How long have you been with your significant other?

traceimage

In honor of Valentine's Day, I thought I'd ask.

I just realized I've been with my husband for 13 years (married for 9). Looong time. Haha.

Fourteen married, 14+3 months as a couple and going strong :)
So, tell me more.. how did you guys meet your S/O? How did you he/she was the one?

irvinehomeowner said:
I've had my new phone for a little over a month.

A lot of insignificant studies done over one hundred people have concluded that phones are the new age cigarettes- men reach out to get away from wives. Tch Tch.. IHO..not good!

That said, tell us more about this new beauty in your life. Did she take away your unlimited data plan??

Nope.... grandfathered in... and LTE is oh so speedy.

For my *other* significant other... more than 10, less than 20.

SoCal said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Proposal Story:

Went into Best Buy, waited 30 minutes, picked the color... done.

What color did you pick??

He wants us to ask..
- What color, what model, what plan, what about the unlimited data?
- How different is this 4G LTE from the ones that came out six months ago?
- What carrier?

Yet pretends that it was the easiest decision he ever made.

So, IHO, the other s/o.. how did you meet? Is it a short and sweet story too, like the phone?

Nah... decision was easy.... waiting for this model to come out, read some reviews on the Net, waited for it to go on sale... easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Didn't have an LTE phone before this... so I feel spoiled.

SoCal said:
I want proposal stories. Go.

"There is a package for you", knocked the postman as he left the package at the door and walked away. I open my eyes and realize it was mid-morning already and my room was filled with bright sunlight. The throbbing headache almost forced me to close my eyes, but the package.. I had to get it inside before anyone else noticed it. I drag myself to the front door, and carry the package to my bedroom and close the door.

Usually I rip open the surprise packages to see what's inside, but when I saw the handrwiting on the address, I knew who it came from, and what to expect. After what happened over the weekend, especially. I get up to find a knife and cut the tape, but my mother is home already. I take the package to the bathroom, and slowly cut the tape with the nail filer. There is a small box, with a letter. The small box.. I know what's inside.

I can't believe it's been two years already. That evening when we were at the Taj Mahal, sketching the silhoutte of the minaret and the finial under the mild sun. He told me that it was a monument of love, and if you really loved someone and told them that you wanted to share the rest of your life with them, they would be with you all your life. I knew what he hinted at, but I laughed it off, bringing him to reality.. I had to ask him, was he planning on feeding love to his lover, because as I saw it, he had nothing but student loan to offer to his significant other. We walked in the souk later, buying trinkets to take home, and this little boy came running to us. He had two Taj Mahals in his hand, carved in marble. "Buy them didi(sister)", he said, "I carved them". Looking at his tiny hands, I wondered if he was forced to do it. Child labor. I would be encouraging it if I bought from the boy. But my friend didn't share the exact feelings. He bought a Taj Mahal. The boy smiled and said "When you get married, propose in front of the Taj bhaiyya (brother), she will say yes" and ran away. My friend brought the Taj mahal home, and got teased through out the journey back home about it. "When I can feed the one I love, I will propose in front of this Taj Mahal, I hope she waits", he said, with a twinkle in his eyes. "Of course she will", I said, even though I knew I wouldn't.

Last evening I told him I can't wait a decade. A decade from now I will say hello to you in the marketplace, with two children in tow, I teased him. He was quiet. I never loved you, I explained, but I always felt special that you loved me. He was still quiet. I smiled and told him that he will find someone who will truly love him, and be ready to face the struggles of life with him, and walked away with my friends to celebrate another significant event in my life.

"Dear you,

When Shah Jahan built Taj Mahal, his wife was dead.She moved all over India with her husband, and was his pillar of strength. She rejoiced when the struggle for power ended, and she became the empress. When she died, she probably didn't know how much he loved her, but here stands the monument, reminding us of their love four centuries later. Don't define your fantasies by what you see- define them by what you can imagine.. let me be the one to fulfil all of them. If your answer is yes, call me now. If your answer is no, call the railways and confirm my ticket for this evening.

Love always,
Me"

Taj Mahal and the letter, in the bathroom.

SoCal: truth or fiction?

Cubic Zirconia said:
SoCal: truth or fiction?

Lovely story. You're amazing as always! I'll guess it's a work of fiction. My suspicion was the student debt. His parents most likely would have settled that for him.

Back