Home security system

you can haggle with front point security.. got most of the equipment for cheap.

Bumping this, as all safe cities in Orange County, heck nationally, are getting hit hard by burglaries in recent times.

Anyone here evaluate home security systems recently? Thanks.

A good deterrent is also external home cams.

I have one on the porch/front door for Amazon thefts, a side yard and a back yard cam. Used Arlo Pros from Coscto back in the day but there are a wide variety out now.

Burglars will tend to stay away from homes that have external cams visible... because they know there may be internal ones too.

Cameras aren't just for identification... but also early warning prior to them breaking in. Most security systems don't alarm until after a break-in is detected.

I’ve mounted some Wyzecam v3’s on the windows looking out in front and back. The quality is great for $30 and gives me some peace of mind being able to review footage. It’s not going to stop anyone from breaking in but it is a little deterrent in the sense that it makes my home just a little less appealing as a target than my neighbors lol

When I leave my house, I plug in my inside camera with motion sensor.
Then when someone moves in the house, my phone makes a sound and I look to see what's going on inside my house.

I figure I'll call the cops if I see a burgler....but it hasn't happend yet.

Back