• Bought already: Resale

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Renter 4EVA!

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Other: Post below

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
UnderContract said:
I?m new to this forum. I?ve been looking to buy in Irvine for a couple of months now. Resale market has been tough. Or maybe I?m just being too picky. :)

Seems to be the trend.  All of the buyers are getting pickier and pickier because the thought is that the longer you wait, the better it is for buyers at this time. 

*raises hand*
I'm one of the relatively newer members of this board and I'm still lurking around. After about a year of searching amidst ever-expanding prices in Irvine/Baker Ranch/Aliso Viejo, we have yet to pull the trigger on anything. I guess that may have been a blessing in disguise as it finally does seem like prices have plateaued (at least for the time being).

Let's get back to UnderContract's conundrum because most of us who have already bought may have found ourselves in his/her position at some point.

Can you give us a Redfin sample of homes you have looked at but decided not to buy? You can even give us an example of homes you are currently looking at (since most of us have bought, I don't think you will find competition from us).

I would think you can find a driveway nice SFR from $1.25m in north OC but I'm not sure what cities you mean by that. Tustin? Orange? Anaheim? Yorba Linda?

Edit: Driveway confusion.

At the beginning of this thread, USCTrojanCPA asked me which Irvine villages I was looking at. I said Woodbridge, Woodbury, and Northwood because I like yards and driveways. Somehow this was twisted into people thinking I can?t find a house with a driveway in all of Orange County. Lol

UnderContract said:
At the beginning of this thread, USCTrojanCPA asked me which Irvine villages I was looking at. I said Woodbridge, Woodbury, and Northwood because I like yards and driveways. Somehow this was twisted into people thinking I can?t find a house with a driveway in all of Orange County. Lol

Didn?t you say North Oc?

UnderContract said:

This is what confused me:

UnderContract said:
Woodbury, Woodbridge, and Northwood. I like driveways and yards.

We are looking in multiple cities, mostly in north OC.

But I guess I missed this post:

UnderContract said:
Right. The driveway issue is specific to Irvine. I have not found that to be an issue in other cities we are looking at. Irvine has a lot of detached condos.

So let me redact my post.

But I'm still curious about what you are looking at in the resale market.

UnderContract said:

Here's a couple, at 1.25 budget there won't be bigger lots in Irvine unless you go maybe El Camino, then it's a teardown, but they both have driveways in 2 of the hoods you mentioned. 
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/55-Gentry-92620/home/5950631
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/51-Pacific-Crst-92602/home/5857821

Seems like you change/update your criteria as you post.

Your dedicated agent should be keeping you posted.

akkord said:
UnderContract said:

Here's a couple, at 1.25 budget there won't be bigger lots in Irvine unless you go maybe El Camino, then it's a teardown, but they both have driveways in 2 of the hoods you mentioned. 

I forget if akkord is also a realtor (need to hack Irvine Dream's spreadsheet) as these are pretty good finds.

If I had to pick, it would be the Woodbury one on Gentry... everything is newer but it also depends if you like a main floor master.

The NP Square one is okay, it's dated so some reno has to be done on the bathrooms and the floorplan is an older style that some may not like (I don't like laundry rooms that are a garage walk-thru).

irvinehomeowner said:
akkord said:
UnderContract said:

I forget if akkord is also a realtor (need to hack Irvine Dream's spreadsheet) as these are pretty good finds.

If I had to pick, it would be the Woodbury one on Gentry... everything is newer but it also depends if you like a main floor master.

The NP Square one is okay, it's dated so some reno has to be done on the bathrooms and the floorplan is an older style that some may not like (I don't like laundry rooms that are a garage walk-thru).

Nah, he's one of my good clients but has great real estate search skills.  ;)

USCTrojanCPA said:
Nah, he's one of my good clients but has great real estate search skills.  ;)

I don't even know why I search real estate, free time at work I guess, I don't plan on buying anything else unless I hit the Mega Millions or the market tanks and can pick up rentals on the cheap. 

irvinehomeowner said:
See... Irvine is too expensive for first-time buyers... or they are an FCB and don't read TI.

Hello! I am a first time home buyer looking in Irvine who is an anti-Trump millennial, born in the US, definitely do not have all cash for my home, and I read TI! :D

Local insights are great for everyone! I bet there are other first time home buyers or people considering a move to Irvine who browse this forum. I mostly zoom past the political talk and just look for discussion and data on buying and selling in Irvine.

irvinehomeowner said:
akkord said:
UnderContract said:

The Woodbury house all the way versus the NP square house as it seems the NP square house is way overpriced.  The NP square house is much older and definitely dated.  All the bathrooms need complete renovation in the NP square house which is $$$$$, lot is smaller, its in TUSD versus IUSD, etc, the hardscape/landscaping seems messy in NP square house.  Plus the floorplan is way better in woodbury house and that street that the NP square house is on is probably somewhat busy.  If woodbury house sells for list price at 1.228M, then NP square house should trade for 1.1M-1.15M in my opinion.

moc said:
irvinehomeowner said:
See... Irvine is too expensive for first-time buyers... or they are an FCB and don't read TI.

Hello! I am a first time home buyer looking in Irvine who is an anti-Trump millennial, born in the US, definitely do not have all cash for my home, and I read TI! :D

Local insights are great for everyone! I bet there are other first time home buyers or people considering a move to Irvine who browse this forum. I mostly zoom past the political talk and just look for discussion and data on buying and selling in Irvine.

Hello! Same here. millennial that just put down a deposit on an "entry" level town home in great park. My fiance and I considered a lot of opinions on TI before putting down the deposit. However, we quickly found out that a yard was a luxury we might have to forgo since we aren't quite in the 1 million + mortgage range yet.

realEstatey said:
moc said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Hello! Same here. millennial that just put down a deposit on an "entry" level town home in great park. My fiance and I considered a lot of opinions on TI before putting down the deposit. However, we quickly found out that a yard was a luxury we might have to forgo since we aren't quite in the 1 million + mortgage range yet.

We are in a very similar boat! We do exist! Cheers :)

realEstatey said:

You bought Muse, right? Isn't Deco a detached home in Cadence park with a lower starting price?

realEstatey said:
moc said:
irvinehomeowner said:

A back yard or side yard are not a luxury. It?s a necessity for me at least.

akkord said:
UnderContract said:

Back