How easy is it to transfer within TUSD?

irvineorbust said:
not all the time and often it's better to be in a great club team or travel ball team than a private school team.  Also some particular sports, private schools are in lower division or lower ranked.  Also the "trust" kids won't be easy to deal with for my humble, ordinary home kids...  Ooooopppps..  I made that insulting, generalizing comment again....  Doh!

What sport does your kid play? Look I'm trying to help you out.

Going back to original subject...

I found this from TUSD website... So it's pretty clear unless there may be under the table, behind closed door deals going on...

So Tustin Legacy sales folks just lied or didn't know the district policy.  Either case, they shouldn't say anything about school transfer to lure buyers.

Current TUSD Students may NOT apply for an INTRADISTRICT TRANSFER FOR 2016-17.
http://www.tustin.k12.ca.us/Page/4362

eyephone said:
irvineorbust said:
not all the time and often it's better to be in a great club team or travel ball team than a private school team.  Also some particular sports, private schools are in lower division or lower ranked.  Also the "trust" kids won't be easy to deal with for my humble, ordinary home kids...  Ooooopppps..  I made that insulting, generalizing comment again....  Doh!

I appreciate it.  Don't get me wrong.  I don't get offended or insulted... especial on this board.  He plays baseball.  He's not a super star but objectively speaking, he is one of the better ones and has always been in every team and every season he played so far.  But I still can't say he's a sure in for high school varsity or even jr varsity since he'll have to compete with upper classmen and players who are bigger and stronger.  He's going to high school this fall...

eyephone said:
irvineorbust said:

Badminton.

I thought money is an issue, for private HS. When you found out their might be financial assistance, you said the competition is soft.

I think we all know the JV football team of a private school can walk all over the Tustin and Irvine varsity teams. ( not mention any names, but you all know who I am referring to)

WTTCHMN said:
eyephone said:
irvineorbust said:

Badminton.

Are you joking?

irvineorbust said:

I found this from TUSD website... So it's pretty clear unless there may be under the table, behind closed door deals going on...

So Tustin Legacy sales folks just lied or didn't know the district policy.  Either case, they shouldn't say anything about school transfer to lure buyers.

Read below that:
Families who move into the TUSD and are new to the district have two weeks from the move in date to request an intradistrict transfer.  Please contact Student Services if you have any questions about this process)

So if you buy in TL, you can technically still apply or at least that's how I read it. And if TUSD is like IUSD, you don't need to reapply each year.  It's just gets "reevaluated" each year.

So palms may have been greased :). The lengths the dev will go to sell these TL homes.....

irvineorbust said:

Did you read the website?

"Families who move into the TUSD and are new to the district have two weeks from the move in date to request an intradistrict transfer. Please contact Student Services if you have any questions about this process)

INTERDISTRICT Applications will be accepted on a space availability basis once
ALL families who submitted transfer applications during the priority window have been notified."

So if you buy a Greenwood home and are new to TUSD, you are allowed to apply for a transfer. Whether you get approved or not is another question.

EDIT: Oops, Bones beat me to it. I pushed save too late  :)

iacrenter said:
irvineorbust said:

Did you read the website?

"Families who move into the TUSD and are new to the district have two weeks from the move in date to request an intradistrict transfer. Please contact Student Services if you have any questions about this process)

INTERDISTRICT Applications will be accepted on a space availability basis once
ALL families who submitted transfer applications during the priority window have been notified."

So if you buy a Greenwood home and are new to TUSD, you are allowed to apply for a transfer. Whether you get approved or not is another question.

EDIT: Oops, Bones beat me to it. I pushed save too late  :)

Hehe. But if you think about it, kind of shady. No transfers unless you are a new buyer?  Sure, this could apply even if you buy resale but pretty blatant what this is about.

WTTCHMN said:
eyephone said:
irvineorbust said:

Badminton.

you funny guy... are you making fun of all badminton super stars???? what's next ping pong?

irvineorbust said:
WTTCHMN said:
eyephone said:
irvineorbust said:

Badminton.

you funny guy... are you making fun of all badminton super stars???? what's next ping pong?

It's called TABLE TENNIS!

ping pong sounds more ethnic... even though plenty of Europeans play but may be those are descendants of the Great Genghis Khan....

irvineorbust said:
ping pong sounds more ethnic... even though plenty of Europeans play but may be those are descendants of the Great Genghis Khan....

"sounds more ethnic"

irvineorbust said:

Nah, white people play pickleball instead.

irvineorbust said:

So what sport does your super star son play?

eyephone said:
irvineorbust said:

So what sport does your super star son play?

I never said my son was a super star and he plays baseball. I replied to you a few days ago...

Quote from: eyephone on March 04, 2016, 02:13:26 PM

Quote from: irvineorbust on March 04, 2016, 02:06:59 PM

I appreciate it.  Don't get me wrong.  I don't get offended or insulted... especial on this board.  He plays baseball.  He's not a super star but objectively speaking, he is one of the better ones and has always been in every team and every season he played so far.  But I still can't say he's a sure in for high school varsity or even jr varsity since he'll have to compete with upper classmen and players who are bigger and stronger.  He's going to high school this fall...

Back