesla?  8)

Back