Hidden Canyon in Irvine

irviniteeee said:
*  Model grand opening anticipated in early 2015. Construction does not begin until home is purchased. Opening scheduled for Winter 2015.
*  2 Collections:  Capri & Marbella. Both offer five unique home designs featuring 5 bedrooms and 5.5 bathrooms, spacious California rooms and expansive glass door systems.
*  Home sizes from 4,200 sq. ft. up to just under 6,000 sq. ft.
*  Average lot size of 9,300 sq. ft. (Lots range from 5,500 sq. ft. to over 24,000 sq. ft.)
*  Preliminary pricing:  expected to range from the high $1.9 millions to the low $3 millions based on home plan and lot selected.
*  Up to 4 car garages
*  Downstairs master bedrooms
*  Detached casitas
*  Volume ceilings
*  Dual staircases
*  Second floor decks
*  Multi-generation suites
*  1.5% Tax Rate
*  Nominal Mello-Roos for Irvine School District:  $400.00/month
*  All homes are 2-story
*  Schools (preliminary):
          Elementary:  Alderwood
          Middle:  Rancho San Joaquin
          High School:  University

Have fun paying the $45,000 annual tax bill for that 3 million dollar home.  The 99% are hatin'

Wow... so those dimensions pass for "low density residential" today?

For the equivalent of a $3,000,000 house, you could live pretty well in Laguna Beach itself, and be in a great school district to boot.

As long as I can sell my house for more (big if, but maybe), I can take my tax base to that house (have to get the cheapies....... lol!).

Do I want another 4200 sq foot house? Not really but I would love a new home, downstairs master, multigenerational room, casita.

Big if....

test said:
OH is middle of nowhere like PS.  OH is PS 2.0.

A few miles to 3 major highways, within 10 mins to several shopping centers...yeah that's definitely in the middle on no where. Might as well be living in Death Valley  ::)

im kind of OCD when it comes to knowing how long it takes to get from point A to point B.  From the time we exited the grove to the 5 freeway was about 7 minutes, not as bad as i first thought. this was on a weekend though.

qwerty said:
im kind of OCD when it comes to knowing how long it takes to get from point A to point B.  From the time we exited the grove to the 5 freeway was about 7 minutes, not as bad as i first thought. this was on a weekend though.

I'm the same way. Lately it's been taking me a lot longer to get to the freeway than it did when I first moved in though :(

qwerty said:
im kind of OCD when it comes to knowing how long it takes to get from point A to point B.

Oh geez. This must be a "man thing". Mr. SoCal is this way, too. He will also go to (what I consider) great lengths just to shave one minute off of a drive.  ::) Men.

qwerty said:

I make that drive all the time and usually it's 5-7 mins to the 5.  For me to get to spectrum, the district it takes me 10 mins and the marketplace is like 5-6 mins. John Wayne down jamboree and right on Michelson 15 mins max. Going down jamboree is actually much faster than culver.

Paris said:
qwerty said:

I make that drive all the time and usually it's 5-7 mins to the 5.  For me to get to spectrum, the district it takes me 10 mins and the marketplace is like 5-6 mins. John Wayne down jamboree and right on Michelson 15 mins max. Going down jamboree is actually much faster than culver.
Jamboree only jams up from El Camino until Mitchell and then it opens up until you hit Barranca.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Paris said:
qwerty said:

Jamboree only jams up from El Camino until Mitchell and then it opens up until you hit Barranca.

The only problem is that most drivers don't know you can go up to 65mph!!  They drive at 45mph which frustrates the crap out of me. 

AA said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Paris said:
qwerty said:

The only problem is that most drivers don't know you can go up to 65mph!!  They drive at 45mph which frustrates the crap out of me.

Just drove behind someone doing 50 in a 65mph zone.  I took a breath and just followed them.  I figured that I should try to work on my inner zen and realize that the possible 20 seconds I make up by passing him may be offset by arriving at the next light when it is red. It was very hard to keep calm the whole time.  Nearly missed the turn light while he would have made it! 

Coleman said:
Just drove behind someone doing 50 in a 65mph zone.  I took a breath and just followed them.  I figured that I should try to work on my inner zen and realize that the possible 20 seconds I make up by passing him may be offset by arriving at the next light when it is red. It was very hard to keep calm the whole time.  Nearly missed the turn light while he would have made it! 
At least you didn't follow them to a gated community... you might have got shot*. ;)

*It's all connected.

test said:
5 foot side yards and 7 foot rear yards.  That's some high end shit!

1j1ag9.jpg

Full article here:
http://www.irvinequickrecords.com/s...r2p0su0huawbzfk/1538370009302014090136350.PDF

7 ft rear yard setback applies to CA room, 5 ft rear yard setback applies to casita option.  Doesn't apply to all the homes.  Ideal no, but not as bad as painted by test. 

5 ft sideyard setback is standard.  I don't see them applying for admin relief on the side yards. 

hc_zpsedc15a8c.jpg

hc1_zps01ad270d.jpg

5 foot side yard is standard.  Bare minimum.  A $1 home has a 5 foot side yard.  Should a $3 million home also have 5 foot side yard?

Guard tower is up, similar in fashion with Laguna Altura.  Framing for Capri and Marabella seems to be completing as well. 

Back