How does everyone think of Greatpark?

akula1488 said:
Great Park residents are paying for the amenities the rest of people in Orange County get to enjoy. Nice of them.

That's what I was saying above too. Somehow I never even thought of it like that until this thread. I don't know how I would feel about that as a resident of the GP neighborhoods. I mean sometimes it's so overcrowded with the sports events that it's hard to go on a walk around the park. It almost feels like something the city or another entity should be taking the biggest financial burden on for, but I guess it doesn't always work that way.

irviniteeee said:
akula1488 said:
Great Park residents are paying for the amenities the rest of people in Orange County get to enjoy. Nice of them.

That's what I was saying above too. Somehow I never even thought of it like that until this thread. I don't know how I would feel about that as a resident of the GP neighborhoods. I mean sometimes it's so overcrowded with the sports events that it's hard to go on a walk around the park. It almost feels like something the city or another entity should be taking the biggest financial burden on for, but I guess it doesn't always work that way.

Charge non resident cars a fee to enter park? (Make money instead of spending money!)

eyephone said:
irviniteeee said:
akula1488 said:

Great idea. But how to distinguish residents vs non residents?

Charge non resident cars a fee to enter park? (Make money instead of spending money!)

talkirvine said:
eyephone said:
irviniteeee said:
akula1488 said:

Key fob or electronic card at automated gate and non residents pay.

Consider the extra property taxes GP residents pay as a premium to live next to such a beautiful park.

Like the premium you pay for a view lot or a corner lot...
except it's not a one timer...it's perpetual....

eyephone said:
talkirvine said:
eyephone said:
irviniteeee said:
akula1488 said:

I'm sure the surrounding neighborhoods namely CVE would love to have it become an overflow parking for visitors of GP unwilling to pay.

Cares said:
eyephone said:
talkirvine said:
eyephone said:
irviniteeee said:
akula1488 said:

I'm sure the surrounding neighborhoods namely CVE would love to have it become an overflow parking for visitors of GP unwilling to pay.

Relax. Just a friendly suggestion.  ;)

zubs said:
Consider the extra property taxes GP residents pay as a premium to live next to such a beautiful park.

Once upon a time the proposal was GP will become the next metropolis park that rivals Central Park in NY or Balboa Park in SD...There is really no park premium for GP as it is mostly just sports parks plus renovated aircraft hangers and runway....

akula1488 said:
zubs said:

Once upon a time the proposal was GP will become the next metropolis park that rivals Central Park in NY or Balboa Park in SD...There is really no park premium for GP as it is mostly just sports parks plus renovated aircraft hangers and runway....

Worth the premium if your kid plays club soccer, travel baseball/softball, club hockey and tennis on teams that practice/play there. Nothing beats getting to practice/games in <5 minutes :)

Back