Hidden Canyon in Irvine

if i ever buy in HC , i'll have to take out a 50-60% of the purchase price on a mortgage, because most of my liquid assets (ready cash) is tied up in the stock and bond markets.

kind of stupid of the sales people at HC to DEMAND ALL CASH purchase only. who in the world have $2 to 3 million cash in the bank earning next to nothing? idiot policy if u ask me! I guess there are more ready cash buyers now (presumably from China still) than available supply at this time for this development

pisa said:
Can one of the early buyers please chime in? Where did they all go?

All the accusation of being Toll Brother employees trolling TI to pump up the community drove all the early buyers out.

Latest Capri price sheet. All sold.

152yxe8.jpg

Hopefully with the Chinese market spiriling the cash offer buyers will slow down and give us finance buyers a fair share! :)

RHOC said:
Hopefully with the Chinese market spiriling the cash offer buyers will slow down and give us finance buyers a fair share! :)

RHOC, I thought you were moving to Shady Canyon - don't undercut yourself with this inferior HC product :)

aquabliss said:
RHOC said:

RHOC, I thought you were moving to Shady Canyon - don't undercut yourself with this inferior HC product :)
LOL, I'm still thinking about HC aquabliss. We had to do a lottery in HC on a large lot with view I really wanted (end of a cul da sac) but unfortunately did not get it. I was told there were 7 others in the lottery! My patience is running low and not sure I like to wait 8-12 months for a home to be built. We'll see...Btw, are you stalking me??!!lol ;)

RHOC said:
aquabliss said:
RHOC said:

LOL, I'm still thinking about HC aquabliss. We had to do a lottery in HC on a large lot with view I really wanted (end of a cul da sac) but unfortunately did not get it. I was told there were 7 others in the lottery! My patience is running low and not sure I like to wait 8-12 months for a home to be built. We'll see...Btw, are you stalking me??!!lol ;)

Who knows, in a year from now you may be thankful you lost that lottery.

Not stalking you, I just remember every post about Shady Canyon.  Someday I hope to call it home as well :)

RHOC said:
aquabliss said:
RHOC said:

RHOC I vote for Shady as well, higher status and more custom product that you do not need to wait months for.
BTW I'm really enjoying the show  ;)  I can't believe you lost out on some HC lottery, can't you "name drop" and get priority?? Otherwise there is always Newport Coast next to Shannon  ;D

aquabliss said:
Shannon's been trying to sell that house for like 2 years. I don't think it will ever sell.

I know! Is it still actively listed? It's a beautiful home though but I think her price tag was $8mil right?  Have you seen Heather's house with her fancy Porte-Cochere? Talk about over-indulgence but then again aqua that's probably your dream home lol  ;D

Paris said:
aquabliss said:
Shannon's been trying to sell that house for like 2 years. I don't think it will ever sell.

I know! Is it still actively listed? It's a beautiful home though but I think her price tag was $8mil right?  Have you seen Heather's house with her fancy Porte-Cochere? Talk about over-indulgence but then again aqua that's probably your dream home lol  ;D

Haha you reminded me of some commentary/blog I read the other day:http://tamaratattles.com/2015/06/08...nty-season-premiere-recap-under-construction/

"Pretentiousness already as they ride out to new house that has like 50 foot ceiling in the foyer and a porte cochere which is apparently a new word for them that describes essentially a driveway  that goes through a structure to an interior courtyard.  Which is not what they have. They have a canopy structure outside their front door that cars can drive under to avoid the elements when entering or leaving. I hate these people again in the very first scene. I can?t deal with another season of NOTICE ME! NOTICE ME! I AM RICH!  I?d love to just see their houses without all the constant bragging. Heather is exhausted by purchasing seven thousand dollar sinks for her beauty salon."

Shannon's house is still listed:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Newport-Beach/20-Shell-BCH-92657/home/5957851
It's been over 2 years and no takers.  Time for them to drop the price to $9M and let it go.

As for me, I'm not into the Porte-Cochere thing.  More of a simple/modern/tuscan kind of guy.  I'd be plenty happy living out the rest of my life right here:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/126-Canyon-CRK-92603/home/7217427

Aqua that is a gorgeous house in Shady - I'm sure most of us would be happy living out the rest of our days in that one  ;D

aquabliss said:
Paris said:
aquabliss said:

Haha you reminded me of some commentary/blog I read the other day:http://tamaratattles.com/2015/06/08...nty-season-premiere-recap-under-construction/

"Pretentiousness already as they ride out to new house that has like 50 foot ceiling in the foyer and a porte cochere which is apparently a new word for them that describes essentially a driveway  that goes through a structure to an interior courtyard.  Which is not what they have. They have a canopy structure outside their front door that cars can drive under to avoid the elements when entering or leaving. I hate these people again in the very first scene. I can?t deal with another season of NOTICE ME! NOTICE ME! I AM RICH!  I?d love to just see their houses without all the constant bragging. Heather is exhausted by purchasing seven thousand dollar sinks for her beauty salon."

Shannon's house is still listed:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Newport-Beach/20-Shell-BCH-92657/home/5957851
It's been over 2 years and no takers.  Time for them to drop the price to $9M and let it go.

As for me, I'm not into the Porte-Cochere thing.  More of a simple/modern/tuscan kind of guy.  I'd be plenty happy living out the rest of my life right here:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/126-Canyon-CRK-92603/home/7217427

Nice Tuscan style home. First time I've seen a house without baseboards or crown moldings.

rpirvine said:
Was in the sales office this weekend, all the homes (except for the Marbella and its first floor master) are already gone.  Are there any updates on if buyers that are financing are being shut out to FCBs?

Most of the buyers we've met so far are financing... I've seen some individuals at the sales office who definitely look like they're buying with suitcases full of cash (lambo superleggera, panamera turbo, etc). But in general, the majority of local buyers are utilizing low rates to their advantage, have rock-solid financials, and are non-contingent. However, the 1 acre hilltop lots have cash buyers lined up already, so they're definitely given some sort of priority.

It looks like lot 91 is still available, major T junction, maybe they'll be willing to lower their prereqs for this one! 

I'm actually surprised that the view premiums are so much less in Capri. It looks like the premiums are $250k to $300k . . . In Marbella unobstructed views seem to command premiums over $500k.

OC-Broker said:
I'm actually surprised that the view premiums are so much less in Capri. It looks like the premiums are $250k to $300k . . . In Marbella unobstructed views seem to command premiums over $500k.

it is all relative... compare to marbella view lot , it is a good price, likely will be sold right after release date

ocdad said:
New price list.. These are view lots

All of the new release from Capri have been reserved. Marbella doesn't look to be faring as well as the new releases and one from the last one is still available.

Back