Homeowner's Insurance

akim997

Does anyone have any recommendations/referrals for HO and other coverages?  Need to switch (or get a different quote) from my current as they wont quote on new homes (don't ask me why!)

akim997 said:
Does anyone have any recommendations/referrals for HO and other coverages?  Need to switch (or get a different quote) from my current as they wont quote on new homes (don't ask me why!)
See below...he insures my Irvine home and my CA rentals....

Andy Zuloaga - Farmers Insurance
Agent, License #0F29047
8350 Florence Ave
2nd Floor, Suite 700
Downey, CA 90240
562-659-7558 - business
714-393-7137 - direct
714-455-7055 - direct fax
azuloaga@farmersagent.com

Has anyone compared broker prices (smaller insurance companies) with the big names in the insurance industry (ie. State Farm or Farmers)?  When I was getting quotes, the broker found me Allied Insurance who was about 40% cheaper than State Farm.  I guess I can try USC's and bones contact tomorrow and see if this still holds true.

bones said:
We use Rebecca Higgs with State Farm over on Jeffrey and Trabuco.
http://www.statefarm.com/agent/US/CA/Irvine/Rebecca-Higgs-RVVBM1YS000

Thanks for the referral.  I spoke to her and she was very helpful.  Rates weren't the best, but competitive, and bundling helps so we are switching all of our insurance over.  If you want to PM me your name, she wanted to thank whoever referred me.  For anyone curious, with auto, our homeowner quote came out to $700/yr. 

yes always try to bundle car and homeowners insurance together. We switched car insurance but not homeowners and get a supplemental bill for homeowners from Farmers right away.

We use Rebecca Higgs at State Farm as well for auto and homes.  Rates are decent, but more importantly we appreciate the customer service.  If I ever needed documentation, answers to specific questions, etc. her team was on it.  I would highly recommend. 

woodburyowner said:
Has anyone compared broker prices (smaller insurance companies) with the big names in the insurance industry (ie. State Farm or Farmers)?  When I was getting quotes, the broker found me Allied Insurance who was about 40% cheaper than State Farm.  I guess I can try USC's and bones contact tomorrow and see if this still holds true.

Guess the higher rate still holds true.  State Farm quoted me an annual premium of 53% over what I am paying now for HO Insurance (I just sent over my current policy so an accurate quote could be done).  This also includes the Auto Discount which shouldn't really be included for an apples to apples comparison.  Without the auto discount, we are talking about over a 100% increase over what I am paying right now.  Even worse is that the dwelling coverage provided by State Farm is about 120k less than what I'm getting right now.

Is State Farm's customer service THAT much better to warrant this increase?  Anyone have experience with the smaller insurance companies?

woodburyowner said:
woodburyowner said:

Guess the higher rate still holds true.  State Farm quoted me an annual premium of 53% over what I am paying now for HO Insurance (I just sent over my current policy so an accurate quote could be done).  This also includes the Auto Discount which shouldn't really be included for an apples to apples comparison.  Without the auto discount, we are talking about over a 100% increase over what I am paying right now.  Even worse is that the dwelling coverage provided by State Farm is about 120k less than what I'm getting right now.

Is State Farm's customer service THAT much better to warrant this increase?  Anyone have experience with the smaller insurance companies?
Give Andy at Farmers a call....he beat Mercury and Ameriprise. 

True...sometimes you don't care about that level of customer service if the rates are so much better...  Maybe it is possible to get both.  I should probably be checking into lower rates myself to see how much of a "premium" I am paying for this customer service with State Farm.

However, what I can tell you is that any communication I have had with Rebecca Higgs and team has been stellar.  Obtaining 1 day event insurance, answers to questions, or sending/receiving documents for refinances have been a breeze.  As a busy working mom, I don't have time to deal with incompetence.  So, I guess that's worth something...

Back