How does everyone think of Greatpark?

Sunnyirvine said:
Not all think negative but justification some pay 1K to pay monthly and not single swim pool?

Great Park HOAs have probably the nicest community swimming pools.

they sent out letters outlining the trackt 19122 which is south of carmine which covers homes on carmine, and businesses of what would have you for fivepoint x. more details to be published to subdivision comittee site on June 24th. and up for discussion on July 1st. the letter states 373 residential condominiums amongst 22 lots (27.5 gross acre) - all south of carmine street which gives me an impression that more like stacked flats/condos. and rest of the south of great park blvd with 28,310 sqft non residential condominium use which doesn't elaborate more .

If I was a homeowner in Great Park, I would find it very difficult to pay 1.8-1.9% property taxes and have no say on what gets built or not. Having nice facilities is almost expected if I'm paying 1.8-1.9% in property taxes and another $200-$500 in HOA. But of course, not everyone thinks the same and are okay to pay that premium for a decent school district along with the "above average" amenities they provide.

I agree with your sentiment but just like a regular HOA do you think homeowners really get upset about not "having a say" as to how the funds are spent? My HOA's homeowner participation is super low, as long as things are functioning as they should be no one really cares.

Cares said:
I agree with your sentiment but just like a regular HOA do you think homeowners really get upset about not "having a say" as to how the funds are spent? My HOA's homeowner participation is super low, as long as things are functioning as they should be no one really cares.
Well if homeowners are paying HOA to begin with, I would like to hope they care. Things like ensuring the HOA facilities are maintained, grass is cut, etc should be done. If it's not done, I would hope homeowners bring those issues up to the HOA and get them resolved. But again, everyone is different and care about things differently.

Drive around Cadence, you will see cars parked illegally in their "non existing driveway" or red line (hydrant). When you call the HOA to report, they would tell you to call the tow truck company. When you call the tow truck company,he would tell you he already issued 4 citations to the same car and about to to write a 5th. And, he could not tow the car because GP is still under development, hence the roads are private (not enforced by the city yet). Do you think the HOA cares?

NotAnEarlyBird said:
Drive around Cadence, you will see cars parked illegally in their "non existing driveway" or red line (hydrant). When you call the HOA to report, they would tell you to call the tow truck company. When you call the tow truck company,he would tell you he already issued 4 citations to the same car and about to to write a 5th. And, he could not tow the car because GP is still under development, hence the roads are private (not enforced by the city yet). Do you think the HOA cares?

It cracks me up when people buy homes with garages (sometimes even a 3-car), but will park everywhere else BUT their garage. It's understandable when people have just moved in and are getting situated, but I never understood those who just don't utilize their garage. Does that seem to be the case in Cadence Park? I know some of the homes are still being completed/moved into.

Well, Mr "Don'tGiveADamn"'s garage door is also open most nights. It's very neat and empty with only one sedan parked right in the middle. My point is, there are ample legal parking on the road (vacant), why must he be so selfish to park outside his garage and be a nuinsance to his neighbors? Worse, he's not the only one.

NotAnEarlyBird said:
Well, Mr "Don'tGiveADamn"'s garage door is also open most nights. It's very neat and empty with only one sedan parked right in the middle. My point is, there are ample legal parking on the road (vacant), why must he be so selfish to park outside his garage and be a nuinsance to his neighbors?

Oh yeah then there's really no excuse. This is one of the things that I'm leery about when it comes to shared driveways or motorcourt homes. You never know what you're getting. A friend of mine lives in Stonegate and his neighbor will park in front of their garage, sometimes almost in the middle of the motorcourt and my friend won't be able to get out of his garage. It's very annoying.

NotAnEarlyBird said:

Thank you for the information. It is good to know where to park at Cadence Park now.  >:D

Also,  the zipline and public playground near the GP soccer field is being trashed by people visiting for soccer tournaments. These amenities are maintained using $$$ from MR. So sad.

NotAnEarlyBird said:
Also,  the zipline and public playground near the GP soccer field is being trashed by people visiting for soccer tournaments. These amenities are maintained using $$$ from MR. So sad.

That's an interesting point. For some reason I never thought about the fact that the MR is paying for the park and all its amenities being used by so many non-residents who come for sports. It's too bad that much of the burden is placed on GP residents, but I guess that's just how the cookie crumbles.

NotAnEarlyBird said:

This zip line has been closed for almost 2 years.  I think they removed the entire playground now. 

aquabliss said:
NotAnEarlyBird said:

This zip line has been closed for almost 2 years.  I think they removed the entire playground now.

The one next to the tennis courts is closed, but there?s another one near the balloon

eyephone said:
How cheap is it to build and then remove a playground? Who planned that?

Dunno... Woodbury is currently replacing their 2 play structures in the front

Irvine spectrum used to have a kiddie play ground area near target, with slides, replaced by that net contraption...

AW said:
eyephone said:
How cheap is it to build and then remove a playground? Who planned that?

Dunno... Woodbury is currently replacing their 2 play structures in the front

Irvine spectrum used to have a kiddie play ground area near target, with slides, replaced by that net contraption...

I assume the woodbury playground is not new like the great park.

The spider web looking playground at Irvine spectrum was quite interesting. I was surprised they built a playground like that there.

Back