• Renter 4EVA!

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Other: Post below

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
UnderContract said:
eyephone said:
UnderContract said:
Woodbury, Woodbridge, and Northwood. I like driveways and yards.

We are looking in multiple cities, mostly in north OC.

No inventory? Are you kidding me?
Have you tried looking at Zillow or Redfin?

I didn?t say there was no inventory. I have been working with a Realtor and check for new listings daily.

A lot of listings in Irvine are too close to the freeway or a very busy road like Culver, which is a deal breaker for me.

1.25 and you can?t find a driveway in oc?

Eyephone..... I believe you misphrased something. May I?

"1.25 and you can't find a driveway in Irvine?"

My .02c

Right. The driveway issue is specific to Irvine. I have not found that to be an issue in other cities we are looking at. Irvine has a lot of detached condos.

Soylent Green Is People said:
Eyephone..... I believe you misphrased something. May I?

"1.25 and you can't find a driveway in Irvine?"

My .02c

He mentioned north oc and Irvine. I stand by my previous statement.

bones said:
Traffic has slowed bc the most recent posts are dominated by cry havoc, the investigation, etc.  I know those conversations get lively... for 6 people.

So it's Trump's fault that TI's traffic sucks?  I doubt it.  We live in a world of numerous distractions and people are addicted to things like FB, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.  I don't participate on any of those data-selling services, so maybe I have more free time than most to comment here. 

Realistically, forums like this are a relic of 10+ years ago.  Internet usage has evolved and traditional blogging/forum posting is dying across all mediums, not just the topic of Irvine.  What has really kept TI alive is the inertia of long-time posters like IHO and MoreKaos continuing to stick with it for all these years.  If this forum relied on new users to stay alive, it would have gone the way of the OC Reader a long time ago.

Perhaps TI could use some addictive algorithms to exploit users' FOMO?

If this is a relic of 10 + years ago. Then why do you go on here?
I don?t think no one was asking about you when you recently left. But then you came back.

Liar Loan said:
bones said:
Traffic has slowed bc the most recent posts are dominated by cry havoc, the investigation, etc.  I know those conversations get lively... for 6 people.

So it's Trump's fault that TI's traffic sucks?  I doubt it.  We live in a world of numerous distractions and people are addicted to things like FB, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.  I don't participate on any of those data-selling services, so maybe I have more free time than most to comment here. 

Realistically, forums like this are a relic of 10+ years ago.  Internet usage has evolved and traditional blogging/forum posting is dying across all mediums, not just the topic of Irvine.  What has really kept TI alive is the inertia of long-time posters like IHO and MoreKaos continuing to stick with it for all these years.  If this forum relied on new users to stay alive, it would have gone the way of the OC Reader a long time ago.

placeholder

Liar Loan said:
bones said:

Did I say that? I actually have no idea what those threads are about but since I?m very distracted by all these other ?things?, I?m guessing those threads talk about things I have no interest in and/or choose not to discuss on TI. And since this is 2018, that?s my hot take.  Like the rest of the noise on the internet, you can take it or leave it. Sadly for TI, looks like most people are choosing to leave it.

bones said:
Liar Loan said:
bones said:

Did I say that? I actually have no idea what those threads are about but since I?m very distracted by all these other ?things?, I?m guessing those threads talk about things I have no interest in and/or choose not to discuss on TI. And since this is 2018, that?s my hot take.  Like the rest of the noise on the internet, you can take it or leave it. Sadly for TI, looks like most people are choosing to leave it.

There is definitely way too much political traffic re Trump and I agree. When I first began reading the non real estate threads all I saw was a trump fanboy club and a right wing watering hole with lots of garish bold red font and cartoonish gifs with inside jokes .  Ignored them for a while and then got engaged since so much utter nonsense was going unanswered . Maybe it is time to dial it all back a bit . But as long as the water cooler section is there , it will be full of such posts since politics is not what it used to be and has infiltrated every walk of our lives . These are indeed unusual times .

UnderContract said:
eyephone said:
UnderContract said:
eyephone said:
UnderContract said:
Also, initially our budget was much lower. And we were contingent on selling our other home.

Is the house your selling active status?

Not anymore. We sold it.

I thought it was contingent.

We were contingent when we first started looking for a house. Sorry if that was unclear.

I get it now

fortune11 said:
bones said:
Liar Loan said:
bones said:

There is definitely way too much political traffic re Trump and I agree. When I first began reading the non real estate threads all I saw was a trump fanboy club and a right wing watering hole with lots of garish bold red font and cartoonish gifs with inside jokes .  Ignored them for a while and then got engaged since so much utter nonsense was going unanswered . Maybe it is time to dial it all back a bit . But as long as the water cooler section is there , it will be full of such posts since politics is not what it used to be and has infiltrated every walk of our lives . These are indeed unusual times .

I am glad you bring some perspectives and anti trump to the forum. It?s not so much against the Republican, it?s more about the banana president sitting in the highest office of this land that I love.

Compressed-Village said:
I am glad you bring some perspectives and anti trump to the forum. It?s not so much against the Republican, it?s more about the banana president sitting in the highest office of this land that I love.

Yes , it is not about the parties as they historically have been.  I myself voted for Romney and my favorite post war President is actually Bush senior .  But what?s going on right now is beyond imagination . 

Just saw the sad news of John McCain passing away ? a reminder of the greatness and conviction that can still exist in the political system.  He was so unique and way above both political parties .

fortune11 said:
Compressed-Village said:

Yes , it is not about the parties as they historically have been.  I myself voted for Romney and my favorite post war President is actually Bush senior .  But what?s going on right now is beyond imagination . 

Just saw the sad news of John McCain passing away ? a reminder of the greatness and conviction that can still exist in the political system.  He was so unique and way above both political parties .

I consider John McCain as a patriot.

Back