How low can we go? 30 yr fixed at 3.75% with no fees...

Thank you for your inquiry at Owning Corporation.
Owning is currently not accepting applications from borrowers who are self-employed and is not funding any loans that are less than $100,000 or secured by real property that is for investment (rental property). We will reach out to you once these programs becomes available.

I saw earlier a post that Loan depot offers 2.625. In my experience, I have always found their rates to be higher than competition for zero cost loan.  Recently, I was quoted 3.125 % while competitors offered 2.75%.
Owning, interactive, Cashcall so far have worked the best for my high balance loan scenarios.

For those that have closed with Owning, did they transfer servicing right away or did you have to use the payment coupons they give you in the loan docs and mail some payments to them?

Sunnyhill Financial in SF that did my 2.99 15 yr fixed no cost no appraisal jumbo conforming refi in March told me provided rates stay the same between now and Aug. 15 they could do 2.625% 15 yr fixed refi provided it closes no earlier than 9/23 for 6 mo. seasoning. He predicted rates could be as low as 2.5% by then. These guys closed in 3 weeks for me last time - totally painless and super professional.

John said:
For those that have closed with Owning, did they transfer servicing right away or did you have to use the payment coupons they give you in the loan docs and mail some payments to them?
They did it pretty quick, but I think I made 1 or 2 payments through owning (can't fully remember). 

John said:

Closed approx 6/15, loan transferred on 7/14.  First loan payment is due 8/1, which will be payable to the new servicer (Mr. Cooper Nationstar Mortgage). 

2.25 locked 15 years 60 % LTV < 765K, zero cost, getting $800 bucks back.

Looking at the orig post, two years ago I thought it would never go lower than 4 at no cost, I was wrong for the better.

Compressed-Village said:

Looking at the orig post, two years ago I thought it would never go lower than 4 at no cost, I was wrong for the better.

And I was happy with my 2.375% 15 year. Congrats.

qwerty said:
Compressed-Village said:

And I was happy with my 2.375% 15 year. Congrats.

Nice, ok so will banks in the near future gives us money to take out loans?  :) Damn , upside down world, I am not complaining here for this.

Compressed-Village said:

Who is the lender?

Compressed-Village said:
Nice, ok so will banks in the near future gives us money to take out loans?  :) Damn , upside down world, I am not complaining here for this.

Sort of happening now. I'm going from 3.5% 30-year down to 2.75% with a lender credit that covers closing costs (Sections A,B,C and E) and nets me a little over $2k which I'll put towards prepaids/escrow. Crazy times indeed!

ChiKid24 said:
Compressed-Village said:

Sort of happening now. I'm going from 3.5% 30-year down to 2.75% with a lender credit that covers closing costs (Sections A, B,C and E) and nets me a little over $2k which I'll put towards prepaids/escrow. Crazy times indeed!

Yup, I remember back in days IHB, when Larry and many other said it?s best to buy when interest rate is high because when rate high prices will go lower. Welp, it?s been 13 years and it?s not only low, it went lower and prices goes higher.

If I listened and follow their advice, I will still be IrvineRenter2. :)

We talked about this in 2009.  Rates will never go high again.  I was kind of suprised back in 2018 when rates actually hit 5%....but that lasted what? 3 months?  Even before the virus, rates were already going down to 3.5% at the beginning of 2020. 

This country cannot raise interests rates.  Said it in 2009 when talking about ARMs with USCt, saying it again in 2020. 

Actually if you go back 160 pages, it's probably somewhere in this history.

zubs said:
We talked about this in 2009.  Rates will never go high again.  I was kind of suprised back in 2018 when rates actually hit 5%....but that lasted what? 3 months?  Even before the virus, rates were already going down to 3.5% at the beginning of 2020. 

This country cannot raise interests rates.  Said it in 2009 when talking about ARMs with USCt, saying it again in 2020. 

When rates kissed 5% for a short while in late 2018 I told my clients that we would see rates back in the 3% range before they hit 6%. I'll admit that I never thought that 30 year rates would go below 3% but here we are.  Now I'm thinking rates might even go to 2% on the 15 year fixed rate and 2.50% on the the 30 year rate.

USCTrojanCPA said:
zubs said:

When rates kissed 5% for a short while in late 2018 I told my clients that we would see rates back in the 3% range before they hit 6%. I'll admit that I never thought that 30 year rates would go below 3% but here we are.  Now I'm thinking rates might even go to 2% on the 15 year fixed rate and 2.50% on the the 30 year rate.

Man...I just refi'd at 2.5% a couple months ago and now I might need to do it again if it goes down to 2.0%!

DBtoOC said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
zubs said:

Man...I just refi'd at 2.5% a couple months ago and now I might need to do it again if it goes down to 2.0%!

I give it a 50/50 that the 15 year fixed hits 2% this year.

Back